Grumpy and Minnie do Disney - the one with the honeymoon - finally complete!

Great TR, you were so lucky getting the upgrade to GF, I love your brick and how sweet to have the leave a legacy too :)

Great TR so far. I wanted a brick so bad a couple of years ago but they were not selling them. I think maybe I might look into the legacy thing for us to see when we go next year. Did you do that online somewhere? We are going to WDW in Nov 2009 and staying at POR in the mansions this time. I love that resort. We stayed there the last time in 2004. And because we are going in late Nov / early Dec I hope the MVMCP is there. Can't wait for more.

Great TR so far. I wanted a brick so bad a couple of years ago but they were not selling them. I think maybe I might look into the legacy thing for us to see when we go next year. Did you do that online somewhere? We are going to WDW in Nov 2009 and staying at POR in the mansions this time. I love that resort. We stayed there the last time in 2004. And because we are going in late Nov / early Dec I hope the MVMCP is there. Can't wait for more.

Ah Laura - I'm sorry chick - they stopped doing the Leave a Legacy tiles in June/July last year. I'm thining they are bound to come up with something else soon though. :goodvibes

I'd love to stay in the POR mansions - definitely on my 'to stay' list lol

Saturday 8th December

Today is our 1 week anniversary! :love: and we have a photo session booked at the Grand Floridian at 11.30. It’s great to be going back to the Grand so we make the most of it and decide to have breakfast there before our session. Having overdosed on junk food (I love it!) we opt for two fruit bowls and a yogurt parfait from Gasparilla’s for breakfast. We sit outside and watch the world go by until Grumpy spots some little birds and is off like a shot. Grumpy has a bird phobia. :scared1: We head back into the main building to the Photopass desk. The photographer is lovely and we get some shots around the hotel and on the beach which are a lovely keepsake especially as we stayed there for the first few nights of our holiday. It’s also great value for money $25 plus the cost of your Photopass CD. :banana:

We head up to the I-Drive and discover a Michaels! Yippee – I’m in heaven again. :cheer2: We also nip into the Samsonite Store for a holdall and padlock as our shopping pile back at POR is looking like it doesn’t want to fit into the two cases that we have brought. :wizard:

Next stop is the Florida Bay Mall. I’d expected all the empty lots of be full since our last visit in 2005 but there were loads of empty places. :confused: I love with mall though, for one reason and one reason only - the Ron Jon Surf Shop!! I love, love, love this shop. :yay: I bought three handbags (you can never have too many), a hoodie, a pair a sunglasses and a licence plate. Florida Bay Mall is worth a visit just for this shop! Honest :cloud9:

Tonight I have booked a surprise for Grumpy and I managed not to tell him until we were on holiday even though I’ve had it booked for 180 days, lol we are having dinner at Cinderella’s Royal Table. :cheer2: We are among the first people in the holding area and a CM tells us to start to form a queue. Grumpy is mortified that we are at the front of the queue and that we are the only people there without children. I am sprinkled with Fairy Dust :wizard: – I love that stuff! and arrives Cinderella soon after. We have our photo taken and hot foot it upstairs to a lovely big dining room, I thought it was very pretty and loved that fact that we were IN the castle. I can’t remember exactly what we ate but we definitely started with spring rolls. I had chicken and I think Grumpy had lamb for our main meal and we both had something chocolatey to finish. Grumpy was thoroughly impressed with his dinner and suggested we have dinner at CTR on our next trip – result! So I wipe some of Cinderella’s table confetti (for the scrapbook) into my Roy Jon Surf shop handbag and we’re off with a spring in our step.

cinder.jpg

We have a wander and walk on to see Mickey’s Philharmagic. We both love this show and it’s just as good as last time. Next we do a little shopping at Sir Mickey’s and we buy, Glam Minnie ears, a pair of sunglasses and a 2007 magnet.

And then it’s back to POR, and I can’t say for sure but I think there was carrot cake for me and choc chip ice cream for Grumpy and some American TV to round the day off :cloud9:

TFL xx

Sunday 9th December

Today we are going to Seaworld. :banana: We arrive around 9.30 and take preferred parking which is great as we are v close to the main entrance. We wander around and see some of the animal exhibits and make our way to see Shamu. We love, love, love this show. It’s fabulous and a real tear jerker (or is that just me lol). :confused3 :hug:

shamu.jpg

We are tired :sad2: and decide to call it a day but vow to come back to Seaworld on our next trip. I can’t leave without buying SOMETHING so we buy a Seaworld magnet. :cheer2: I stop to take a few photos before we leave…

sw2.jpg

sw1.jpg

On our merry way down the I-Drive I spot Bahama Breeze – I’ve heard so many good things here on the DIS so we give it a whirl. And we are not disappointed just a little stuffed! lol

bb.jpg

We decide to venture to MGM tonight to see Fantasmic. :wizard: It’s great and I am glad we braved the crowds to see it – it’s the weekend and an extra magic hour so it’s busy, busy, busy.

Then it’s back to POR, and I can’t say for sure but I think there was carrot cake for me and choc chip ice cream for Grumpy and some American TV. :cloud9:

Thanks for reading xx

Monday 10th December

Today we are going on a behind the scenes Yuletide Fantasy Tour. :goodvibes The tour starts at EPCOT so we make our way over there. I won’t say too much about the tour for people who haven’t been on it but we both really enjoyed it. We visited World Showcase, MGM, the Grand Floridian, Disney’s Christmas Warehouse (wow) and the Magic Kingdom. It was very interesting and makes you appreciate all the little touches even more than before. Also the little gifts (yes two gifts!) were lovely. :cloud9:

We decide to spend some time at DTD and grab a MacDonald’s for lunch while we are there. We have a wander around and stop in at Disney’s Days of Christmas. We buy a door hanger, a Mickey and Minnie kissing ornament, a Mickey and Minnie on a sleigh ornament and a disc ornament all from a Victorian looking cream and red range for our tree at home. It’s lovely. We also bought a bauble for our friend’s little ones first Christmas (she loves it). We decide to give Ghirardelli’s a whirl and partake in a two Hot Fudge Sundaes and a diet coke lol. They are delicious and we can’t wait to go back next time. We mean to go back during this trip but never make it.

We’ve caught the shopping bug so decide on shopping at Florida Mall tonight. We have dinner from Mancho Wok (the same again, noodles, garlic honey chicken and something else… - we are creatures of habit) from the Food Court. Grumpy buys a pair of K-Swiss trainers from Footaction and we stop off at Wal*mart on the way home for some supplies and scrap booking items of course lol.

Then it’s back to POR, and I can’t say for sure but I think there was carrot cake for me and choc chip ice cream for Grumpy and some American TV. :lmao:

Sorry no photos today. :eek:

Kxx

Great reports. I agree, you can definitely never have enough handbags! The Yuletide Fantasy tour sounds magical, I would love to try that.

Laur's princess:

Some more lovely days. I think I will do the behind the scenes Christmas tour when I go in 2009.

Then it’s back to POR, and I can’t say for sure but I think there was carrot cake for me and choc chip ice cream for Grumpy and some American TV. :lmao:
Is this starting to become a habit? :rotfl2:

Any photos from your photo shoot? I'd love to see them as we're considering doing it in August :goodvibes

Congratulations on your wedding
loving your report and photos
looking forward to hearing more

Laur - too true - handbags in lots of different shapes/sizes/colours are a must lol

jjk - thank you for reading and for your lovely comment :goodvibes

Chilly - thanks Chilly - the tour was great :thumbsup2

natalie - lol I'm a bit of a shopoholic :upsidedow

DisneyJo - lol a habit that had us rolling on to the plane!! :rotfl:

jns - thank you - more coming noo... :goodvibes

Kxx

Tuesday 11th December

Today we have a Disney Honeymoon Photo Session at the Magic Kingdom. We arrive at MK and pop over to the Town Hall to let them know that we are here. Around 5 minutes later our photographer, Ty arrives. I’m not sure if you can request a photographer for the honeymoon shoots but if you can I’d recommend Ty – he was great and put us right at ease while being photographed in the park. We got our photo taken with the Mayor and with Dick Van Dykes character from Mary Poppins and then some photos inside a little bit either in or near the Town Square Exposition Hall with lots of little wooden scenes all setup such as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and 101 Dalmatians. Then we had some photos taken on Main Street and in front of the Castle. We were allowed into a gated piece of grass to get some really nice shots with the Castle in the background. A few more shots and then we were done. I’d made Grumpy pull on the Groom ears near the end of the photo shoot so he was in a rush to get them off after the shoot lol

We nip back to the Town Square Exposition Hall as we’d seen some lovely photo frames as we’d passed through with Ty. We buy Tink frames and character signatures for scrapbooking and two lovely picture frames.

We have a quick bite to eat back at POR and head off to MGM for the afternoon. We were going specifically for Lights, Motors, Action and the Backlot tour

lights.jpg

but we also managed Journey into Narnia,

narnia.jpg

Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream,

onemansdream.jpg

The Great Movie Ride,

movie-ride.jpg

Star Tours, and the Parade.

mgm-parade.jpg

mgm-parade2.jpg

buzz.jpg

We do a little shopping at Mickey’s of Hollywood and buy a clapperboard and two other things that I can’t work out what they are from the receipt! lol

That night we head back up the I-Drive to the Samsonite Store for another holdall and padlock (the pile just keeps getting bigger!) and we have dinner at Bahama Breeze – yummee.

Then it’s back to POR, and I can’t say for sure but I think there was carrot cake for me and choc chip ice cream for Grumpy and some American TV.

Another great day. The photo session sounds really good, and a lovely way to commemorate your honeymoon. I like the look of the Studios Christmas parade, hope I will get to see it one day!

Laur's princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter