Golden Mickeys Question - Bob Iger?

stuffandfluff

Mouseketeer
Hello!
I've been reading the DisBoards for about a year now, but this is my first time posting, and for kind of a silly reason!
My mom and I are going on our first cruise in a few months (yay!!) and we've been watching some of the pre-recorded shows on YouTube to get excited. When we watched the Golden Mickeys, we were SO excited to see Bob Iger make a surprise appearance!
But we were curious - is Bob Iger still a part of the show, or has he been replaced in recent years? We've been doing some research, and I saw some videos with Whoopi Goldberg, but those seemed like older recordings. My mom LOVES Bob Iger, so we are definitely interested to know if he's still around!

(Also, if anyone knows, is the Bob Iger sign still up at Castaway Cay? We would love to see it!)

Thanks so much!

His appearance is an old recording. He has had no real involvement with Disney once Chapek took over.

It was Bob Iger last week on the Wonder in the Golden Mickeys.

Yes, same with the Wonder Hawaii cruise in May. Curious, on our cruise they did not do the whole red carpet pre show with interviewing the kids entering the theatre. I really miss that part as it was always cute to see the kids' responses. Did it come back for your cruise?

MJ

It was Bob on the Dream last week, too. Everyone sort of chuckled. I think it's cute that he's still in the show. I think if it got changed to Chapek, there would be boos! And yep, the sign is still at CC.

There were no red carpet interviews. I imagine they don't want germs all over the mic. They'd have to switch out that little mic diaper between every kid.

Would this show be entertaining for a 4 and 6 year old? How long it is? TIA

It was Bob on the Dream last week, too. Everyone sort of chuckled. I think it's cute that he's still in the show. I think if it got changed to Chapek, there would be boos! And yep, the sign is still at CC.

There were no red carpet interviews. I imagine they don't want germs all over the mic. They'd have to switch out that little mic diaper between every kid.
Awesome! Right - its so nice he's still there! We figured that a replacement to Chapek might not go over so well, haha! Thank you!

Would this show be entertaining for a 4 and 6 year old? How long it is? TIA

The show is about an hour long. The storyline features a crew member who has to host an award show unexpectedly and doesn't think she can. Characters from various Disney movies and shows help her to get her confidence. There are lots of characters and songs. If your kids enjoy watching Disney movies, they would probably enjoy the show.

Rather see IGER…don’t know if I will go to show when they change it

I don't think Chapek would want to play. He's bowed out of a couple of public appearances because we was (probably rightly) afraid of the audience's reaction. I'm happy to leave it Bob Iger, but they'll probably find someone else inspirational to encourage Ensign Benson.

Bob Chapek "Master Ship Builder" sign on the Castaway Cay Pump House

Attachments

• Bob Chapek Pump House at Castaway Cay.jpg
    Bob Chapek Pump House at Castaway Cay.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 22

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter