going to disney&uni again! Sep 2011

Are guinea pigs bad for people with allergies?

If we were to get a pet any time soon (not before this big trip though) we're pretty much down to guinea pig or a rat (my oldest friend had a rat and it was a very nice pet). But allergies are a concern for me, so maybe you know!

Sure, i could google, but why do that when I have friends?

Bummer for my sister...she sprained her ankle quite badly at practice, and won't be able to compete this weekend! :( She's still going, but man what a bummer. She's the "flyer" (the one they throw in the air) but she finally got the height that was coming to her (dad 6'2" mom 5'11") so that time was coming to an end after this year most likely, and now she can't really finish out the year. :(

The major allergy issue with the pigs is the hay. As long as you brush your pig it should be okay. They make great pets because they love to be held and are not nocturnal. Scotty used to have rats as a teenager and he loved them. He says that you have to get two or three rats because the are social creatures and need companionship. He says males smell, they make great pets but they do stink. He also says that females you need three because they get along better that way.

I am a fan of pigs, but allergy wise rats are better. Both are better than hamsters because no matter how cute a hamster is it sleeps during the day when a child wants to play with them and they can bite through chalk.

Scotty had rats that would ride with him on his motorcycle. He loved them and always tells me what great pets they were. Scotty says if you are getting rats that should get them from a specialized rat rescue. They pair them with companions that are good for them. Plus they are socialized and they will be able to help you to learn what you need to know.

Ooh, forgot about the stuff you have to have *with* animals like that.

I still have a hard time smelling cedar b/c of the hamsters I had as a child...of course, if I hadn't let their cages get so dirty before cleaning them maybe I wouldn't have the ammonia=cedar=ammonia connection...:headache:

3 rats? Oh dear, now we're getting into more animals than I want, LOL. Of course if it's best for them ya gotta do it.

Maybe I should just get a little poodle (or maltese; a VERY allergic friend, I mean allergic to the extreme I don't know how she even eats person, has a maltese and has no problems with her) afterall. :3dglasses

The most wonderful thing to happen for people that have pets in cages is the paper litter. It doesn't get the odor that the cedar does. It is the only letter we use. It is made with recycled paper so it good for the enviroment. The good/bad thing about a dog is you have to walk them no matter what the wather is. And they bark.

Silly dogs that bark and need to go out. :) We have a neighbor little poodle, and she barks when she goes out. We heard her bark at around 11pm the other night and thought "wow, she's going out now?" because it's unusual for her to go out that late!

I would probably be far less stressed out right now if I were actually PACKING for the reunion!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know right? Dogs are silly. I love our German Shepherd is more like a cat, she gets down and crawls to visit with the cats or smaller dogs.

The reunion should be fun for you.

makes the food not only unique to the location, but "a terrific compliment to the theme of the area."

Very nice. :)

Must feel weird for them, to constantly go back and forth...different foods, same foods, no, different foods again!

And the best sweet potato fries I've had are served *with* potato fries, so you don't get bored of the sweet. Kinda hope they'll go that direction.

Alas, it's very unlikely we'll be getting into a paid area of Disneyland...probably just DTD (so I'm taking E's LEGO vip card). But who knows, maybe stepmom will take pity on me. :)

Not looking forward to this early morning flight!

And it's both going to be NICE to get away from the constant thinking about WDW, but also difficult for me....

A DTD visit can be a lot of fun too! You can visit the WoD store and check out all the cool fun stuff. And Marcelines for the candy! Oh and there is that new cupcake shop down by ESPN Zone that I think may be okay for E if I remember rightly. Have fun!!

sitting @ anabella. Not going to park. Y? Because e got the stomach bug that hit the fam reunion and he's still hot (should have gone home yesterday but canceled our flight). Going to my brother's instead to recuperate without spending $200 per night.

Dangit though. We even had the one-day e-tickets bought, but @ 2am with a planned early wakeup the plans changed when the bug hit him!

can't believe I'm right next to disneyland and can't go in...

Oh Molly how disappointing for you both. I hope E feels better.

He's starting too, but has barely eaten in 3 days. If he wasn't drinking and peeing I'd have been VERY worried today. But around 3pm he suddenly sat up and said he was feeling better. :) Of course, not eating makes ya dizzy and he's dealing with that, but I think he's on the mend. And it turns out I'm glad I'm not sitting at Anabella with Screamin' taunting us (you can see the top of the "tube" while walking to the lobby from the Carmel building, and you can hear it).... Glad I have a nice brother.

Oh wow Molly that is a bad virus or flu. Poor E and poor you. I am glad you have your brothers house to go stay at. I think that it would awful to be so close to Disneyland yet be so far away.

Yeah, I'm glad we're here. I balked, wanting to stay there just in case he got well enough, but I shouldn't have balked. Too hard to be so close. :(

Yeah, I'm glad we're here. I balked, wanting to stay there just in case he got well enough, but I shouldn't have balked. Too hard to be so close. :(

And I am sure like most kids he would have told you he felt good because he would think that was what you wanted. I am glad you were able to go your brothers rather than to have to go all the way home with E being so sick.

He was so funny...couldn't even walk to the lobby without two breaks, but would look up at Screamin' and say he could totally go to the park...

A very nice woman (from Canada) chatted with us in the laundry room, and later brought me a case of water from Target. SO sweet. I had the rental car, but just walking to the laundry room required a 10 minute break (and we weren't far away) so going back out to the store (I'd forgotten water) wasn't going to happen.

today he was able to play a bit of catch, then played at the playground for about 20 minutes (before he just started sitting and lying on things). So his energy is coming back slowly. He's SO skinny, though.....

Ugh, it is so hard, isn't it? My DS is just having his first "feeling good and eating food again" day after not eating anything since lunch on Monday. And now that he is feeling better, DD has strep! It must be really awful being sick away from home though. :( I'm glad E is on the mend.

Ugh, poor guy...since Monday! That's a long time. E's appetite still isn't up to normal, and his mood is just nasty b/c his body is hungry. He's like a dieter right now with the nasty attitude, but he just cannot eat more than he is eating. Keeps telling me "my stomach is only *this* big!" and he puts up his fist.

I'm so distanced from the Sept trip I keep forgetting that I made ADRs! Wait, did I? Yeah, I think so. Did I make them all? Hmm, best go check.

Aw what a trooper. I can just hear him.

Now it is poor Molly time because as he is feeling better because he feels froggy enough to fight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter