• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

going to disney&uni again! Sep 2011

It is wonderful to have them be able to cook. And Kacy is a good cook, she can cook any recipe you give her. Loren is funny. He started watching the Food Network and he thought he could experiment in the kitchen like the chefs do. I had to stop that one. And Kody although she doesn't usually cook she is the best at blind seasoning. She can go into the kitchen and season a tomato based sauce with her eyes closed. It is great fun to have them in the kitchen.

OK well I'll be over for dinner someday. :)

Totally forgot that I want a lunch at San Angel, because it's like Blue Bayou! Dagnabit! Where to squeeze that in?

Poor Robert, he'll be landing soon...it'll be the proper morning for him, but it'll be midnight to his body! I knew I should have booked him a hotel for today so it would be waiting for him... Hopefully they'll have a room for him early.

Anytime Molly.:goodvibes

Poor Robert. I can remember my dad telling me how hard it was to travel to different time zones like that. It can be rough.

Molly,

Thanks for the advice. I checked out the Swan and Dolphin and some of the hotels in DTD, but the houses sound super nice. I don't mind driving, DH and I love to explore around the areas where we stay. We usually yelp some food places to try out and we like to be able to at least make/have breakfast available. I love having a fridge for leftovers or snacks or whatever. A townhouse might just work. I don't need to charge to my room and I've read mixed reviews about EMH so I don't know whether I need them or not. :confused3

I love the philosophical idea of parents needing to be in love and romantic and all of that. I believe it, too. It helps us stay connected and helps us love our kids more. :hug: Having some weekends or vacations just the two of us has been great. We weren't good at it until just a few years ago and now we can't seem to stop ourselves from planning time away. :rolleyes1

Anytime Molly.:goodvibes

Poor Robert. I can remember my dad telling me how hard it was to travel to different time zones like that. It can be rough.

He actually managed to get into his room (at like 9am!) and started work immediately. One of his co-workers took a 2 hour nap and managed to mis-read something entirely...so...napping is bad? (I always had a feeling that was true, LOL....avowed non-napper (except when pregnant, with a newborn, or, interestingly, in college) here, it always makes me feel so much worse when I wake up.)

But I digress.

I'm supposed to make hotel arrangements for him for the 20th in a new city, but I don't know what train station he's getting into! :headache:

Molly,

Thanks for the advice. I checked out the Swan and Dolphin and some of the hotels in DTD, but the houses sound super nice. I don't mind driving, DH and I love to explore around the areas where we stay. We usually yelp some food places to try out and we like to be able to at least make/have breakfast available. I love having a fridge for leftovers or snacks or whatever. A townhouse might just work. I don't need to charge to my room and I've read mixed reviews about EMH so I don't know whether I need them or not. :confused3

I love the philosophical idea of parents needing to be in love and romantic and all of that. I believe it, too. It helps us stay connected and helps us love our kids more. :hug: Having some weekends or vacations just the two of us has been great. We weren't good at it until just a few years ago and now we can't seem to stop ourselves from planning time away. :rolleyes1

Oh I totally want to stay at the Swan/Dolphin someday. But I like Westin/Sheraton properties (beds, mmmm). I think they, and some of the DTD hotels (or maybe just one? The Hilton comes to mind and that's all), come with EMH, so if you decide to try it out it's probably available.

But most touring plan type people tell you to stay away from EMH; it's not like Disneyland's MM where you WANT to go b/c it's so helpful. EMH is good, but typically only if you have hoppers and can hop OUT of that park once the crowds start to build up after the EMH in the morning.

I think we're going to try an evening EMH during this trip; Robert REALLY wanted to stay at Magic Kingdom until midnight or later during our December trip, but it just didn't work out. It might be solo it might be full-family, or maybe we'll take my aunt up on her babysitting offers and have a date night along with cousin+hubby. (that would be super-fun!)

If we had trustworthy people who lived nearby I'm sure we would have had more dates just us...but we've adapated fairly well to dealing without datey dinners out etc.

Anyway, keep on working out what you want in your vacation and talk it out!

Shameless brag. E's ballet class was yesterday, and I had to tell Miss Z that E wouldn't be at the snow day makeup class next week, since we'll be out of state. I offered to PAY her for her time, to help E out in an extra session. She said that she's not worried about him, that he picks things up easily, and that he's a "natural". Wowie! How nice was that!? (and she turned down extra money! wild!) So that was nice to hear. :lovestruc

And then he was so exhausted (ballet, an hour of play while I FINALLY worked out on the elliptical again, then an hour of Aikido) that he slept in his own bed for the whole night (with just one wakeup) for the second time! I woke up in the morning and was so confused. :3dglasses

You know I have a terrible time with napping. I wake up more tired than I was to begin with. It is a rare time that I feel refreshed after my nap.

You know I have a terrible time with napping. I wake up more tired than I was to begin with. It is a rare time that I feel refreshed after my nap.

Sounds like me. I can't nap. I wake up feeling sick, confused, and more tired, yet I will be unable to fall asleep that night. It sets off a vicious cycle of tired>nap>insomnia>tired>nap.... I've had to cut naps out of my life.

Sounds like me. I can't nap. I wake up feeling sick, confused, and more tired, yet I will be unable to fall asleep that night. It sets off a vicious cycle of tired>nap>insomnia>tired>nap.... I've had to cut naps out of my life.

That's me to a T.

So glad to find fellow non-nappers. :)

It's actually one of the ways we figured out SO early that I was pregnant with Eamon; I was napping! And falling asleep at 8pm. And missing the midnight chocolate buffet on the cruise. (I still regret that one)

Oh a midnight chocolate buffet sounds amazing.

Doesn't it? I planned for that thing for a year. And then I slept through it. And Robert's pictures were blurry.

And...they had the line for viewing at one time. Then you leave the room, get in another line, and later they open it up for eating.

Robert came back to the room after he took pictures to try to wake me up. He was unsuccessful. He went and gambled a bit (and won). Then got to the buffet LATE, so missed out on the chocolate covered strawberries, which he was ORDERED to get me!

So the next day in Skagway he took his winnings and bought me a bracelet to try to make it up to me....did not work! (he certainly wasn't supposed to be gambling! we had such a low salary then and gambling=throwing away money which is FINE if you have it to throw away but we didn't! so even though he won, he still was in the newly married doghouse LOL)

Anyway, someday we'll go on another RCCL cruise and I'll stay up and see the chocolate buffet.

E and I were just watching the 2005 planning DVD, and he listed allll these WDW things he wants to do. I told him there's no time, especally if we're going to Universal.

He said he doesn't want to go to Universal, except for maybe ONE day, he wants to spend the whole time at WDW!

Back to the drawing board....

Oh wow. E wants to have his say. That is that Disney upbringing.:goodvibes

Well he does get to have his opinions! :)

Robert tempers it, though. Says that E doesn't know what he's talking about, and if we went without seeing HP or having a Butterbeer we'd have a crying kid (and husband) on the plane home.

So I nearly cry while planning so as to avoid the guys crying on vacation! OK I exaggerate tremendously. :) But I do earn my keep by planning these trips, LOL!

I am betting that no matter what you plan they will both be thrilled. I love the planning part. I had the devil of a time not actually planning more on my last trip. And ironically I made all the meal plans and we only kept one of them and that was to Cafe Orleans.

I don't know if you have heard but Disneyland is making changes in the eating places menus. They are going away from the usual amusement park menus. Like for instance they have totally changed the menu at the eatery in Fantasyland that the name escapes me. And at the Hungry Bear. The Hungry Bear is the one that interests me the most, the only real change I heard about so far is a fried green tomato sandwich.

Aw damn, my brother's cat died today. :( She was rather old and had this funky tumor in her ear canal...she was lucky enough to have owners with the money to pay for radiation treatments which helped her get around 9 more months here, but finally she just got too sick. Dagnabit.

She's another link to my mom, gone...she knew my mom, she was the amazing non-allergenic cat that even my mom could be in a house with. She found my brother and sis in law when they were newly married in their first house, she could follow commands and was pretty much the smartest cat I've ever known (my brother has a knack for getting smart cats, the outdoor one that adopted us and became "his" was really smart too...he might be the Cat Whisperer)...and I'm so sad.

Oh Molly, I am so sorry to hear this. I know what it is like to lose a pet like that. It isn't just losing a pet it is losing a member of the family. A few weeks ago my bird died and the girls guinea pig died. It was a rough week.:hug:

Yeah, Ella Pigarella for years. We had adopted her when Kacy was in the 7th grade and she was 5 at the time. And Kacy is a senior now. She would talk to me whenever I was near her cage. I would sing and she would sing along. :hug:

We still have one guinea pig he is Popcorn who we adopted from a preschool, several feral cats I feed, and a beautiful German Shepherd so we are far from being petless.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter