going to disney&uni again! Sep 2011

Something I discovered while feeding my caffeine addiction in a household that doesn't normally have coffee... Starbucks makes an *iced* coffee Via product...and it's fairly decent.

He's definitely feeling better, though he has some weight to gain back! In the meantime, he gained *height*, so he looks pretty drastically skinny right now!

I am not much of a coffee drinker. I will drink an occasional cup but my caffeine normally is the carbonated type.

Time to make all those fun foods like beans and such that are full of carbs.

Mmm, Mexican food... (beans, tortillas, etc)

Trying to figure out if we can put Ohana dinner into our plans. The incredible chef isn't there anymore, so there won't be astonishing veggie foods made for us, but the normal chefs still make tasty veggie stuff. However, Eamon looked at pictures and said he wouldn't touch the stuff (he's not overboard with food not touching, but he also isn't a huge fan of lots of different things mixed, and I don't make a fuss over it, having dealt with Food Wars (that made no difference whatsoever) with all of my younger sibs).

So...maybe it would be an evening we toss him in the brig (not sure why I keep thinking of that phrase when I mean "pay for him to be at one of the kid-watching clubs which he would THOROUGHLY enjoy"). And since it's at Poly, maybe he could hang at their kid-club, then Robert and I could have a Lapu Lapu and watch fireworks from the beach. That might be nice.

I want to see if the family wants to do another sit-down meal together, but when I did that last time, they told me they'd pay for it out of thanks. But then I saw the face on my cousin when presented with the bill for 8 at Crystal Palace, and I hated that look! I do NOT want to be the cause of that again... But there's not enough time for all the table service meals we want during the no-family time.... Got spoiled with that 3 week vacay, making it difficult...

Oh but wait, if we're doing a dinner we could go during Universal time...hmm.

Don't forget the rice for the burrito too. We love rice on ours. When I make the ingredients for our build your own burrito night has to be amongst them.

Oh great, Robert seems to have gotten some tummy bug. Can't have been what E had, but it seems to be sweeping the nation... Gotta go pick him up in Seattle so he doesn't have to be on the train while being sick.

Haven't gotten it yet, knock wood.

Alas I seem to be allergic to the universe right now, and have been sneezing so hard I feel like I'm about to crack ribs!

Robert asked earlier..."so, do we really already have our flights done?"

"Yes, all done, to and from."

He was so happy and impressed. :)

Oh the allergies are going nuts around here because the weather keeps changing. We had sleet on Thursday. Strange stuff.

I am glad to hear that you have been spared the stomach thing.

Sleet????? Wild.

So while doing taxes I needed a file from the old computer (the beery one), and since it would turn on, we went looking for the file. The problem with the computer is that it said it couldn't find the Airport (aka wireless thingie) and the keyboard was being very naughty.

Well, after I turned on the computer, it...connected to the internet! And the keyboard was normal.

What?????

Zombie Computer? Vampire computer? (it sure does suck my time and brains LOL)

Mystifying.... And now I have to get used to it again, just as I was getting used to Robert's PC and/or the idea of finding my very OWN computer (this is mine but I didn't set out to get it or buy it...it was included with a year lease at our old apartment). oh well!

Attack of the Zombie Computer!:goodvibes

I hate taxes. Ours have been done since January, Scotty's W-2 was accessible online and I took advantage and armed with all my info our taxes were. done.

I don't know why we waited, but I'm just glad I remembered! :)

Eamon, who barely ate for a week, has now had more meals TODAY than he had in the last 2 weeks. I might be exaggerating, but it's not by much!

he started with a yogurt, then had hummus and chips (this is before 9:30am), then had some fruit, then a bagel, then cottage cheese, more fruit...then some trail mix, then we made a pizza (using the dough from Trader Joe's), he had something like 3 pieces, then immediately went back into the fridge to stick his head in! While we were away, even while ill, he grew about 1/4 inch. What is THIS going to do to his growth rate????

We're frightened for our wallets, frankly. And a little worried that he got a tapeworm, LOL. (why can't *I* get a tapeworm, just to help me lose some weight? then I'll take care of it, I promise, universe!)

Molly, my first thought was growth spurt. Then I read more and I think he is making up for the loss of calories during the last growth spurt at least I hope so.:goodvibes I feed three teenagers and a husband that on any given day burn 5,000 on his bike and then replaces them. I consider my food budget my own personal national debt.:rotfl:

I'm terrified of his teenage years. :)

The other part of it is that he finally has his full load of YMCA classes. So he did two swim classes (one each Tues and Thurs), and on Friday he did 40 minutes of ballet, then he played for an hour, then an hour of Aikido, then on Saturday he did an hour of gymnastics. That's a LOT of activity considering the last 2 weeks!

That is a lot of activity after he was so sick and didn't eat. He needs to rebuild those calories he lost.

My DS has been making up for lost time as well. Friday morning he ate 3 bowls of granola and strawberries, then an hour later he ate a slice of pizza that was at least 15 inches long (think giant NY style pizza slices). Scary.

Molly, I don't know whether this is a good deal, nor do I fully understand the details, but I thought I'd pass this along in case it is helpful to you. 3 day Universal pass for $87.

Glad to know I'm not alone in watching my relatively small kid consume quantities of food that would be too much for me! :)

That is a very interesting promo, thank you for sharing it with me!

Oooooh! Universal just plopped down their AP rates for the hotels, and even with an upgrade it would still save us nearly $100. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter