going to disney&uni again! Sep 2011

Today as I went through our Friday of 4pm Ballet then working out (while E played) until his 6:30 Aikido, my brother sent me a picture of his full growler of Karl Strauss beer (walking distance from their brewpub) sitting on their new small table near their new outdoor furniture on the balcony of their new condo in downtown San Diego. Where they were sitting, watching the world go by, watching the planes take off and land, and just relaxing....

Bah!

On the other hand, I worked out for an hour today and 25 minutes yesterday, so that's good!

Nothing like a good workout to make you feel better. Most of the times it works for me.

Although that being said I would love to trade place with your brother and sister in law. That sounds wonderful to me.

Cleaned the heck out of the condo yesterday, in honor of Robert's friend who was going to come visit. Alas he had a friend's going away party in the afternoon and ended up over-indulging there, so canceled on us officially at 8:30pm. Robert and I can easily deal with that...but Eamon was VERY excited to see him, and was way bummed.

On the up side, we have a sparkly house!

And now, disney-related, I'm trying to get motivation to finish my Disneyland/DCA scrapbook! It isn't a picture thing, just a keepsake/thoughts thing, and seems to require more imagination and creativity than I have... Ugh.

Poor E. It's hard when kids get let down and you can't prevent it.

The book sounds fun. I am really bad about those things. I have a scrapbook I am making for my little nephew that I took all the pictures of Duffy for. I just haven'y found the motivation to actually put it together.

I just had to read through my May 2009 trip report for the journal. I used to be so amusing! What happened to me...sigh.

That's the trip when we were dealing with impending job loss then job offer, as well as the diagnosis of Robert's pituitary tumor...yowza. When Robert and Eamon get home (visiting my MIL and fixing her VCR) I'm giving him a big hug for how dang brave he was during that time. I don't know how he kept going; I don't know how he didn't ask me to get a couple jobs while he hid under the bed for a year or so...

Anyway, now I have my little notes for this part of the journal, so, back to the table for me! Michele, finish the Duffy-book! :goodvibes

R did go through a real tough period there.

I am going to sit down with it tomorrow. That way Peanut can sit and "read" it to his Duffy.

:goodvibesHi Molly,
I had read your TR from Christmas, I think I missed the last day or 2. I just now came upon your PTR, I'll have to go back and get caught up. Just wanted to say HI!

And HI from me, too. :wave2: I've stayed caught up - but have only really had time to read a little. I haven't had time to comment.

Me, DS 14, DS 9, and DS 6 just got back from my parent's new house in Liberty Lake, WA (just East of Spokane) and then having birthday fun with DS 9. His birthday always seems to fall during our Spring break, so we always put off the friend birthday party until the following week - which means sometime this Fri. or Sat. We certainly know how to stretch out birthday celebrations at our house! :rolleyes1

Now, I am home and can maybe comment once in a while - I hope! :flower3:

Thanks, I'll look into it!

Shannon I didn't even know there was an 'east of spokane' LOL. (I'm so western-centric about the state isn't that sad? then again, I'm allergic to the whole middle, so it's hard for me to GET to the other side!)

I have one 1-day, one 2-day, and then my b'day trip, all from '09, and then I'm DONE with the scrapbook until we go again. How happy will that make me????

Molly, there is less than 12 hours on it left so you are gonna want to check it soon.

You are doing better than I am. Although I did do one thing. I have decided that instead of going to Disneyland in 2012 for our 20th anniversary I have decided that I would like for us to go to Orlando!! I am getting my WDW planning book later at Barnes and Noble!!

Oh drattypants, saw your warning too late.

Yes, I said drattypants.

I finished the one-day and the two-day. Woo! Today gotta work on my birthday trip. And then finito!

Unless you have my brain and know that once that is finished, it means you get to work on the wedding-planning scrapbook, and after that you get to do the honeymoon scrapbook (thankfully I have pages and books for them already!) and after that the WDW stuff....

And then you faint and crawl into a corner and avoid finishing the DLR s'book for longer....

I'm so excited about your trip! You probably aren't crazy enough to start a pre-trip journal yet, but if you do, let me know! (and feel free to talk your face off about it here, if you don't start a pre-trip journal/report)

I'm so excited about your trip! You probably aren't crazy enough to start a pre-trip journal yet, but if you do, let me know! (and feel free to talk your face off about it here, if you don't start a pre-trip journal/report)

Thank you Molly.

I am kind of overwhelmed. I did figure out dates, well at least the starting date but the where to stay I am flummoxed. There is so much more to WDW or it at least feels that way to me.

Well, feel free to bounce ideas around. Where to stay is important, but of course you can always change your mind. :) So start with budget, or the feel of a place, or being close to a certain park, etc etc...

What planning book did you get?

I got Birnbaum's book. I figured it was a good start because it has pictures. Yes, I need a visual.

As far as where I want to stay I have to tell you that I think I like the moderate to deluxe places the best. And some of the moderates the rooms seem so small to me in the pictures I have seen. Now with two of us we don't need a lot of space but I don't want to be cramped at all.

I kind of like the Contemporary but it seems rather expensive. And I really want to go to Universal too, I was wondering how far is it from WDW?

Universal isn't that far away in miles, but it can talk around half an hour to drive there, unless you go during rush hour. If you won't have a car, Mears has a shuttle for not too much.

Ooh, Contemporary.... Well, when you're on disneyworld.com, be sure to click on anything that looks like a link to "special offers". Some have gotten 40% discounts on Deluxe hotels!

I have a yearning to visit Coronado Springs resort, a moderate. They have queen sized beds, vs the doubles at Caribbean Beach. And it just looks pretty.

Remember that you can wander the grounds anywhere (except for pools)...use hammocks (Poly and Carib Beach have hammocks...maybe more), hang on the beach (the beach at Grand Floridian is lovely), etc... Then go on back to your own resort when you're done exploring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter