Future Trends for VGC resale?

With vdh only 25% sold, wonder the timing of a Pixar tower dvc. If they offer a private entry to the new expansion like vgc has, it may get interesting

With vdh only 25% sold, wonder the timing of a Pixar tower dvc. If they offer a private entry to the new expansion like vgc has, it may get interesting
The existing hotel will never be a DVC project; Disney doesn’t own the land underneath it and even if they bought it, they signed an agreement with the city that it wouldn’t be a timeshare property for 20 years. It’s also a terrible candidate for timeshare conversion due to its concrete construction and small rooms.

Now as to the parking lot next door…

Kind of off topic-ish.

I want 50ish VGC points in my current use year. Do you guys think one will ever pop up or am I going to have to consider a different UY??

I don't really "need" the points until trips starting in 2026. So I can definitely wait a while. But I worry about nothing ever showing up. Or the prices raising a crazy amount.
The one advantage to Direct - they can give you Any Use Year. They can make a 150 point March into a 75 point Oct and three 25 point of other UYs etc. I would just set a drop dead resale shopping time (ie, before you miss out on current year points?) then go direct if they have them. They DO occasionally have them, just seems the random grab of whichever Guide see them first.

One weird point, if they make a price or policy change where you'd wish you'd been grandfathered in, waiting a couple years for a deal won't seem like a smart move. Sorry, not to add more FOMO (eyeroll).

Build new tower. Not conversion. Anaheim during all those.marathon meetings kept emphasizing the number of more rooms and tot deal.made with the timeshare vdh dvc as a model.
The existing hotel will never be a DVC project; Disney doesn’t own the land underneath it and even if they bought it, they signed an agreement with the city that it wouldn’t be a timeshare property for 20 years. It’s also a terrible candidate for timeshare conversion due to its concrete construction and small rooms.

Now as to the parking lot next door…

Build new tower. Not conversion. Anaheim during all those.marathon meetings kept emphasizing the number of more rooms and tot deal.made with the timeshare vdh dvc as a model.
Is there somewhere they can stick a tower on the east side of Disneyland? Like maybe in the loading area of autopia and then they could move the track to board over by it’s a small world? Surely I’m not the only person who wants a view of the castle and a direct exit to Tomorrowland. 💸💸💸

Is there somewhere they can stick a tower on the east side of Disneyland? Like maybe in the loading area of autopia and then they could move the track to board over by it’s a small world? Surely I’m not the only person who wants a view of the castle and a direct exit to Tomorrowland. 💸💸💸
Hmm, a tower with a BLT type theme? I like it, but i definitely do not think it would happen. lol
I’m certain there will be a new DVC near the Toy Story lot though, and the theme could be amazing depending on what the 3rd gate park theme is.

Hmm, a tower with a BLT type theme? I like it, but i definitely do not think it would happen. lol
I’m certain there will be a new DVC near the Toy Story lot though, and the theme could be amazing depending on what the 3rd gate park theme is.
Near the Toy Story Lot? 😭

That is even further from the existing parks unless they somehow tunnel under Harbor AND Katella to spit you out into Radiator Springs or Avengers HQ. No idea how they’d make a “Disney bubble” without tunnels or walkways—though I would 100% be in favor of bringing back the people mover as a monorail alternative that whisks people from a resort to the middle of a park. If they announce the next DVC property is southwest of DCA, I fear that VGC will get even more expensive.

I thought 3rd gate idea was mostly dead and they were planning to expand both parks west (Toy Story lot is east and across two of the most significant roads in Anaheim.

Near the Toy Story Lot? 😭

That is even further from the existing parks unless they somehow tunnel under Harbor AND Katella to spit you out into Radiator Springs or Avengers HQ. No idea how they’d make a “Disney bubble” without tunnels or walkways—though I would 100% be in favor of bringing back the people mover as a monorail alternative that whisks people from a resort to the middle of a park. If they announce the next DVC property is southwest of DCA, I fear that VGC will get even more expensive.
No, I thought you were saying in the expansion by Tomorrowland. I was thinking like behind Space Mountain, it would be across from the Hollywood backlot expansion (into the entry walkway and bus zone, green area). It would never fly there, I’m just saying it would be cool. :)
1716735055038.png

I thought 3rd gate idea was mostly dead and they were planning to expand both parks west (Toy Story lot is east and across two of the most significant roads in Anaheim.
Correct, the “expansion” is west of both parks.
3rd gate is definitely going to be Toy Story lot. South-East of DL.

No, I thought you were saying in the expansion by Tomorrowland. I was thinking like behind Space Mountain, it would be across from the Hollywood backlot expansion. It would never fly there, I’m just saying it would be cool. :)

Correct, the “expansion” is west of both parks.
3rd gate is definitely going to be Toy Story lot. South-East of DL.
Doubtful 3rd gage. More likely Disney springs west coast....but never know!

You think Disney Springs would be a good idea right next to a failing outdoor mall (GardenWalk) that you’d have to walk past to get to?
It’s gonna be a 3rd gate. Disney would be crazy to give up that amount of land (which you can’t get in Anaheim) for shopping, & not another park.

Isn’t Downtown Disney a more conveniently situated version of Disney Springs? I’ve never made it to Disney Springs in 10+ trips to Disney World, but that was my assumption.

It would be weird to have both downtown Disney and Disney Springs… but I could imagine they might use that area to relocate some of the shopping if DTD area is turned into theme park expansion area… but my assumption has been that the toy story lot would become the new giant parking structure, and all of the existing parking would be turned into theme park land eventually.

Isn’t Downtown Disney a more conveniently situated version of Disney Springs? I’ve never made it to Disney Springs in 10+ trips to Disney World, but that was my assumption.

It would be weird to have both downtown Disney and Disney Springs… but I could imagine they might use that area to relocate some of the shopping if DTD area is turned into theme park expansion area… but my assumption has been that the toy story lot would become the new giant parking structure, and all of the existing parking would be turned into theme park land eventually.
Cast Member parking on the east side is going to be huge parking structure between harbor and i5. It's poised to take all northbound i5 traffic while.mickeys take the i5 southbound

Yeah I think if Disney could do it over again from scratch, DTD would be elsewhere. That DTD land west of Disneyland Drive seems likely to be slowly absorbed into whatever park land pops up there.

Toy Story lot was always my favorite place to park to go to the convention center. Hard to imagine exactly what will go there, as it’s too small for a park and impracticality located for anything else, but I’ll miss the convenient parking!

You think Disney Springs would be a good idea right next to a failing outdoor mall (GardenWalk) that you’d have to walk past to get to?
It’s gonna be a 3rd gate. Disney would be crazy to give up that amount of land (which you can’t get in Anaheim) for shopping, & not another park.

TLDR: Disneyland resort had two development routes to pick: Tokyo Disney Resort or Universal Orlando Resort and they seem to have mimicked the former.

There were several iterations of options bandied about. While the Toy Story lot does contain enough room for a gate in technicality, it would be smaller than current DCA and lack sufficient room for parking structures, hotels, amenities, external shopping and retail.

The Eastern Gateway new parking structure that will be nestled between Disney Way, Harbor and i5 is going to be needed for the current parks themselves. In fact it’s somewhat over-needed for the current parks. It couldn’t also support a third gate on the Toy Story lot. There is a world where garden walk was purchased by Disney, but they’ve turned down several opportunities over the years to buy that.

So that kind of presented them with two options, build a third gate or prioritize freeing up space for Disneyland and DCA major footprint expansions and have space left over for a concentrated resort/retail/dining complex next to the convention center.

Mayyyyybe a small water park with a resort complex and garage could fit I guess. Mayyybee. That’s completely speculative and they’ve made zero indications they want to do that.

But I think the moderate term plan is to continue expanding their current assets and even if they are super aggressive with that, it will occupy them for at least a couple more decades of ample expansion room.

In the far flung distant future if a third gate is extremely desired by the company, a Universal-like scenario where the next complex is more off site makes more sense. Because Toy Story is off site regardless. That would be the Angel stadium complex. That parcel with 50% more room seems minor, but that 50% room provides space for parking, dining, retail and accommodations. If it was their goal, which I don’t think it is.

Cast Member parking on the east side is going to be huge parking structure between harbor and i5. It's poised to take all northbound i5 traffic while.mickeys take the i5 southbound
CM lot will be east of i5 ?? (for northbound traffic?)

as it’s too small for a park
It's like 74 acres.??
DCA started at 55 acres, Knotts is 57 acres. How is 74 possibly too small for a 3rd gate?

1716762677163.png

Latest posts

facebook twitter