Funny Memes

Dark, I know, but it made me laugh because the ONLY people who ever got up or opened doors for me were other women.
I was on a bus in college when there were no seats available. And sadly, not even a pole for me to grab onto, just the over head hand grips. Remember, I am short, 5'1" - I could reach it, but it provided no stability because I was on my tip toes. Men sat all around me, watched me struggle, and not one offered a seat. Of course on a sharp turn, I fell into one of the guys. He asked, "are you drunk?" and that sparked a sharp, "No, I am just short look at me on my tiptoes! I can barely reach it!!" Do you think one of them offered a seat after that?

You'd be incorrect if you you said yes. :sad2:

I was on a bus in college when there were no seats available. And sadly, not even pole for me to grab onto, just the over head hand grips. Remember, I am short, 5'1" - I could reach it, but it provided no stability because I was on my tip toes. Men sat all around me, watched me struggle, and not one offered a seat. Of course on a sharp turn, I fell into one of the guys. He asked, "are you drunk?" and that sparked a sharp, "No, I am just short look at me on my tiptoes! I can barely reach it!!" Do you think one of them offered a seat after that?

You'd be incorrect if you you said yes. :sad2:

I know it's no longer considered necessary or even appropriate to offer a seat to a woman based on gender alone, but I would always offer my seat to anyone who is struggling. A woman juggling a baby and three other things, a much older gentleman - anyone who needs it more than I do really. People are so inconsiderate these days.

Last edited:
I know it's no longer considered necessary or even appropriate to offer a seat to a woman based on gender alone, but I would always offer my seat to anyone who is struggling. A woman juggling a baby and three other things, A much older gentleman - anyone who needs it more than I do really. People are so inconsiderate these days.
Yes! I would never expect anyone to give up their seat for me b/c I was a woman. Even pregnant, I never expected to sit. But, the amount of times ppl ignored me struggling to hold a baby or toddler on the bus & not fall is shocking! Once I was I line for the bus at wdw & a young couple pushed themselves passed me to throw themselves in the last remaining seats on the bus. I made sure to lean on the them every time the bus made a turn while I struggled not to fall holding a 18 mo old.

An elderly man on a bus looking exhausted, I ask him if he wanted to take my seat.
I ended up driving the bus for him the rest of the day.
fDRkDZF.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter