free tickets to Kennedy Space Center

My congressman is Joe Kennedy III, sent him an email requesting Kennedy Space Center tixs for February 14. Fingers crossed.

I didn't even know this was something you could do. I am trying to convince my DH to do a Disney cruise out of Port Canaveral in 2015 for our 20th wedding anniversary. We met at the MK, so doing something Disney is a must for me. Hopefully, if we can do this, it will be something to help convince him since I know he really wants to take the DSs to KSC.

I was all lined up to do this and then the government shut down the week I was down there. Go fig :confused3

So we need to contact them at exactly 6 months prior to our trip? Or can I request tickets sooner? We tried last year but no luck. They were already out of tickets for the year.

I sent a email the last week of August for our tickets in February and the lady got all my information ready so she could submit it Sept1 she said the tickets go very fast. My mother tried the first week of September to get 2 tickets for her and they were already out. :eek:
I just got my official email with my confirmation number and parking pass yesterday :cool1: Any one know if it is possible to change the date by just a few days? My in-laws fly in the day we have tickets for and they wanted to go with us so did not know if it was possible otherwise we will just go without them :sad2:

So we need to contact them at exactly 6 months prior to our trip? Or can I request tickets sooner? We tried last year but no luck. They were already out of tickets for the year.

In my experience it's fine, and a good idea, to contact your representative ahead of time so that they are ready to submit your request at 6 months out. You don't need to be too early because they can't help you right away, but you also don't want to wait until it's too close and your desired date is gone.

I contacted my office about 4 months ahead of the 6 month mark (10 months prior to the trip) and it worked out.

I wanted our tickets for anytime in the winter of 2014 as we will be in Florida for the winter. I emailed my Congressman's office in July and she said for February we would have to put the request in the first of August. She was great and told me that she put it on her callendar to call the Space Center on the 1st. On the first she emailed me that she had put in our request. About 3 days later, she she emailed me to say we were approved and about 30 days prior to our tickets we would receive a confirmation # to take to the will call window at KSC. Last week I received another email from her. It was one she had received from Kennedy Space Center with our confirmation number and our free parking pass.

We are from Delaware and she has really been great helping with our tickets. I can't say enough nice words about how Mary has handled all of this.

I just saw this thread today, and immediately called my Congressman's local office and requested tickets for the Friday before our Feb 22nd cruise. They called me back in about an hour (from the DC office), and said that they were able to secure 4 tickets for my family and that I would be getting a confirmation the first week in Jan.

I just saw this thread today, and immediately called my Congressman's local office and requested tickets for the Friday before our Feb 22nd cruise. They called me back in about an hour (from the DC office), and said that they were able to secure 4 tickets for my family and that I would be getting a confirmation the first week in Jan.

Hoping for similar success. Emailed (no response), snail mailed last week and followed up with phone call today. Person that handles passes out until 1/2. Hopeful she will be able to secure passes for us, too. Can't hurt to try!
Fingers crossed! :shamrock:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter