"Free" Smoothies/Shakes????

nana_b

Earning My Ears
Hi, we will be traveling with 3 kids and I would like to know if smoothies/shakes/kiddy drinks (with cherries, etc) are free at the deck parties or dining room.

I think I read that chocolate milk & pop are free in the dining room & room service but how about smoothies or shakes...

if there is a charge do you know how much they each are.??

thanks so much

Smoothies/Shakes are not a free item. I am not positive, but I think they were $3.50 - $3.75....

Smoothies are unfortunately, not included in the price of the cruise....they run about $3.50 or so plus tax if I can remember correctly.

I have had "shirley temples" (ginger ale with a dash of grenadine) with cherries in the dining room at no charge.

Those are definitely not free but IDK how much they charge for them. Our kids don't know about them. We just take a covered cup with a drink with us for them to the movies.

We allow our DD(soon to be 16) to have 2 a day if she wants, after that she has to pay with her own money. I don't remember how much they are. I just remember she liked to have them in the teen club. :flower:

We just got back and the smoothies were $3.50 plus tax and tip for a bottom line of $4.03. We also took the approach of giving the kids a daily budget which they could use for smoothies if they chose. It worked well for us.

I like how you put free in quotations! My kids have been oohing and aahing about their cruising experience and how all the ice cream was "free and the pop was "free" and the big chocolate chip cookies were "free"! It drives DH up the wall when they say it was "free". He just keeps reminding them that we paid a lot of money before we got on the ship for their "free" treats!

We really liked the cups we got to keep from the sail away party and I think you got a deal if you bought 2 drink instead of just 1!

seakat said:
We also took the approach of giving the kids a daily budget which they could use for smoothies if they chose. It worked well for us.

How did you work the daily budget? If they have to use the KTTW for everything, how did they (and you) keep up with how much they had spent and how much they had left each day? Been trying to figure this out for my own DDs.

it makes me laugh that fruit, milk, and ice cream are all free but when you combine them into a shake they cost $3.50 + gratuity. We all love smoothies and my husband bought me the best gift at walmart this past christmas. He bought me a small blender that will make a reg size smoothie to take on the cruise with us! This way we can have all the stuff delivered to the room and have our own "free" smoothie party!!!

Pop isn't free from room service if I remember right, neither is it in the bars anymore since they have the dispenser on deck 9.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter