Free dining in the fall?

Will you take advantage of free dining this year?

• Yes

Votes: 68 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I definitely think they'll be offering a RO discount as well.
We've already booked at POFQ and I don't want to stay anywhere else. I've heard that it is almost never included in free dining and that's fine, but do you think it might be included in a room discount? Are room discount dates the same as free dining typically?

We've already booked at POFQ and I don't want to stay anywhere else. I've heard that it is almost never included in free dining and that's fine, but do you think it might be included in a room discount? Are room discount dates the same as free dining typically?

You're correct, POFQ is almost never included in FD. It is, however, usually included in RO discount. No, the FD dates and RO dates usually don't have the same dates. Like, last year POFQ got a 20% discount with stays 8/31 - 11/5. It was released the same day as the FD discount.

What are the current rules on ticket expiration? We have AP's we will activate this July but are not planning to renew until 2019. Can we still bank the tickets to use on our next AP's in 2019-2020? If so, free dining is still a great deal for 7 adults in Value rooms.

Last edited:

What are the current rules on ticket expiration? We have AP's we will activate this Dec but are not planning to renew until 2019. Can we still bank the tickets to use on our next AP's in 2019-2020? If so, free dining is still a great deal for 7 adults in Value rooms.
A ticket you buy today would expire by Dec. 31st, 2018.

POFQ is usually excluded from all offers. If you look at all the summer offers on the site now, POFQ is not included in any. With limited moderate availability due to construction at two of the resorts, I would suspect that there's going to be zero discounts offered at POFQ for the foreseeable future.

The incentive for mods was the $75 gift card/day early this year for construction inconvenience. They booked a lot of rooms through that "promotion" and through folks who didn't want that promotion that got placed in similar rooms in other moderates when they announced construction.

They probably have zero 5 person mod rooms anywhere...

What are the current rules on ticket expiration? We have AP's we will activate this July but are not planning to renew until 2019. Can we still bank the tickets to use on our next AP's in 2019-2020? If so, free dining is still a great deal for 7 adults in Value rooms.

Woah! Really? How do you manage that if you don't mind telling me?

Do you believe if they have FD it will be traditional promo? Or will it fall under the free dining promo comparable to the summer 2017 dine delight promo with modifications? Someone wrote on the rumors treads that she believes only deluxe resorts will get free traditional dining. Moderate resorts would get quick service and value resorts would get one meal per day . If so what would be the upgrade cost per person in value for the two other meal plans ?

Do you believe if they have FD it will be traditional promo? Or will it fall under the free dining promo comparable to the summer 2017 dine delight promo with modifications? Someone wrote on the rumors treads that she believes only deluxe resorts will get free traditional dining. Moderate resorts would get quick service and value resorts would get one meal per day . If so what would be the upgrade cost per person in value for the two other meal plans ?

Well quick service is $48 and the regular dining is $69. So you're looking at $21 per person, per night to upgrade from QS to DDP. As far as what it would be to upgrade from the one credit option to the full quick service option, well I'm not sure anyone has any idea as that's not been offered for US customers before. However, if logic prevails(I subtracted the mug and cost of snacks and then divided by 2 leaving one credit worth about $11), then it would be approximately (maybe a little more, maybe a little less) $37 per person/per night to upgrade.

So I just did the math and if the rumor is true and this works like the UK offer with only a quick service credit being offered vs the whole plan, the savings is only about $11/night per person.

I guess now I understand why they throw in a $200 gift card to UK residents now.

Just want to make sure I have this right I've been on a couple of different threads. The rumor we think coming next week is free dinning with a 4 day min park hopper plus tickets QS meal plan (the real you can buy it meal plan) and deluxe resorts get TS? Correct?

Just want to make sure I have this right I've been on a couple of different threads. The rumor we think coming next week is free dinning with a 4 day min park hopper plus tickets QS meal plan (the real you can buy it meal plan) and deluxe resorts get TS? Correct?

Actually, the rumor is a minimum 4 night stay. There's some debate whether it's going to be park hopper or park hopper plus, but it'll most likely be one or the other. Correct about the meal plan.

Actually, the rumor is a minimum 4 night stay. There's some debate whether it's going to be park hopper or park hopper plus, but it'll most likely be one or the other. Correct about the meal plan.

Okay cool we are staying a week so that part won't be an issue. Thanks! :)

POFQ is usually excluded from all offers. If you look at all the summer offers on the site now, POFQ is not included in any. With limited moderate availability due to construction at two of the resorts, I would suspect that there's going to be zero discounts offered at POFQ for the foreseeable future.
Thanks for answering. That's okay, if it's not offered. I guess with limited moderate availability I'm just glad we got it booked!

Well quick service is $48 and the regular dining is $69. So you're looking at $21 per person, per night to upgrade from QS to DDP. As far as what it would be to upgrade from the one credit option to the full quick service option, well I'm not sure anyone has any idea as that's not been offered for US customers before. However, if logic prevails(I subtracted the mug and cost of snacks and then divided by 2 leaving one credit worth about $11), then it would be approximately (maybe a little more, maybe a little less) $37 per person/per night to upgrade.
Thank you I was trying to wrap my head around this and one article aside it was a $20 per day value . I was unsure if it included mugs to do the equation and wanted to see in RO discount or dining would be better for our family of 6 .

Thank you I was trying to wrap my head around this and one article aside it was a $20 per day value . I was unsure if it included mugs to do the equation and wanted to see in RO discount or dining would be better for our family of 6 .

Well I guess that's going to depend on the room discounts and how many rooms you're going to need. I don't believe they're planning on releasing the one credit meal plan in the US. It seems that's going to stay over the pond, so you're likely facing the QS at Value and Mods and DDP at Deluxe.

For 6 "adults" is a $288/night "value". If rack rate on values is about $140/night and you get 2 rooms then the free dining discount makes your room "free".

The rumors also show the free dining starting earlier in December, but I don't think that will be true because of the parade taping. The Free Dining offer usually begins after that. In addition, the Pop Warner event is the first week also, I believe.

Any way they do it, I calculated that for us, a group of 5 adults, one 4 yr. old and a 6 month infant, we will spend approx. $872 for the upgraded dining at the Value Resort and I know we could not eat for that little. To me, it's a win, win! I don't like to eat at just quick service meals and the grand babies like the character meals, so we have to do the upgrade. We were also fortunate enough to book under a bounceback offer in September, so I'm only waiting to see if there are better dates under this plan and we might change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter