Free dining in the fall?

Will you take advantage of free dining this year?

• Yes

Votes: 68 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saying that they might as well not even bother offering it because it doesn't work for you.

It shouldn't work for anyone. It is a joke as far as I'm concerned.

We vacation for a full 2 weeks, we don't take these little 3 day trips. We come from too far away for that. WDW is overpriced at Rack rate as far as I'm concerned. However with the Full FD plan combined with a Mod room at CSR I can make sense of it for my family. I can't live off QS for 2 weeks. My family enjoys the daily TS meal. I'm not willing to pay for the upgrade. It I don't see the value at that price.

Honestly, more people need to realize they can spend there money somewhere else. All this this talk of people downgrading to a value so they can go, I don't get it. Don't go until WDW comes to the party. This is the way to get reasonable pricing. If the place is empty they will have to have better promotions.

Anyway is they can fill the resorts and parks with this "joke" of a promotion then ultimately they are right and I am wrong, but they won't get my business this year.

I'm hoping this is just for this year because half the Mod resort rooms are out of inventory with all the construction.

We vacation for a full 2 weeks, we don't take these little 3 day trips. We come from too far away for that. WDW is overpriced at Rack rate as far as I'm concerned. However with the Full FD plan combined with a Mod room at CSR I can make sense of it for my family. I can't live off QS for 2 weeks. My family enjoys the daily TS meal. I'm not willing to pay for the upgrade. It I don't see the value at that price.

Honestly, more people need to realize they can spend there money somewhere else. All this this talk of people downgrading to a value so they can go, I don't get it. Don't go until WDW comes to the party. This is the way to get reasonable pricing. If the place is empty they will have to have better promotions.

Anyway is they can fill the resorts and parks with this "joke" of a promotion then ultimately they are right and I am wrong, but they won't get my business this year.

I'm hoping this is just for this year because half the Mod resort rooms are out of inventory with all the construction.
Well it works for me. I am going for 8 days with a friend and it fits into our plans perfectly. The convenience and freedom of picking when we want when we want is exactly what we want. So again your view is very selfish and narrow minded. If it doesn't work for you then don't go but it works for plenty of other people

Well it works for me. I am going for 8 days with a friend and it fits into our plans perfectly. The convenience and freedom of picking when we want when we want is exactly what we want. So again your view is very selfish and narrow minded. If it doesn't work for you then don't go but it works for plenty of other people

well, that in itself is where I think people who support this discount are "narrow-minded" and "selfish". Essentially, you're paying rack rate for a resort that is overpriced to being with. Then Disney is giving you something they market as "free", but anyone who wasn't born yesterday knows it's not really free. Then this discount drives up the demand for food and restaurants so Disney drives up the prices of meals, but hey, you don't care, because it's "free". Then, every year, Disney either raised the price, tweaked the plan, or both. This year, they did both, but hey, that kool-aid must taste pretty sweet because people are still jumping at the opportunity to pay rack rate for values, buy park hopper plus tickets (which increases the vacation package from base tickets that were allowed in the past) just so they can get "free" hamburgers on their quick service plan "hey, I'll spend an additional $250 on tickets so I can get free quick service". If people would see the big picture, they'd stop and this discount would go away - like it should.

Now, I am also an each to their own kind of person. You like this discount - great. I am rooting for it to go away and one day it will and when it does, I hope the Disney economy corrects itself in terms of restaurant pricing. But calling others who see the big picture narrow minded or selfish: well, pot meet kettle.

But "free" dining is why the food prices are so high and why it seems like such a "value".

Well said.

Works for me too, and it's not intended to work for everybody, and it is unfeasible to think that it will work for everybody. What you need, and everybody should be doing is going if they want to go. If they get a room rate discount or free dining discount, that's great but they shouldn't be basing their whole trip on it. I know I'm going again next year, twice as a matter of fact. I like PoP, but next year if the bounce back has a mod with regular dining, I'll be getting that, if not I'll stay at a value, and save that money for a few out of pockets, and if nothing is offered on the bounce back. I'll just wait to do my reservation till later.

Now, I am also an each to their own kind of person. You like this discount - great. I am rooting for it to go away and one day it will and when it does, I hope the Disney economy corrects itself in terms of restaurant pricing.

Good luck with that. Let me know how that works how for you. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. That's not Disney's MO.

well, that in itself is where I think people who support this discount are "narrow-minded" and "selfish". Essentially, you're paying rack rate for a resort that is overpriced to being with. Then Disney is giving you something they market as "free", but anyone who wasn't born yesterday knows it's not really free. Then this discount drives up the demand for food and restaurants so Disney drives up the prices of meals, but hey, you don't care, because it's "free". Then, every year, Disney either raised the price, tweaked the plan, or both. This year, they did both, but hey, that kool-aid must taste pretty sweet because people are still jumping at the opportunity to pay rack rate for values, buy park hopper plus tickets (which increases the vacation package from base tickets that were allowed in the past) just so they can get "free" hamburgers on their quick service plan "hey, I'll spend an additional $250 on tickets so I can get free quick service". If people would see the big picture, they'd stop and this discount would go away - like it should.

Now, I am also an each to their own kind of person. You like this discount - great. I am rooting for it to go away and one day it will and when it does, I hope the Disney economy corrects itself in terms of restaurant pricing. But calling others who see the big picture narrow minded or selfish: well, pot meet kettle.

But "free" dining is why the food prices are so high and why it seems like such a "value".
I would have bought the dining plan "free" or not. There are options for people who don't want this particular promotion. So hiw is it selfish if I partake in a promotion that saves me a few dollars when other options are available for other people who don't want it. To say that they shouldn't offer it at all because it doesn't work for you specifically is selfish. The promotion is a take it or leave it option. You don't have to use it.

I would have bought the dining plan "free" or not. There are options for people who don't want this particular promotion. So hiw is it selfish if I partake in a promotion that saves me a few dollars when other options are available for other people who don't want it. To say that they shouldn't offer it at all because it doesn't work for you specifically is selfish. The promotion is a take it or leave it option. You don't have to use it.

Your point of view on this topic has left me speechless.

Your comments are also a personal attack which is against DIS rules.

Couldn't have said it better.

Your point of view on this topic has left me speechless.

Your comments are also a personal attack which is against DIS rules.
Ok, I don't agree with your opinion. Obviously you don't agree with mine. I also don't agree that I personally attacked you by voicing my opinion. But it doesn't matter because Disney is offering free dining so obviously they don't care

She says after calling the OP narrow-minded and selfish. Well done.

No. That's not what happened. I defended the person she called narrow minded and selfish by showing how both points of view can be perceived as the same.

Wow. The Disney Dining Defenders are out in force! Lol!!

What are you talking about? I'm the one who was attacked.
If you feel I personally attacked you then just report the post and let the cards fall where they may. I don't believe I did but
No. That's not what happened. I defended the person she called narrow minded and selfish by showing how both points of view can be perceived as the same.

Wow. The Disney Dining Defenders are out in force! Lol!!
I never said anyone was narrow-minded or selfish. I said the ideo to not offer free dining was narrow-minded and selfish. But I'm dropping the drama if people have a problem with my opinion they can report my post.

If you feel I personally attacked you then just report the post and let the cards fall where they may. I don't believe I did but

I never said anyone was narrow-minded or selfish. I said the ideo to not offer free dining was narrow-minded and selfish. But I'm dropping the drama if people have a problem with my opinion they can report my post.
I'm fine with what you said and how you said it. My point was to try and give perspective.

I agree with you that discounts are offered to all and we're free to use or not use them.

Honestly for me doing the numbers. I think I would come out better to renew my AP, get two Canadian ticket promos from my parents and paying for the DDP for my parents and me as a present for them. But I also think that TiW might be the better option. Between Boma, Tusker House, BOG, 1900 Park Fare and 'Ohana I will be spending enough to make TiW worth it on the first trip.

For me FD works We renew our AP's every year free dining is offered. We have always stayed in a moderate. When I add up the FL or AP discount FD wins all the time. This year we will be staying in a value because my oldest will not be joining us. I did the math and I am saving way more then if I were to get a discount on a value.

I've done the math ( a few times) and for us it is a deal while not free it's still cheaper. We were already staying in a value and already had park hoppers even with the ticket price change it's cheaper. The family that is going with us that is larger it's not cheaper for them so they won't be doing. It's just a numbers thing it works for some it doesn't work for others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter