Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 3

I was on hold for 2 hours and 20 minutes when my signal dropped. I called back (4079397639) and chose the "new reservation" option and was on hold for maybe 10 minutes before speaking with a CM. I'm glad my call dropped now LOL

I posted this in the pt2 thread right before it flipped. Hope somebody could shed some light on this...

Btw - When I look at my booking on My Disney Experience, I see the following:

"Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort-Standard View MYW Pkg + FREE Dining
2014 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2014 Table Service Meals - Child, 2014 Quick Service Meals"

My children are both 10+, so does anyone know what the "2014 Table Serivice Meals- Child" would refer to? Aren't 10yr old children considered adults as far as the DDP goes? Also - I don't see the Park Hopper option here that I pre-booked, but not too worried about that. I am concerned that my kids, or one, might be stuck with the child's meal plan though. I verified their ages (10 and 13). Any help/translation would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly how I looked dropping my kids off to school this morning!

I was herding my kids out the door to the car when the CM finally picked up. There was no way I was going to hang up the phone. I looked down after getting everyone in the car and my 2 year old was nude from the waist down sitting in his car seat. I threw a jacket over him and ran my kids to the drop off (it's across the road from my house and we drop off at the curb thank goodness) I'm pretty sure I'm not winning any mother of the year awards today but by golly my kids are going to Disney :rotfl2::rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl:

Gave up on calling so booked another reservation with FD just in case mine can't be modified later. So excited for christmas time at WL :cool1:

OMG, finally got through and added free dining to my existing res! About 2 hours on hold to modify existing reservation. Was just about to book online and cancel old. Got CSR 12/19 - 12/29 w/FD! 1st XMAS trip and 1st time staying at CSR after many trips to POR. So worried we won't like it as much, but money talks this trip!

Hope everyone else soon has their calls answered and dreams fulfilled. Now breathing a sigh of relief after a heart attack 1 wk ago (no risk factors and 48 y.o.). I couldn't get the Visa code to work last night and phone lines were closed at that point causing much anxiety knowing ph lines would be insane this morning.

Thanks for the Disboard posters for passing time by this a.m.!

For anyone who was nervous about booking through the Canadian link, I just called and it rang immediately and a CM picked up, I told him I just wanted to verify my reservation and make sure it went through ok because I was not from Canada and I booked through what I thought was a Canadian link. He verified everything and said it was all set! So no worries everyone! I called 407-939-7838

I was able to book online around 7:30 am. The offer showed up. At the same time I got through to phone reservations. I dialed 407-939-7838 which is guest services, they transferred me and I got an agent in about one minute. I hope this helps.

I was able to get transferred right over doing this. Initially booked ASMu this morning because it told me POP was sold out...got to work and it showed availability at POP so I called and changed....so we are now set at POP 11/14-11/21 with upgraded regular DDP!

I booked this morning using the Canadian link. Will this be a problem upon check-in since I am a US resident? Do I need to cancel that ressie and rebook?

For anyone who was nervous about booking through the Canadian link, I just called and it rang immediately and a CM picked up, I told him I just wanted to verify my reservation and make sure it went through ok because I was not from Canada and I booked through what I thought was a Canadian link. He verified everything and said it was all set! So no worries everyone! I called 407-939-7838

I booked this morning using the Canadian link. Will this be a problem upon check-in since I am a US resident? Do I need to cancel that ressie and rebook?

See above.

I just called to check on this and the CM said everything was all set, I told him I wasn't from Canada and he acted as though he had no idea I even booked through the Canada link- it said nothing about it in my confirmation either but I just felt better calling and verifying it was all set. Just call if you want to double check!

Booked online at 7:30 central and got CSR standard room for 11/18 - 11/28 with FD no problem. At that time they had all room types available. Will be interesting to see how fast these moderates book up since there are only 2 in the offer. Of course in my excitement forgot to add Magical Express but no way I'm calling to add it today lol! Hang in there guys.

Finally got through. I was still on hold with the cell phone, but ended up getting through on the home phone.

Pop Preferred
11/9-11/22

Also changed in-laws reservation
Pop Preferred Wheelchair with roll in shower.
11/13-11/20

:cool1:

I booked this morning online – CBR Standard 10/26-11/01, 3 guests (myself, DH, DS) w/free dining! :cool1: I do have a question though. We booked this trip to visit our daughter who will be there for the Disney College Program during her fall semester. If we decide to add her to our reservation in order for her to get the free dining, that shouldn’t be a problem should it? We were going back and forth on whether to put her in our room or not so I just decided to do the 3 of us and then add her later if we decided to. Even though she wouldn’t need the 2 day tickets as she gets into the parks for free, she could always use those tickets at a later date. I just know she will want to stay in the room with us while we’re there (and, of course, we want that too!!!), so I’m wondering if we shouldn’t just go ahead and add her to our reservation so she can get the free dining. Any thoughts?

i wanna upgrade to WL

I hope you get to do that. At this point I would just go on line and book a second reservation. At 7:40 this morning I stopped trying to get through the "all circuits are busy" and booked a new one---upgrade from Pop to WL. No standard rooms available so I took the woods view.

I hope everyone waiting on hold get what they want. I was on hold for just under an hr today and felt like I couldn't do much. Scared to set the phone down and miss a CM answering but I couldn't put it on speaker either, because its a surprise trip.

I booked this morning online – CBR Standard 10/26-11/01, 3 guests (myself, DH, DS) w/free dining! :cool1: I do have a question though. We booked this trip to visit our daughter who will be there for the Disney College Program during her fall semester. If we decide to add her to our reservation in order for her to get the free dining, that shouldn’t be a problem should it? We were going back and forth on whether to put her in our room or not so I just decided to do the 3 of us and then add her later if we decided to. Even though she wouldn’t need the 2 day tickets as she gets into the parks for free, she could always use those tickets at a later date. I just know she will want to stay in the room with us while we’re there (and, of course, we want that too!!!), so I’m wondering if we shouldn’t just go ahead and add her to our reservation so she can get the free dining. Any thoughts?

Because of the dining plan you will have to add her at least 72 hours prior to your check in date. But you can add her anytime up until then. If she's 18 or older, you will have to pay the $15 extra adult fee per night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter