For the First Time Cruisers -Ask your questions here

Okay so this is a stretch, but what if we found a family of 2 or 3 also looking for a category 10 or 11 stateroom that puts one of our family of 5 in their stateroom? We'd have no intention of actually being roommates but it would bring us down to a party of 4 without raising the cost of someone else. We'd still have port charges/taxes/fees and the increased cost of having another person in that party, but would it work?

Where would everyone sleep? I understand what you are doing, but the rooms aren't the same as hotels. The sofa isn't a pull-out. It's more of a flip-over. It is a single and the bed that pulls from the ceiling in some rooms is also a single.

You can do this but I would not recommend this. If your fifth is an infant, you would have a pack n play so there would be a place to sleep for everyone. A room that sleeps four will only sleep four (queen or two twins, twin sofa sleeper, twin bunk bed).

Let's say you did find someone and the four of you had one room and they had your child in their room. Everything is going fine until just before the final payment, they can't go anymore. Now you have to either upgrade to a category 4 or get another room and split up. The second room will cost you much more and availability will be much less. You may end up upgrading and getting a second room. You may find it to cost much more than it would have in the first place. Think this is far fetched? It happened to a client of mine last year!! It was a mess straightening it out!

Is there any Laundry facilities on the ship to allow you to wash clothes to help with over packing?

Yes there are laundry rooms. You can purchase boxed soap for $1, the washer is $1, and the dryer is $1 for 50 minutes and may take 2 cycles. The machines are coin operated and a coin machine is available.

By the time we are on the ship, the new machines should be there. It will likely only take 2 cycles in the dryer. They are much, much better!!

The laundry rooms are on decks 2, 6 and 7.

Not a first time cruiser, but I need some planning assistance.

I am having a hard time deciding between 2 connecting cat 6 rooms on deck 6 or 2 connecting cat 9 rooms on deck 2. We currently have 2 on deck six but would save $800 if we moved to deck 2. Verandahs with kids make me nervous, but not a deal breaker.

HELP!

I am having a hard time deciding between 2 connecting cat 6 rooms on deck 6 or 2 connecting cat 9 rooms on deck 2. We currently have 2 on deck six but would save $800 if we moved to deck 2. Verandahs with kids make me nervous, but not a deal breaker.

HELP!

Hi DVCsince02:

We decided on cat 6 because we wanted the Verandah... Originally were considering Cat 4 but changed due to several reasons. $800 would cover quite a few days before and after the trip at WDW:thumbsup2... but I'm sure you will make the best decision for your family.

Mark

Keep in mind that the rooms are filling fast and availability to choose room location will go down as the ship gets fuller. In other words, email Tracy ASAP about this.

HELP!

How much time do you and DH plan on using the veranda? Would there ever be a time when you'd leave any of your kids (since they are so young) unattended to play on the veranda?

The only time we would use it is after they are in bed, early in the am, or at nap time for the baby. It wouldn't go unused, but also not used a lot.

The only time we would use it is after they are in bed, early in the am, or at nap time for the baby. It wouldn't go unused, but also not used a lot.

Jen. I would try the Cat9's and save yourself some $$$'s for the next trip. The kids won't know the difference and both you and Chris will get an idea of how much you miss it and if you would need one for subsequent cruises. The savings could be used to splurge on the kids outfits or goodies onboard. It will also give you peace of mind surrounding the kids and verandah. In my mind a win/win.

HELP!

I'm being purely selfish . . . but come down to Deck 2 with me Jen!!!

Jen. I would try the Cat9's and save yourself some $$$'s for the next trip. The kids won't know the difference and both you and Chris will get an idea of how much you miss it and if you would need one for subsequent cruises. The savings could be used to splurge on the kids outfits or goodies onboard. It will also give you peace of mind surrounding the kids and verandah. In my mind a win/win.

Very nicely put George. Excellent reasoning. A+.

:woohoo:

I need some information about verandah's. I booked 2 cat 6's with verandah's now my sister tells me not to get a verandah with the kids. She's telling me that they only come up as high as her waist and would be to dangerous for my DD9. I picked a verandah because I read on the boards that the doors are very hard to open and they have good locks. Also would only allow him there if an adult is with him. Trying to decide if I should just go with a large window instead. How do I go about changing this?

I need some information about verandah's. I booked 2 cat 6's with verandah's now my sister tells me not to get a verandah with the kids. She's telling me that they only come up as high as her waist and would be to dangerous for my DD9. I picked a verandah because I read on the boards that the doors are very hard to open and they have good locks. Also would only allow him there if an adult is with him. Trying to decide if I should just go with a large window instead. How do I go about changing this?

She must be very tall :lmao: It's completely up to you but I would take into consideration how many children (or adults for that matter) have fallen off a Disney verandah. The last time I checked that number was zero in the last 10 plus years they have been in business. Disney is not going to put you in a verandah that is that risky. The doors are very hard to open, at times even for an adult like me. They have a lock that is completely out of reach of children and most short people. The verandahs are probably about 42-48 inches off the floor.

If you still want to switch, email me. I won't be able to change it until Monday, but I can take care of it then.

Thanks Tracy, thats what I thought I had read on the boards but she scared me. I will stick with the veranda. She has only been on Carnaval cruises so maybe they are lower on there's. One more question do they have plexiglass around the railing?

Thanks Tracy, thats what I thought I had read on the boards but she scared me. I will stick with the veranda. She has only been on Carnaval cruises so maybe they are lower on there's. One more question do they have plexiglass around the railing?

The plexigass (on most of the verandahs) is in front of the railing (so you cannot climb on it). The top of the railing is a wood beam. No one on this cruise in a category 4, 5, or 6 have a metal verandah, but those are metal up until the wood beam (you obviously can't see through it).

Dress code question. My DP & I are seriously thinking about cruising next fall. The ONLY deal breaker for her, is the dress code. She's not worn a dress since her prom in 1989!! :scared1: She's very comfortable wearing a suite or even a tux. My question is this. How strict are they on the dress code situation? Many thanks! ;)

Dress code question. My DP & I are seriously thinking about cruising next fall. The ONLY deal breaker for her, is the dress code. She's not worn a dress since her prom in 1989!! :scared1: She's very comfortable wearing a suite or even a tux. My question is this. How strict are they on the dress code situation? Many thanks! ;)

A dress is not required at all. You shouldn't wear shorts to the dining rooms but capris or pants are fine. Dress up night is just a suggested attire, not required.

A dress is not required at all. You shouldn't wear shorts to the dining rooms but capris or pants are fine. Dress up night is just a suggested attire, not required.

Thank you SO very much. We just weren't sure how to handle that. You've just made our day! ;)

a couple of Questions here!!:confused:

1. Drinks, soda, tea, water-bottled etc. Do you buy a drink card or is it included.

2. Can you bring a cooler on board?

We are signed up and ready for our first cruise. whoo hoo we are sooo excited. Thanks for starting and maintaining this thread.:banana:

a couple of Questions here!!:confused:

1. Drinks, soda, tea, water-bottled etc. Do you buy a drink card or is it included.

2. Can you bring a cooler on board?

We are signed up and ready for our first cruise. whoo hoo we are sooo excited. Thanks for starting and maintaining this thread.:banana:

No need to buy a drink card (they don't sell one). Soda, tea, coffee, water (from the tap) are included at the 24 hour beverage station and in all dining locations. If you order soda from a bar/club, you will be charged. Alcoholic beverages and some specialty drinks (coffees from Cove Cafe, smoothies, etc.) are charged. You can get a frequent coffee club card. You will be offered water at the start of the cruise to purchase. I find the water on the ship fine to drink, but the bottled water is nice for excursions.

You can bring a soft sided cooler onboard, WITHOUT ICE however when you check in.

I found it helpful to bring my own mug on board. I picked it up at Wal-Mart :hang head smiley: before the cruise for like $3. It was insulated and a good size. You have to use a DCL paper cup to fill it, but its better than returning to the drink station every 10 minutes for more soda/pop/cola.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter