For the First Time Cruisers -Ask your questions here

It does help - thanks!

Just to make sure that I understand, the DU SBC is added to the room key/account once on board?

Steve

Yes when you get on the ship, in your stateroom there will be a statement with each of your SBC listed and the amount..

We had some some gift cards, etc; added to our SBA (ship board account) right after we had the buffet lunch in Parrot Cay. The ship board credits from DU did not get applied until after 6PM on embarkation day.

Also, on Castaway Cay everything can be charged to your KTTW card, so you don't need to worry about cash or CC.

I think you need cash for the post office on CC.

And I seem to remember someone scrambling for cash to pay for hairbraiding for their daughter - but maybe I am imagining this. :confused3

And I seem to remember someone scrambling for cash to pay for hairbraiding for their daughter - but maybe I am imagining this. :confused3

And if you wanted to tip your excursion leaders. I forgot tip money and run (or skipped) back up to the room to get them something.

Where do you put your "valuables" (room key, small amount of cash) when you go in the water - either pool or ocean?

I have always been concerned about this. Do you wear it around your neck in the waterproof box? Hide it under your towel?

My dad used to hid his wallet and keys in his shoe when we were at the public pool or the Jersey shore. But that was thirty five years ago!

If you have Disney Visa reward dollars can those be applied as shipboard credit? Or could I use it to pay off my reservation with DU?

Here's another question--will DU make our Palo ressies or are we on our own for that? Also, we'd like to have a couple's spa treatment--where do we get the info for that? Also, we're on the waiting list for the 1st dining. What are our chances for getting moved? My wife is a very early eater and is not exicted about waiting late.

Thanks!

Here's another question--will DU make our Palo ressies or are we on our own for that? Also, we'd like to have a couple's spa treatment--where do we get the info for that? Also, we're on the waiting list for the 1st dining. What are our chances for getting moved? My wife is a very early eater and is not exicted about waiting late.

Thanks!

Hi Dan - You will make your own Palo and excursion reservations. Once you have paid for the cruise and are I think its 45 days out (I could be wrong on that as I dont know how many days it is for 1st time cruisers) you will be able to sign into your reservation on DCL site and make those reservations.

It's hit or miss on getting late to early dining changed but the best part is you can eat early by the pool then eat again in the DR when you have late dining LOL

Hi Dan - You will make your own Palo and excursion reservations. Once you have paid for the cruise and are I think its 45 days out (I could be wrong on that as I dont know how many days it is for 1st time cruisers) you will be able to sign into your reservation on DCL site and make those reservations.

It's hit or miss on getting late to early dining changed but the best part is you can eat early by the pool then eat again in the DR when you have late dining LOL
Thanks for the info about Palo. Also, I had thought about the eating park--I can do that! :lmao:[url=http://www.freesmileys.org]
[/URL]

I'm sure Tracy will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe online ressies (Palo, excursions, nursery, etc.) can be made at the following:

75 days - 1st time cruisers
90 days - Castaway Club members (aka repeat cruisers)
105 days - Suites

If you have Disney Visa reward dollars can those be applied as shipboard credit? Or could I use it to pay off my reservation with DU?

Yes reward dollars can be applied to your shipboard account. And I doubt they can be used for paying DU but not entirely positive.

Okay ... 'nother question. :blush:

I know it was possible to put in requests for specific cabins in the 'special notes' section when I requested the quote. Or, rather, I know that now, but I didn't when I sent the quote request in, so I didn't put anything about cabin numbers on there. And I do have an idea of what cabin I might like now.

Is it too late to make such a request? Our deposit went through yesterday :-)yay:). Is this a "You'll have to email Tracy" type of thing?

Okay ... 'nother question. :blush:

I know it was possible to put in requests for specific cabins in the 'special notes' section when I requested the quote. Or, rather, I know that now, but I didn't when I sent the quote request in, so I didn't put anything about cabin numbers on there. And I do have an idea of what cabin I might like now.

Is it too late to make such a request? Our deposit went through yesterday :-)yay:). Is this a "You'll have to email Tracy" type of thing?

Yes you need to email Tracy and let he know what you are looking for and she will do her best to get you as close to what you want as possible.

Yes you need to email Tracy and let her know what you are looking for and she will do her best to get you as close to what you want as possible.
Tracy also likes wine so if you can include a little something, something with your request.... :smooth:

Kidding, kidding, kidding. Of course, if it is possible, Tracy makes magic happen pixiedust: However, if you are looking for the secret porthole rooms, they were booked while we were still on PCC 1.0 :guilty:

I'm working my way backwards in this thread trying to keep up.

I know you don't need a passport to sail, but how about to get off the ship in the bahamas??

Actually, as of today you need a passport just to get on the ship. I used a birth certificate for 1.0, but will be getting/needing a passport for 2.0.

This is not the case. You are not required to have a passport to cruise if you are doing a closed-loop cruise. This means you are leaving from and returning to the same US port. You do not need to have a passport to get off the ship in the Bahamas. However, if something goes wrong (like you left your wife in Norway), you would need to have a passport to fly home.

Cash for the post office, hairbraiding and I believe the little Bahamian shops by the hairbraiding people.

Yes, they can be applied as a shipboard credit. I recommend bringing the cards onboard and applying the credits there rather than in advance. Keep your card though! If you do not spend all the money you put on your account, it is refunded the same way that it was paid. If it was paid with your reward card and you have thrown it away, you won't have access to the reward dollars remaining.

Yes reward dollars can be applied to your shipboard account. And I doubt they can be used for paying DU but not entirely positive.

They can be used to pay your reservation as well through DU.

This is not the case. You are not required to have a passport to cruise if you are doing a closed-loop cruise. This means you are leaving from and returning to the same US port. You do not need to have a passport to get off the ship in the Bahamas. However, if something goes wrong (like you left your wife in Norway), you would need to have a passport to fly home.
:rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl:
Tracy made a funny.

Yes you need to email Tracy and let he know what you are looking for and she will do her best to get you as close to what you want as possible.

Tracy also likes wine so if you can include a little something, something with your request.... :smooth:

Kidding, kidding, kidding. Of course, if it is possible, Tracy makes magic happen pixiedust: However, if you are looking for the secret porthole rooms, they were booked while we were still on PCC 1.0 :guilty:

Thanks for the answers, guys! Everyone here is so helpful. :goodvibes We actually booked a cat 7 (navigator's veranda, because my husband's concerned about the openness of the regular ones - apparently he doesn't want to fall off ... I suppose I don't want him to, either ;)), but it hadn't occurred to me at the start to figure out where on the ship we'd want to be. I believe all the cat 7s are aft, but there are still decks to choose and whatnot.

I feel bad adding to Tracy's email load, though. I'll keep that in mind about the wine. :lmao:

Thanks for the answers, guys! Everyone here is so helpful. :goodvibes We actually booked a cat 7 (navigator's veranda, because my husband's concerned about the openness of the regular ones - apparently he doesn't want to fall off ... I suppose I don't want him to, either ;)), but it hadn't occurred to me at the start to figure out where on the ship we'd want to be. I believe all the cat 7s are aft, but there are still decks to choose and whatnot.

I feel bad adding to Tracy's email load, though. I'll keep that in mind about the wine. :lmao:

Keep in mind that the rooms are filling fast and availability to choose room location will go down as the ship gets fuller. In other words, email Tracy ASAP about this.

Keep in mind that the rooms are filling fast and availability to choose room location will go down as the ship gets fuller. In other words, email Tracy ASAP about this.

Will do! I guess if it's sanctioned by the woman herself, I can feel a little less guilty about the added work. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter