Flying into Fall!! – WISH September Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

Not sure if you have heard of Bret Contreras but this glute workout is great for no equipment, body weight, targeted areas that most women want to target. I did 3 rounds of 10 last time and really felt it in my hamstrings the day after.

some of the exercises are super weird, no way I will do them in the gym!

Felt like sharing if someone is looking for home workout

@HappyGrape I hope your day got better.

Yesterday ended up being a wash on cleaning and working out. My daughter decided that she no longer wants to do dance. I would go work out while she was at dance class for 2 hours. So I ended up at soccer practice with my son. I did do a little bit of running/chasing the boys at the end of practice trying to get the ball from them. So there was something. My daughter has also decided that she no longer wants to play the trumpet and wants to play the clarinet instead. No biggie but we are concerned that something is going on that she is not telling us. All of these changes at once plus her issue the other day with missing me and today she says her wrist hurts and that she can't move it. She says she did nothing to it and it looks fine to me. She has a tendency to fake things like this. I think she wanted to stay home. We are going to try and spend some extra time with her, more like one on one and hope that either she starts talking about what is bothering her or that having that special time will just help her.

I do not foresee getting to the rec for the next several days. Tonight we need to get the clarinet and have cheer practice, tomorrow my mom and I are taking my daughter to get her ear pierced (that is her birthday gift from my mom) and then we need to clean, and Saturday is my daughters birthday party. SO a busy few days but the rec is open on Sundays again (over the summer they are closed) so I might heard up their for an hour.

I was out yesterday... there's some bug going around that starts with a headache and I woke up with it. I slept for most of the day, then had trouble getting to sleep last night, so this morning I'm pretty tired and cranky but the headache is pretty much done.

Even though I know its not the best choice long term, I'm going to start elimination eating this weekend. I just seem to need the clearly defined parameters, and I know it will help me get dairy and gluten out of my diet, which I haven't succeeded in doing otherwise. For part of the time at WDW I'm room sharing, so I can't be coughing the way I am now, and I can't have sore feet and do all that walking. My other vacations this year have all been about exploring and experiencing new things... the WDW trip is about going to a familiar comfortable place and just relaxing and enjoying being there, and I need to be feeling top notch to really do that. Plus I have to do my yearly wellness check for my health care coverage before the end of the year and I'd really like to not be as heavy as I am right now when I do it.

Other plans for the weekend... the usual incredibly exciting household chores including running the lawnmower over the dandelions in the front yard. I really want to go for a woodsy walk. Saturday I'm going to someone new to trim my hair and see if we can fix the bad layers without cutting it completely off. And of course there will be knitting...

Hope all have a happy and healthful weekend.

Last edited:
So yesterday was very busy. After work i picked up my daughter and took her to switch out her trumpet for the clarinet and then to cheer practice. It was so cold at practice (we went from 90 degrees on wed. to 60 yesterday) so I kept walking (really pacing) to stay warm. I got 9500 steps. I will take that as a win. I did get a bag of peanut butter M & M's yesterday. I got the "sharing size" thinking that i would eat half yesterday and then the other half today. Well before I knew it I ate them all.

Today my mom and I are taking my daughter to get her ear pierced right after work. I was talking to my mom about the issues this week with my daughter and we decided to taker her to dinner too. Just some special time. She adores my mom so this will be good for her. We have a very limited choice of food places to go since my mom has Celiacs. We have Chick Fi la or 5 guys. My mom and I would love chick fi la but my daughter hates it so it is 5 guys with the very over the top grease burgers. I have been really good today with food knowing what I will have for dinner.

I am feeling like I am down some weight but I haven't weighted myself. I will do that on Monday. My plan for the party is to only have 1 smaller piece of cake. I always have fruit salad so as long as i can still get good fruit I will eat that tomorrow as much as I can.

Flossbolna thanks for hosting this month!
I'll be on the new thread soon Dolewhipdreams. Thanks.

Although the day/month is not done, I have already logged the food so far. I'll make sure I get my steps. DH has promised a walk with me later. So I'm going to consider September has a 100% success!

Hello all,

Sorry to have been MIA - I have been hanging with the kids a little, running them around for their social life and going to appointments to get my health on track. I am going to call much of September a bust for my goal - but it has been a month of some small gains that will be incorporated as I move forward.

A great big :thanks: to @Flossbolna for hosting us this month - I hope you are feeling better.

Thank you so much @Flossbolna for being such a great host this month! I hope to hear from you again for October!

I finished my month at a net 100% (yahoo!!) but that's because I went over on a couple of my goals and under one one, so I didn't fully complete each of my goals.

See you all [hopefully] on the October thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!