Flying into Fall!! – WISH September Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

My woohoo today is that I'm finally back to losing weight instead of maintaining! I'm back down to below my pre-WDW weight and it feels great.

I've organized a bake sale at work that is going to be a major test of my will power. Sitting by myself at a table full of goodies without eating any!

My Wahoo Wednesday is that both our sons called us Saturday. It was not expected and it was nice to chat with them. Never mind that DH and I were out of town and trying to have some fun at a Saturday Market we'd never been to.

Speaking of fun/qotd: Well, pickleball is lots of fun. I really like my classes at the Y. They are fun. In bad news I haven't been to any of them in a week or more! I was just too tired to get up at o'dark thirty Tuesday and pickleball has been cancelled this week. I've been working late so have missed my evening classes. I am getting up early tomorrow for class. I think fun is basically a state of mind. It's easy to get in a rut about stuff and forget that you actually enjoy it. Sometimes you just need to remember why you do it. Or in my case lately why on earth you're not doing it! Get up! Sleep is so over-rated. :upsidedow

So in more fun stuff DH and I are taking Friday afternoon off and going to Seattle! We'll see the Saturday afternoon Mariners game then drive home. Probably hitting Krispy Kreme on our way out of the stadium. Darn them for being so close! One glazed donut won't kill me though. I'll just log it and move on.

Partly this was because I just felt so exhausted at the beginning of the month. I think I overdid the exercise a bit. So, slacking has been good for me because it helped me to recover more. I still need to find a better equilibrum between activity and needed rest. The one thing I need to work on is sleep!

If you find it share the tips! I am trying to go back to working out, over did it monday and I am still sore but decided to not make big deal out of it.

My sleeping is complete mess and I am really worried about getting place for my son's high school. We have one across the road that I don't like for some reason, but it's so convenient. I have people coming over for meal this weekend and their son is happy there. I have one I like, but it's 30 minutes walk and no bus this direction. I can drop him off and pick him up two days a week but I feel the day that I can't and the weather is bad he will not be very happy walking in the rain with big bag of books. It's in two years and I struggle seeing that far. There is lovely school but nearly hour bus ride, with very good academic record and 100% going to 3rd level rates. While the bus journey is long, the buses are every 10 minutes and it's one of the best private school but he won't have friends locally. I have all sorts of things on my mind and I am trying to find balance between wanting him to be happy and wanting him to be educated and it is keeping me awake.

Awake at night = tired and hungry during the day

On the positive note, I didn't over think the DOMS after my workout, it was lower body on monday. i just did my upper body with lighter weights yesterday and plan to reduce the weight next Monday. I didn't go all or nothing.

We have slacked on doing her foot exercises since school started so i am hoping that doing them again will get her back to normal. I really do not want her to have surgery at 10 years old.

I hope it doesn't come to that! Is she feeling better?

Question of the Day for 9/19:

Thinking of Disney movies fitting to the theme of Flying, I remembered this scene from Wall-E:

picture_4.png

Wall-E and Eve fly - and dance - through space and have so much fun! It is my favourite scene from this movie because it shows so much emotion without anyone talking about emotion. And fun is an important part of being healthy! Do you feel that your approach to live healthy is incorporating enough fun or do you find it more of a chore? Which aspects are fun for you or do you have any ideas on how to incorporate more fun?

Not right now to be honest but when I do, I do better.
1st - good gym with nice seawater pool and plenty of classes definitely helps
2nd - keeping fun in mind when food planning. It's easy to forget food should be fun when life is busy and you just throw something to get by and eating healthy. As soon as I stop thinking about how to make my meals tasty I start craving other foods or meals out.
3rd. Don't over do it or feel guilty for taking a rest. Rest is important and I need to figure out the activity/rest balance.

I have been really good this summer about adding more fruits into my diet. Especially peaches!! They have been so good this year. I don't really have a game plan for winter since I was never a big fruit eater in the winter before (I feel like that is a sad statement :( ). I am interested to hear what the rest of you do in the winter.

Winters are harder. Sometimes I get frozen berries and thaw them with Greek yoghurt, as i find them tastier than fresh berries out of season. There is always citrus fruit around but I don't find them any filling at all, not sure why. I eat more apples, pears, bananas.

I will miss apricots, I had a lot of them this summer

Sorry that I have been missing most of this month. On September 6 my cousin went in to have fluid removed from around his heart and ended up coding when the anesthesia was administered and was in a coma. On the 11th he was flown to Rochester, MN in anticipation of a possible heart transplant with his wife by his side. His parents, sister, and one of his 5 kids (technically only 2 were his and the other 3 were from his wife's first marriage but as far as he was concerned they were his in every thing but the legal papers) followed the next morning. September 13 it was determined that some of the top doctors could do nothing for him so the plan was to discuss a time to remove all the vent that was keeping him breathing. Before that meeting could occur he passed away of heart failure due to the rare disorder amyloidosis. His service was held on Tuesday this week. The scale has not been nice to me though after showing a friend my food journal for a couple of days and talking about how I had gained weight eating cup a soup and sandwiches to the point of over 5 pounds in 2 days we started talking about that I might be one of those who the labs can say normal on hypothyroid laps but that not be the case for the individual. I am thinking that I might go back on the bladderwack and other herbals for a tea that I have used in the past.

Sorry that I have been missing most of this month. On September 6 my cousin went in to have fluid removed from around his heart and ended up coding when the anesthesia was administered and was in a coma. On the 11th he was flown to Rochester, MN in anticipation of a possible heart transplant with his wife by his side. His parents, sister, and one of his 5 kids (technically only 2 were his and the other 3 were from his wife's first marriage but as far as he was concerned they were his in every thing but the legal papers) followed the next morning. September 13 it was determined that some of the top doctors could do nothing for him so the plan was to discuss a time to remove all the vent that was keeping him breathing. Before that meeting could occur he passed away of heart failure due to the rare disorder amyloidosis. His service was held on Tuesday this week

:hug: I am so sorry to hear of this sad loss of your cousin - hugs from me - thinking of you.

Sorry that I have been missing most of this month. On September 6 my cousin went in to have fluid removed from around his heart and ended up coding when the anesthesia was administered and was in a coma. On the 11th he was flown to Rochester, MN in anticipation of a possible heart transplant with his wife by his side. His parents, sister, and one of his 5 kids (technically only 2 were his and the other 3 were from his wife's first marriage but as far as he was concerned they were his in every thing but the legal papers) followed the next morning. September 13 it was determined that some of the top doctors could do nothing for him so the plan was to discuss a time to remove all the vent that was keeping him breathing. Before that meeting could occur he passed away of heart failure due to the rare disorder amyloidosis. His service was held on Tuesday this week. The scale has not been nice to me though after showing a friend my food journal for a couple of days and talking about how I had gained weight eating cup a soup and sandwiches to the point of over 5 pounds in 2 days we started talking about that I might be one of those who the labs can say normal on hypothyroid laps but that not be the case for the individual. I am thinking that I might go back on the bladderwack and other herbals for a tea that I have used in the past.
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

If you find it share the tips! I am trying to go back to working out, over did it monday and I am still sore but decided to not make big deal out of it.

My sleeping is complete mess and I am really worried about getting place for my son's high school. We have one across the road that I don't like for some reason, but it's so convenient. I have people coming over for meal this weekend and their son is happy there. I have one I like, but it's 30 minutes walk and no bus this direction. I can drop him off and pick him up two days a week but I feel the day that I can't and the weather is bad he will not be very happy walking in the rain with big bag of books. It's in two years and I struggle seeing that far. There is lovely school but nearly hour bus ride, with very good academic record and 100% going to 3rd level rates. While the bus journey is long, the buses are every 10 minutes and it's one of the best private school but he won't have friends locally. I have all sorts of things on my mind and I am trying to find balance between wanting him to be happy and wanting him to be educated and it is keeping me awake.

Awake at night = tired and hungry during the day

On the positive note, I didn't over think the DOMS after my workout, it was lower body on monday. i just did my upper body with lighter weights yesterday and plan to reduce the weight next Monday. I didn't go all or nothing.

While I imagine that is really stressful and frustrating, I just want to say that it's awesome that you care that much about your son and his education!

If you prefer the school that's farther away, are you able/willing to move? Or is that decision part of what's stressing you out?

I am so sorry for your loss

I was just thinking of you yesterday and was wondering if everything was ok. I am so sorry for your loss! What a heartbreaking chain of events, especially for the family to travel that far, hoping for a heart transplant and then instead being confronted with making a decision as to how to end his life! Sending big hugs!!

I am so sorry for your loss.

While I imagine that is really stressful and frustrating, I just want to say that it's awesome that you care that much about your son and his education!

If you prefer the school that's farther away, are you able/willing to move? Or is that decision part of what's stressing you out?

Willing yes, able to - it will be logistical nightmare. But honestly I have only one son and education is in the core of my values and more I think of it, I need to choose school based on the school not the location and deal with the rest as needed, whatever it takes.

So last Monday we had trip planned for October 2018 and everything set for my big trip
Tuesday - news that there is exam in local school as part of the enrollment same week we plan to be away

Wednesday calls all schools to find timelines
One school starting the process mid summer
One end of August
One from September onward
And you don't know when you will get offer. And if you get offer, many ask for 1200 deposit so if you get offer from your 3rd choice, you have option to pay in one week or not pay and your place will be offered to someone else. The public free schools don't ask for deposit but you still have a week so not ideal to plan trips! Obviously with that scheduling I took the call to move our trip to end of June/July so we can focus on sorting this out.

Today my husband got a call from his school that DS will be getting offer before this Christmas. It's the school we like best and not the most inconvenient but not a hope in hell I would risk not accepting the offer. 100% students go to 3rd level, direct bus door to door every 10 minutes (little long trip) one of the best schools. I won't fully relax until the letter is in the mailbox but for now, I feel little less worried

So we may have been perfectly ok to go October but now I have paid flights and there is no option to move. I am not going to lose sleep for that thought, I can only based my decisions on what I know.

I feel sense of relieve now that I have taken the decision that I will just choose the best school and deal with the consequences after. I ate very poorly and did not sleep well at all last week. I have persisted this week and apart from yesterday I did well. I didn't do my steps yesterday but the sleepless nights were just too much, I felt ill with worry. Funny when I read @dolewhipdreams comment I realized that really, I will just go for the school that is right and deal with the consequences. I also went over my calories many days last week, but didn't this week. I don't think I am emotional eater to be honest. We were out on open nights every night, on top of work adn school homework so I was also very tired and busy and I think it was just not a priority. Anyway, I feel so much better today.

Anyway, from Monday my eating is back to where it should be and hopefully I get my sleeping back too

So last Monday we had trip planned for October 2018 and everything set for my big trip
Tuesday - news that there is exam in local school as part of the enrollment same week we plan to be away

Wednesday calls all schools to find timelines
One school starting the process mid summer
One end of August
One from September onward
And you don't know when you will get offer. And if you get offer, many ask for 1200 deposit so if you get offer from your 3rd choice, you have option to pay in one week or not pay and your place will be offered to someone else. The public free schools don't ask for deposit but you still have a week so not ideal to plan trips! Obviously with that scheduling I took the call to move our trip to end of June/July so we can focus on sorting this out.

Wow this whole process sounds nuts! No wonder you're stressed out.

Today my husband got a call from his school that DS will be getting offer before this Christmas. It's the school we like best and not the most inconvenient but not a hope in hell I would risk not accepting the offer. 100% students go to 3rd level, direct bus door to door every 10 minutes (little long trip) one of the best schools. I won't fully relax until the letter is in the mailbox but for now, I feel little less worried

What good news. I know we are all here rooting for your DS! Be sure to let us know when the letter comes so we can celebrate with you :cheer2:

I feel sense of relieve now that I have taken the decision that I will just choose the best school and deal with the consequences after. I ate very poorly and did not sleep well at all last week. I have persisted this week and apart from yesterday I did well. I didn't do my steps yesterday but the sleepless nights were just too much, I felt ill with worry. Funny when I read @dolewhipdreams comment I realized that really, I will just go for the school that is right and deal with the consequences. I also went over my calories many days last week, but didn't this week. I don't think I am emotional eater to be honest. We were out on open nights every night, on top of work adn school homework so I was also very tired and busy and I think it was just not a priority. Anyway, I feel so much better today.

Anyway, from Monday my eating is back to where it should be and hopefully I get my sleeping back too

That's a lot to handle all at once but you're right in just dusting it off and moving forward!

Willing yes, able to - it will be logistical nightmare. But honestly I have only one son and education is in the core of my values and more I think of it, I need to choose school based on the school not the location and deal with the rest as needed, whatever it takes.

I feel sense of relieve now that I have taken the decision that I will just choose the best school and deal with the consequences after.

Schooling choice time is very stressful! My kids catch the bus to school, theirs is about a 45 minute ride - I must admit some days we wish we had more time morning/afternoon especially afternoon to help with the routine of a chance to relax, have afternoon tea, get homework done etc. some days there just doesn't seem to be enough time especially as their homework loads get bigger. Other than that for the most part they don't overly mind the bus and have a few friends on there. As we rent - if we have to move again I think we may try to move closer. As for not having local friends - he would still have his current friends nearby I assume and then any new friends he makes at his new school will add to his social circle. Schooling choices are so personal - I have a friend and when she was young (there were 3 of them) her parents sent each child to a different high school - chosen on the one best suited for each child! I hope you get the offer you want and can work out all the logistics. At some point I feel like they end up where they are meant to be ... if that makes sense. When we were choosing we applied to the two closest catholic schools which would mean catching a bus for either one. I had always kind of assumed one school in particular would end up as our choice but in the end the other school ended up feeling like a better fit (after school tours, student visit days, interview with the principals etc) and we were hoping for an offer at the second school - the wait is hard but we got our choice and have been very very happy.

You certainly have had a stressful time of it though - making the choices as well as the uncertainty it meant for your trip planning - I definitely feel for you - I am glad you seem to have turned a corner and are making choices about the trip and schooling that are able to help you feel more comfortable with the situation :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!