Flight departure time and transfers to MCO

closetmickey

DIS Veteran
Hi. Our flight is at 11:25am after our cruise. Will Disney allow me to book their transfer back to the airport and if so, what time would they expect me to be on their bus? Thank you.

Anyone has a post-pandemic update? Disney used to require your flight be after 12 pm if you used their transfers. Pre-pandemic the issue wasn't with Disney getting you to the airport, it was clearing security at the airport. We got to the airport at 10:15 am, had our boarding passes by 10:30 am, but there was a long line for TSA security. Like an hour and 45 minutes. We literally walked right on the plane for our 12:35 pm flight. So 11:25 am may be too early.

Hi. Our flight is at 11:25am after our cruise. Will Disney allow me to book their transfer back to the airport and if so, what time would they expect me to be on their bus? Thank you.
Since the earliest departure time recommended is 11:25, they will let you book transfers. I'd say they'd want you on the earliest bus, around 9:00. Could be earlier.

From the DCL website:

• Earliest departure time from Orlando International Airport on Debarkation Day: 11:25 AM

Since the earliest departure time recommended is 11:25, they will let you book transfers. I'd say they'd want you on the earliest bus, around 9:00. Could be earlier.

From the DCL website:

• Earliest departure time from Orlando International Airport on Debarkation Day: 11:25 AM
9:00 would be great. I was afraid it would be much earlier. Thank you.

9:00 would be great. I was afraid it would be much earlier. Thank you.
I'm only saying 9:00 because I think that's the earliest they start departing. But I could be wrong about that. Personally, I think it's cutting it a bit close, security at MCO can be a bear at times. Not unusual for it to take hours.

If I remember right, buses to WDW don't leave until 9am but buses to MCO left as they filled. They fill quickly once people leave the ship around 730-8am. However, if you have a flight before 1130 (or maybe noon) you had to take your luggage on the bus with you instead of DCL taking it to the airport for you. I doubt they take your luggage now anyway. We've gotten to the airport at 10am without even trying to get there quickly. So 1125 should be no problem.

I'm only saying 9:00 because I think that's the earliest they start departing. But I could be wrong about that. Personally, I think it's cutting it a bit close, security at MCO can be a bear at times. Not unusual for it to take hours.

Yeah…it all depends on your level of comfort with a tight schedule to the airport. For Miami they say 11:30, but I was personally not comfortable with an 11:50 flight. I would rather sit and read at the airport than be rushed and panicked - especially after a relaxing cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter