FIFA World Cup 2022 thread

World Cup excitement scale: How excited are you for the tournament?

Votes: 26 52.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 3 6.0%

Votes: 4 8.0%

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
For some reason I was thinking of this:

dm_160822_TISC_COUNTER_CULTURE_ALEXI.jpg

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/17368234

You can listen to some of his songs on YouTube:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCBubML6fnBFtza6F0zFeDAw/featured

You have to love Alexi Lalas. He is a great former USMNT star from the 90’s and he also likes to sing.

I just miss the hair and the hippie vibe. As someone who grew up (and still lives) near Berkeley, I think he would have fit in pretty well around here.

I just miss the hair and the hippie vibe. As someone who grew up (and still lives) near Berkeley, I think he would have fit in pretty well around here.
He a cool person in general and has major passion for the national team. If you watch the match tomorrow, you’ll probably see one of his funny pep talks.

Tuesday WC Schedule

Ecuador vs Senegal 10am ET on FS1/Telemundo/TSN/Peacock

Qatar vs The Netherlands 10am ET on Fox/Universo/TSN/Peacock

USA vs Iran 2pm ET (1pm pregame) on Fox/Telemundo/TSN/Peacock

England vs Wales 2pm ET on FS1/Universo/TSN/Peacock

Looking forward to England giving the Welsh a thrashing today!
Saw this on Twitter, Leeds seem to be gaining quite a few American fans given their US players.

Attachments

• 3938DE4B-A380-4973-8536-CB4CD2182B53.jpeg
    3938DE4B-A380-4973-8536-CB4CD2182B53.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 0
That was rough. But a win is a win…so onto the next round we go. Hopefully with Pulisic and Sargent.

I thought Arsonson did okay for Pulisic - it was the rest of the subs and the whole team on that field once the coach told them to play defense only at about the 80th minute on. They can't do it. It was completely horrid play. They made Iran look like a top tier team.

Those last few minutes in stoppage time were nerve racking. :scared: Especially when the ball got behind the US goalie.

And by the way, could Iran (or any team) pull their goalie like in hockey?

They usually don't pull the goalkeeper. That might take too long. If it gets to that, the goalkeeper might just go out and play as an attacking player where they're subject to the same rules as other players outside of the box they're defending.

I found a great local place to watch even though I could have watched at home. It was a lot more fun and the food I bought didn't cost any more than any other time. I suspect that one quiet couple there was from Iran, but for the most part they were quiet and really didn't talk to anyone else.

Looking forward to England giving the Welsh a thrashing today!
Saw this on Twitter, Leeds seem to be gaining quite a few American fans given their US players.
Good luck on Saturday against Senegal. :-)

@Jangles , be proud of Wales. They did your country proud. 👏

Those last few minutes in stoppage time were nerve racking. :scared: Especially when the ball got behind the US goalie.

You can't sub on the fly in soccer like you can in hockey. The best they could have done was bought the goalkeeper up and have him play offense like bcla said. I've seen teams do that on last second set pieces a bunch of times.

I still can’t believe the Iranian keeper didn’t get a yellow card for his foul against Pulisic (even though he scored that beautiful goal). I hope Pulisic will recover quickly with our expert sports medicine.

I found a great local place to watch even though I could have watched at home. It was a lot more fun and the food I bought didn't cost any more than any other time. I suspect that one quiet couple there was from Iran, but for the most part they were quiet and really didn't talk to anyone else.
What did you eat?

They changed the stoppage time rule in order for it to become the most accurate as possible. Our players were gassed because they played 3 straight games. GGG need to you our second squad against the Dutch in the first half and the main starters I the second to finish them off to have a chance. The Dutch will be at the same level as the England game. Cody and Memphis should worry us the most. If we can contain them, and get some shots on goal, we may actually win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter