FIFA World Cup 2022 thread

World Cup excitement scale: How excited are you for the tournament?

Votes: 26 52.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 3 6.0%

Votes: 4 8.0%

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
Those last few minutes in stoppage time were nerve racking. :scared: Especially when the ball got behind the US goalie.

And by the way, could Iran (or any team) pull their goalie like in hockey?

Yes but not like they do in hockey as others mentioned. The keeper would come up and be the 12th outfield player. It is generally only done for set pieces.

Here is an example of it paying off:

Yes but not like they do in hockey as others mentioned. The keeper would come up and be the 12th outfield player. It is generally only done for set pieces.

And it usually ends up badly for the teams that do it.

Of course you mean 11tb outfield player. If refs allow a 12th, there's a BIG issue. :rotfl2:

Wednesday WC schedule:
10am ET on Fox/FS1/Telemundo/Universo/CTV/TSN/Peacock

Australia vs Denmark and Tunisia vs France

At 2pm ET
Poland vs Argentina and KSA vs Mexico

What did you eat?

Carne asada tacos. This place is a combination Mexican-Venezuelan restaurant. Had to order a full plate as this place didn't have its full menu. I'd never been there before, but it was rocking and everyone was having a good time. It was a little odd though because they were streaming and had two TVs. The one in their patio was well behind (they were streaming separately) and we heard the screaming when the goal was scored and when the second goal was "scored". They tried closing the door but that didn't work, and they ended up stopping the stream at halftime where it was current.

When 9 minutes of stoppage time came up were all thinking we couldn't take it much longer.

Do you think we beat the Dutch Saturday? My prediction is a USA controversial win in extra time with a score of 2-1.
I'm not too scared of the Dutch. They aren't a great team at the moment. They have to be favorites but I think we have a pretty decent chance. We line up better against them than Belgium in 2014 and came a bad touch away from winning that game.

I have us beating them in my bracket.

I'm not too scared of the Dutch. They aren't a great team at the moment. They have to be favorites but I think we have a pretty decent chance. We line up better against them than Belgium in 2014 and came a bad touch away from winning that game.

I have us beating them in my bracket.
I want Messi eliminated tomorrow. I want to face Australia after the Dutch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter