Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions for the best strategy for early entry at MK when staying at one of the Disney Springs Hotels (late Oct)? We will be at the B resort, which is eligible for early entry, but the website states the first bus isn't until 45 min before park opening. We were planning to just Uber to MK, but if I'm understanding correctly that we would we then be held up at the TTC with all resort guests, not just early entry...would the time be a wash?

What time should we leave the Disney Springs hotel for the best shot at a good early entry placement? We only have 2 short days at WDW this trip and are a group of 10, so strategy is key, ha!

I have the same question as above - I'm very curious how rope drop works for early theme park entry for those who need to typically take buses to get to the MK. Do they actually run early enough to get you there in time?

Separate but related question - for those staying near EPCOT, will the international gateway also do early entry?

I don't have any information about Disney Springs hotels but do know the Disney Resorts run buses and Skyliner in time for those guests to arrive for early entry.

Yes, International Gateway entrance is opening in time for EE also.

Any suggestions for the best strategy for early entry at MK when staying at one of the Disney Springs Hotels (late Oct)? We will be at the B resort, which is eligible for early entry, but the website states the first bus isn't until 45 min before park opening. We were planning to just Uber to MK, but if I'm understanding correctly that we would we then be held up at the TTC with all resort guests, not just early entry...would the time be a wash?

What time should we leave the Disney Springs hotel for the best shot at a good early entry placement? We only have 2 short days at WDW this trip and are a group of 10, so strategy is key, ha!
I honestly think you should take a walk over to SSR (or uber) and then hop on their bus to MK so you are right there at the turnstiles with everyone else for early entry.

any strategies for getting on RoR at Hollywood Studios rope drop w/ early entry? we will be walking over from Swan on a Sunday morning (10/24) but wondering how early we need to arrive at the park in order to get on RoR w/out a terrible (hopefully under 40mins) wait. from what I have heard, it's about 15-20 min walk from the hotel to HS.

Just throwing this out there, would it make sense to update the thread title to Everything Early Entry and update post 1 with more info on early entry similar to what was happening for rope drop?

How is the rope drop strategy changed for offsite guests now? Is it basically pointless? Kind of how it seems

Yep... being there for "rope drop" is now practically useless unless you are staying onsite. Even if you are the first offsite guest in line when the park opens, all of the major rides already have lines built up from onsite guests.

Just throwing this out there, would it make sense to update the thread title to Everything Early Entry and update post 1 with more info on early entry similar to what was happening for rope drop?
Yep... being there for "rope drop" is now practically useless unless you are staying onsite. Even if you are the first offsite guest in line when the park opens, all of the major rides already have lines built up from onsite guests.
We will but as I'm sure you can understand, it takes time to gather enough information to know what people's experiences are to actually update the thread with valuable information. For now we are gathering data and information as early entry is new.

We will but as I'm sure you can understand, it takes time to gather enough information to know what people's experiences are to actually update the thread with valuable information. For now we are gathering data and information as early entry is new.
Thank you! I figured you were on it, but kept seeing more new posts asking about EE strategies, so thought I'd ask.

Any recent updates to how early the parking lots are open to those of us with cars at the resorts? I'm hoping to be near the front of the park next weekend for DHS and want to drive so we have somewhere to store our droids instead of carrying them all afternoon.

A new Everything Early Entry thread has been started. Please feel free to check there for information and add your personal experiences.

It's a work in progress so I'm looking to others to help fill in some of the gaps. Thanks!

As traditional 'Rope Drop' does not currently exist, this thread is being closed for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter