Engagement at Magic Kingdom

mbwplw

Earning My Ears
Our Daughter's boyfriend intends to propose during our annual Christmas Trip. In doing research it looks as though there are not a lot of good options for planning ahead if you want to do this late afternoon. The wedding/engagement site offers a professional plan but it looks like you have to do it early morning.

Does anyone know of any other options to ensure we have adequate photographer coverage? Is it just enough to ask photopass members to capture the moment?

I would just ask a photopass member to take photos. I would have him do it on Main Street. While it is beautiful in the evening with the lights of the castle lite - don't know if he wants to wait that late and Main Street will be very busy once the lights of the castle are on. If he does do it when the lights are on - have him wait until after the castle lighting ceremony and before the show on the castle - that is when Main Street will be most crowded. There are many photographers along Main Street all day long.

If he could ask her to stand in the middle of Main Street and he walks over to a photographer - if he has a few seconds he could just mention it to the photographer. Most likely there will be a line for each photographer so he might get a few seconds.

What a wonderful thing for him to do. We were married in Disney 8 years ago and it is really our magical place.

Linda

I am doing the engagement package at CRT next week. :eek: They will bring a glass slipper after the meal and say it is a special desert from the chef, that is when I am going to pop the question. Also,there is a photopass photographer part of the package. They had special ADRs for this.

I feel like I saw a section on the WDW site that helps with planning engagements, like @Stitch808 mentioned, and more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter