Menu Plan - Week of 2/28
Sunday - chicken Alfredo, asparagus
Monday - Mississippi roast, mashed potatoes, broccoli
Tuesday- Asian salad
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday - stuffed acorn squash
Friday - chicken enchilada soup
Saturday- pizza

Tomorrow we will be having a turkey breast, mashed potatoes for hubby and a veggie. The rest of the week we will be using up odds and ends that I have in the freezer. Will permeable as had every few days

here's the plan for the next three days.

tonight Turkey breast frozen veggies mashed potatoes and crescent rolls for hubby

Tomorrow sheet pan chicken and veggies- he will have some sort of rice or pasta side with this. Not going to use the avocado oil. I eat playwright don't use all of that fat.

https://jenniferbanz.com/one-pan-chicken-and-veggies
Wednesday - ham steak, cucumber salad, baked potato for hubby

Will post the rest of the week when Wednesday hits.

Last edited:
OK, we cheated a bit last week. We had to go run an errand on a weekday a bit farther from home and ended up going to one of the steak places we hardly ever go to because of the distance and it's almost impossible to get into on a Sat. night. The upside was that they had a weeknight special so it wasn't bad at all. I made the bean and cheese baked burritos on Fri. This week:

beer pork chops with cheesy broccoli casserole
Cobb salad (a little early in the year to start salads as dinner meal, but it's going to be 80 degrees this day!)
chicken patty sandwiches with gravy and fries
pizza soup
meatloaf muffins with mashed potatoes and the leftover gravy
one of the meatless dinners I planned

I am starting a new "diet" and exercise program today. I am so tired of feeling horrible. I need to take better care of myself.

Sunday/Monday: Ordering in Thai food... keeping it simple and healthy with yellow curry, rice, and sushi
Tuesday: Shrimp and veggie fried rice (to use up extra rice from the thai food as they always give you so much)
Wednesday/Thursday: Lightened up Alice Springs chicken, sweet potato, broccoli
Friday/Saturday: Teriyaki chicken, stir fried veggies, coconut ginger rice (or regular rice, we will see what energy I have)

Breakfast: Mexican breakfast bowls (eggs, hashbrowns, black beans, peppers, onions, avocado, and hot sauce with a banana if needed
Lunch: Sandwiches on whole wheat oat bread, either roast beef or chicken, swiss, tomato, lettuce, and sauce with a small serving of chips and some cottage cheese

Sunday: chicken marsala with gnocchi and roasted brussel sprouts
Monday: teriyaki salmon with broccoli and carrots in parchment paper, rice
Tuesday: spaghetti with meatballs, caesar salad
Wednesday: chicken of some sort (haven't decided yet), liked with scalloped potatoes and peas
Thursday: shrimp asparagus pasta (soooooooo tasty, even the kids love it)
Friday: flank steak with rice and green beans

lunch: salads with hardboiled eggs, tuna salad, ramen (my daughter's on a ramen kick), english muffin pizzas, yogurt. I don't always do breakfast but sometimes I'll do an egg and/or turkey sausage

So, I'm shopping tomorrow...but we finally got a date night, so we went out yesterday - yeah! It became a date night when the kids wanted Wendy's, b/c I literally can't eat anything on the menu at Wendy's (except the fruit and soda, I think), so the spouse and I used our trivia night winnings from our birthday and had a really nice outing, for the same cost as feeding the kids.

Last week, I also finally made the Safeway cioppino sauce with the Aldi wine, TONS of veg, and frozen deshelled mussels, frozen and then chopped shrimp, and canned sardines...served it over spaghetti for the fam and french bread for me, and it was a home run. I'll probably buy it again. It ultimately (b/c of the tons of veg) was a cross between a fish pasta sauce and a fish ciopinno, but so worth it:)...

Anyway, tonight we are having a roasted pork loin sliced over an Indian crockpot dahl (aka lentils) with tons of veg (onion, celery, carrot, mushroom, bell pepper, tomato, garlic and 1/2 an avocado diced b/c I found one the kids cut that wasn't gonna make it to tomorrow) over rice with blueberries and grapes. Tomorrow, we are doing scrambled eggs with sauteed veg (asapargus, bell pepper, onion, mushroom) with bacon (apparently, the oldest told me we have tons b/c if there's a dinner I keep skipping, it's this one) and strawberries. And I'll fill in the rest of my dinners here once I shop the store and my freezer (apparently, I was told to buy fish, b/c we also have a ton of meat but no fish...so that's tomorrow's plan)...

Last edited:
So, I'm shopping tomorrow...but we finally got a date night, so we went out yesterday - yeah! It became a date night when the kids wanted Wendy's, b/c I literally can't eat anything on the menu at Wendy's (except the fruit and soda, I think), so the spouse and I used our trivia night winnings from our birthday and had a really nice outing, for the same cost as feeding the kids.

Last week, I also finally made the Safeway cioppino sauce with the Aldi wine, TONS of veg, and frozen deshelled mussels, frozen and then chopped shrimp, and canned sardines...served it over spaghetti for the fam and french bread for me, and it was a home run. I'll probably buy it again. It ultimately (b/c of the tons of veg) was a cross between a fish pasta sauce and a fish ciopinno, but so worth it:)...

Anyway, tonight we are having a roasted pork loin sliced over an Indian crockpot dahl (aka lentils) with tons of veg (onion, celery, carrot, mushroom, bell pepper, tomato, garlic and 1/2 an avocado diced b/c I found one the kids cut that wasn't gonna make it to tomorrow) over rice with blueberries and grapes. Tomorrow, we are doing scrambled eggs with sauteed veg (asapargus, bell pepper, onion, mushroom) with bacon (apparently, the oldest told me we have tons b/c if there's a dinner I keep skipping, it's this one) and strawberries. And I'll fill in the rest of my dinners here once I shop the store and my freezer (apparently, I was told to buy fish, b/c we also have a ton of meat but no fish...so that's tomorrow's plan)...

Okay, so the boys conned me into fried chicken, so we'll save bacon, eggs, veg for tomorrow...here are the extra meals for the week (and the ones done)...

Done
1. Roasted pork loin over crockpot Indian dahl with veg over rice with blueberries and grapes (dahl was such a homerun, I bought 3 more seasoning packers and another bag of lentils)

To Do
2. Safeway Cheap Chicken Monday Fried Chicken, Roasted Asaparagus, Strawberries, Homemade Garlic Bread
3. Eggs with Veg Topping, Bacon, Waffles, Strawberries and Blueberries
4. Another cross between a Cioppino/Fish Pasta dish - bought another jar of sauce - this time, frozen whiting and canned chopped clams and sardines were on an amazing sale at Safeway, so some form of those 3 plus tons of veg (I have eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and tomato will go in) will go in to be served over orzo with Clementines
5. Chicken Pad Thai (somehow, we missed this last week - my girls' had to cook when I got my shingrix shot and they decided to just pick up rotisserie chickens and french bread - which is why I still had french bread for the cioppino - so I may try to get them to make this again), Green Salad with Sesame dressing
6. Homemade pizza - I bought anchovies today, so this could be a Friday option if kids want the fish pasta sooner, Fruit Smoothies
7. Out

last night was a leftover night again. only have 1 serving of turkey left. will probably pack it up for dinner tomorrow with the leftover broccoli in the fridge. i watch my two grandbabies tomorrow night. trying to eat lower in carbs so i usually make the kids something at my daughters and warm up something i packed for myself. ham steak will be tonight. tomorrow daughter is handling dinner for hubby. i then just have to worry about saturday. saturday i think i am going to make lowcarb cheeseburger pie. i am definitely in the mood for it and it makes fantastic leftovers.

This week has been rough it is my busy week at work and even though I am still working from home I have been exhausted, I have still managed to get dinner without ordering out.

Monday was Spaghetti and turkey meatballs with garlic knots
Tuesday was steak with a baked potato and corn
Last night i had chicken fettuccine alfredo with roasted broccoli
Tonight will be leftovers or I might drive through somewhere. I have a Kohls pickup order
Tomorrow the plan is breakfast for dinner
Saturday will be pork tenderloin with sweet potatoes and roasted veggies
Sunday pot roast made in the instant pot with mashed potatoes

This week has been rough it is my busy week at work and even though I am still working from home I have been exhausted, I have still managed to get dinner without ordering out.

You are so good- and now I feel guilty! OK, doing better this coming week, I promise! There was one day last week I went in at 7:00, but ended up staying till almost 6:30 because I had to wait on a shipment to be picked up (supposed to be between 10:30-1:30), and the driver kept calling to say he was later and later... I picked up Arby's which we hardly ever get so it was a nice treat at the end of a long day. I made layered enchilada black bean bake yesterday for our meatless meal. DS1 is coming to visit next weekend so I'll be making cheese quesdaillas with guacamole that Friday. I'm finding that with two of us I can stretch a lot of things out to two different meals over two weeks if I plan and store the food right.The rest of the week's plan:

meatloaf muffins with mashed potatoes & gravy (leftover gravy from the chicken sandwiches last week)
brown sugar glazed pork chops with broccoli slaw and garlic bread (have pork chops, broccoli, and bread leftover)
creamy Dijon chicken with roasted balsamic potatoes (already have the chicken and potatoes)
easy chicken parmesan (already have the chicken patties from the sandwiches last week, pasta, sauce, and cheese)
hot dogs with fruit and chips & dip

Okay, so the boys conned me into fried chicken, so we'll save bacon, eggs, veg for tomorrow...here are the extra meals for the week (and the ones done)...

Done
1. Roasted pork loin over crockpot Indian dahl with veg over rice with blueberries and grapes (dahl was such a homerun, I bought 3 more seasoning packers and another bag of lentils)

To Do
2. Safeway Cheap Chicken Monday Fried Chicken, Roasted Asaparagus, Strawberries, Homemade Garlic Bread
3. Eggs with Veg Topping, Bacon, Waffles, Strawberries and Blueberries
4. Another cross between a Cioppino/Fish Pasta dish - bought another jar of sauce - this time, frozen whiting and canned chopped clams and sardines were on an amazing sale at Safeway, so some form of those 3 plus tons of veg (I have eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and tomato will go in) will go in to be served over orzo with Clementines
5. Chicken Pad Thai (somehow, we missed this last week - my girls' had to cook when I got my shingrix shot and they decided to just pick up rotisserie chickens and french bread - which is why I still had french bread for the cioppino - so I may try to get them to make this again), Green Salad with Sesame dressing
6. Homemade pizza - I bought anchovies today, so this could be a Friday option if kids want the fish pasta sooner, Fruit Smoothies
7. Out

Okay, skipped the out day today and am making a Crockpot Korean Beef and Veg (this time with chinese cauliflower, shredded carrot, celery, bell pepper, onion, green onion, ginger, and enoki mushrooms) over rice with sliced naval oranges. So, that's last week's "day out" meal. Although, I talked about taking my spouse to trivia on Monday, so I may lay in a "cheese meal" for a 6th meal, and my spouse can take me out (or I'll scrounge for me). So, that's today, here are my other 6 meals through next Saturday (and next Saturday, my friend is cooking, so that's technically out:)). Ps - I did salmon last night vs cioppino b/c I was at Hmart for a run and fresh fish can't be beat:)...

1. BBQ Ribs (emptying my freezer), Coleslaw, Cheddar Biscuits (for the fam), Strawberries
2. Chicken Fajitas with onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and dice avocado and the fixings, Roasted Pineapple
3. Cheese Ravioli (emptying my freezer and trivia night:)), Tomato Sauce, Bluberries and Strawberries
4. Chicken and Veg Madras Curry (I have a jar to try - we've never tried this sauce type - I'll pick veg once I taste it) over Rice with Coconut stewed Pineapple and Bananas
5. Safeway Cheap Cioppino (I skipped that last week to get the fresh fish, so it's coming back here b/c I'm ready for it:)), Orzo, Clementines
6. Bag dinner or Leftover Main Dish with Homemade dairy free fresh spinach and jarred artichoke dip with chips (kids LOVED my last version - now to remember what I did b/c I pretty much took a recipe and changed 1/2 of it:)), fruit smoothies
7. Dinner at my friend's

So, another 2 weeks, and if we skip trivia, no meal out. I need to rack these up and spend them on my vacation this summer:)...but I'm leaning trivia (although even when we go to trivia, I usually do one apple cider and a basket of just fried potato chips, usually having a salad at home b/c I can't wait til 7pm to eat - aka, with allergies and illness, I'm now a cheap date:)...or a really expensive one - but at trivia, it's easier cheap:))...

Tonight: Leftover teriyaki chicken, stir fried veggies, and rice
Sunday/Monday: I am doing a Sunday Supper Club from a local restaurant. You order what you want the week before, they put it all together, and then you cook it at home with their instructions. So I got blue crab, blue corn enchiladas in a green chili cream sauce. I will serve it with roasted zucchini and a salad to stretch it into 2 meals.
Tuesday/Wednesday: Chicken and veggie red curry, rice
Thursday: Basil parmesan encrusted salmon, sweet potato
Friday/Saturday: Steak burrito bowls

Breakfast: Veggie and cheese omeletes, toast, avocado, and fruit
Lunch: Sandwiches, chips

Menu Plan Week of 3/7
Sunday - cheesy beef and cauliflower rice bake
Monday - Salmon over okra/corn melody
Tuesday- southwest chicken salad
Wednesday- tacos
Thursday - leftovers
Friday - omelettes with veggies and diced ham, spinach
Saturday- cauliflower soup

Went to the restaurant supply store today because last time we were there they had lovely wide cut fresh rice noodles. Today they were sold out. :( I'm headed to the Asian market tomorrow, because I'm really craving some fresh wide noodles. But here's the plan (I have 1 pound of Thai basil, so it's heavily Thai oriented) . .

Tonight: Pad Thai
Friday: Fried spring rolls, Drunken noodles
Saturday: Lunch-- Pad Se Ew Dinner: Eggplant parmesan, salad
Sunday: Pad pet, rice
Monday: Thai fried rice, Tom Ka Gai, pot stickers
Tuesday: Wonton soup
Wednesday: ??? Not sure but we'll be cleaning out the fridge

Had to cancel with my friend yesterday (my kids got put in quarantine thanks to a teacher, and yesterday was the last day...although that's only b/c they didn't inform us til 10 days in - yeah for timely notice), so we did doorstep Indian delivery, which was very good...

Today, I ran out for a small Hmart run, since I'll hit Safeway later this week for their $1/produce deals. In fact, this week was so great b/c both places had amazing produce deals:). Right now, here's tonight's dinner, and I'll finish the rest tomorrow...

Tonight, I bought the $1.29/lb boneless skinless chicken thighs and I used up an OLD chili jam in my fridge with some olive oil, clementine juice, and s&p, and am baking them in the oven with that marinade. We're also having the 1st-of-the-year fresh corn on the cob (40 cents/each), roasted asparagus (99 cents/lb), and sliced strawberries (1.49/quart) - ala spring on a plate for the beautiful day today:). We might get snow Tuesday, which is wild b/c we've had a beautiful week, but that day, maybe I'll do a throwback winter dish (I got okra today for 99 cents/lb, too, so maybe that will inspire me:)...

Thursday 3/4- Roasted a whole chicken in the air fryer, mac and cheese (from a box), frozen steam in the bag green beans
Friday 3/5 - ordered out Chinese
Saturday 3/6 - Spiral ham, potatoes au gratin, brussel sprouts, salad and cake for my mom’s b-day
Sunday 3/7- Used leftover chicken from Thursday to make homemade chicken chow mein over rice (also made homemade chicken noodle soup with chicken carcass)
Monday 3/8- Chicken parm pasta in the quick cooker
Tuesday 3/9 - Brown butter tortellini with ham and spinach with leftover ham from Saturday
Wednesday 3/10- homemade steak and veggie hibachi with homemade yum yum sauce
Thursday 3/11 left overs
Friday 3/12-Sunday 3/14 let's not go there
🤣
😏

Monday 3/15 - going to make a pork tenderloin rubbed with smoky applewood seasoning and green beans in the quick cooker, mashed potatoes
Tuesday 3/16 - going to make a roasted chicken - suggestions for sides anyone? I don't want to do potatoes 3 days in a row, thinking maybe rice
Wednesday 3/17 - corned beef dinner

Is your Napa Valley recipe tomato based? I just googled the name for the recipe, and got back a cream based one and a tomato based one.
Sorry, I just saw this now, I've been bad about keeping up with this. It is ketchup based. It is ketchup, diced onion, sherry cooking wine, lemon juice, sugar...can't remember if there is anything else. It doesn't taste like ketchup though, it tastes like a tomato-wine based sauce. It is definitely non dairy because I put it over tempeh for my vegan husband. I'm at work, but I'll come back and post the actual recipe.

Thursday 3/4- Roasted a whole chicken in the air fryer, mac and cheese (from a box), frozen steam in the bag green beans
Friday 3/5 - ordered out Chinese
Saturday 3/6 - Spiral ham, potatoes au gratin, brussel sprouts, salad and cake for my mom’s b-day
Sunday 3/7- Used leftover chicken from Thursday to make homemade chicken chow mein over rice (also made homemade chicken noodle soup with chicken carcass)
Monday 3/8- Chicken parm pasta in the quick cooker
Tuesday 3/9 - Brown butter tortellini with ham and spinach with leftover ham from Saturday
Wednesday 3/10- homemade steak and veggie hibachi with homemade yum yum sauce
Thursday 3/11 left overs
Friday 3/12-Sunday 3/14 let's not go there
🤣
😏

Monday 3/15 - going to make a pork tenderloin rubbed with smoky applewood seasoning and green beans in the quick cooker, mashed potatoes
Tuesday 3/16 - going to make a roasted chicken - suggestions for sides anyone? I don't want to do potatoes 3 days in a row, thinking maybe rice
Wednesday 3/17 - corned beef dinner

I like a fresh bread or a biscuit with roast chicken as "my carb" and then I add a fruit and veg. Another option is to take it to Thanksgiving and do stuffing or sweet potatoes:)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter