• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eat at Home 3!

New here but you guys have a lot more variation in your menus than we usually do we generally make a huge pot of stew, a pasta bake and a couple of stir frys during the week and steam veggies/rice as needed in the instant pot. Breakfast is usually oatmeal with choice of toppings I prefer dried fruits like cranberries and rasins others add nutella or maple syrup.

Gonna be hitting my friends' house tomorrow, not today (thanks ice), so I'll start a 7 day meal plan today (since I now need to cook today) and just skip her meal tomorrow.

It's Lent this week, so I have 2 meatless meals...

1. (Tonight, since I wasn't planning to cook - here's the bag meal) - Aldi's Gluten Free General Tso's Chicken bites, Homemade Coleslaw, Double Blueberry Muffins, Diced Pineapple
2. Meatless 1 - Homemade Pizzas - Anchovies (got just for this)/Onions/Peppers/Mushrooms/Dairy free and Reg Mozz/4 Cheese Italian Blend/Parm, Sliced Strawberries and Blueberries
3. Meatless 2 - Homemade Crab Cakes, Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup (gonna try this recipe and adjust as I want - I already know I'm gonna add 1/2 jar of roasted red peppers to get rid of them and add flavor - https://www.veggieinspired.com/creamy-tomato-soup/), Homemade Garlic Bread for dipping
4. BLTAs, Bagged Baked French Fries, Sliced Apples and Pears
5. BBQ Pork Tenderloin, Italian Pasta Salad with Roasted Veg (Onions/Peppers/Zucchini) and Fresh Tomatoes, More Strawberries
6. Leftovers or Tacos, Fruit Salad or Smoothies
7. Out (we didn't go out this weekend b/c we always celebrate Valentine's when it's cheaper - aka, the weekend afterwards:))

Saturday: Maple glazed salmon and sweet potato
Sunday/Monday: Teriyaki pork, rice, and roasted zucchini
Tuesday/Wednesday: Kung Pao chicken noodle bowl
Thursday/Friday: Ordering in KFC on Thursday because it is my BIRTHDAY!!!

Breakfast: Loaded hashbrowns, eggs, and an apple
Lunch: Half ham bagel sandwich, yogurt

I also got myself a chocolate cake and some vanilla ice cream cause birthday.

Happy Birthday early!! @LilyWDW Everyone should cake on their bday!

I'm still here. I'm still cooking. Sadly I'm finding I enjoy our meals in more than I'm enjoying eating out. I crave things like Culvers/5 Guys
and preferring more and more our meals at home, which is good and stinks lol I have 2 meatless meals this week with Lent starting Wed so I know what I'm eating Wed/Friday We are also not supposed to be here Thur/Fri but it is going to dump ton more snow so I can't see us going up North to Michigan but will see.

I don't have meals in particular order. I know tonight is homemade nacho bar with leftover carnitas and I'll grill up chicken breast and super ripe peppers and onions.

Tomorrow is Valentines day: Ribs, coleslaw, green beans (we are doing a nice brunch for our valentines meal) before drops more snow, bleh
Monday: Gyro salads, homemade tzatziki, naan and fresh fruit
Tuesday: Roasted chicken, sweet potatoes and asparagus
Wednesday: Spicy Catfish, coleslaw, french fries
Thursday: Perogies, smoked sausage and green beans (meal from couple weeks ago still not used)
Friday: Fake sushi stack: (cooked brown rice, shredded cucumber /avocado, with "crab" and some diced shrimp and topped with soy and siracha(skinny taste website in case anyone wants the recipe) with some garlic noodles

We didn't have the soup tonight so I am going to move it up to Monday. Tonight husband had chicken sandwiches made with the last of the aldis red bag chicken and the last of the rice. I had the last of the baked boneless chicken breast steamed broccoli and a little cauliflower Alfredo sauce.

Tomorrow we are having steak and crab cakes in the freezer along with a salad and a baked potato for my husband. So I'll start my week monday.

1. Baked pork chops, mashed potatoes for hubby, cucumber salad
2. Teriyaki chicken and rice casserole for hubby. Chicken stir fry with broccoli peppers onions and mushrooms and sugar free teriyaki sace.
3. French onion chicken, rice for hubby, steamable frozen veggies
4. Breakfast for dinner
5. Leftovers
6. Leftovers
7.leftovers

Last night we had steak cucumber salad and he had a baked potato. Tonight we are having the porkchops. We still have the crab cakes. Will add them to the menu next week for hubby to eat.

Lily-how was your birthday!! menus

Thank you for posting those menus!! Love the ideas!!

Have not posted in a while but still planning meals as it makes life so much easier -
Wednesday- eggs, spinach, sausage and grits
Thursday- ham and 15 bean soup
Friday - pot roast with carrots / potatoes
Saturday - roast chicken, sweet potatoes and green beans

I haven't posted in a while either, but we've been eating at home 6 days a week besides our Sat. take out night. Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day! I asked DH what he wanted me to make and he requested my baked spaghetti. I made that with garlic bread and picked up cannolis from a local bakery as a treat- he loves those things! I made spicy saucy turkey breasts with corn on the cob and cornbread Mon., gumbo on Tue., DS came over Wed. and I made cheese enchiladas, Thu. I had a long day at work so we ate the rest of the baked spaghetti, and yesterday I made 4 cheese pierogies with spinach. When I went shopping yesterday I picked up pretty much everything I'll need for meatless Friday's through Easter, so I can pick which to make any given Friday. My choices are:

tortellini alfredo with spinach
cheese quesdaillas with guacamole
black bean enchilada bake
baked refried bean and cheese burritos
veggie pizza
tuna "burgers"

Next week's menu:

chicken patty sandwiches with fries
antipasto subs with chips
garlic pork chops with peas & carrots and cornbread
taco noodle casserole
Thai chicken wraps with broccoli

Okay, so we're eating out on Sunday, not Saturday (if we don't eat out tomorrow, my kid will shoot me b/c we still haven't eat out since the 1st weekend of Feb), so I'll list 6 meals and my eat out day:)...

I shopped on Wednesday b/c we were worried about snow, so I have half my groceries for the week. I'll be using those and then planning more (there are 2 meatless meals b/c I'm planning one early and then one for Friday just b/c shrimp has been so cheap, and I love fish:))...and there's a meal my girls asked to make, so we'll do it:)...

I'm a little tired, and it's Saturday, so even though we had crab cakes yesterday, we're gonna splurge with NY strips tonight...with a ton of cheap sides so the kids are full at 2lbs of steak, and not more:)...

Tonight - NY strip steak with carmelized onions, dairy-free mashed potatoes, "fancy" roasted green beans (Aldi's called them that in their ad - they are haricorts vert) with roasted mushrooms and fried onions, fresh pineapple and cherry upside down crisp,

Rest of the week
1. Chicken Pad Thai (girls' meal - they'll use what they want), Mandarin Oranges
2. Shrimp and Veg Thai Green Curry (green papaya, shredded carrots, onions, bell peppers, pineapple, tomatoes) over Rice, Strawberries
3. Pork Egg Rolls Bowls (cabbage, last of shredded carrot, green onions, last of bell peppers) with wonton chips over rice, fresh pineapple
4. Jamaican Jerk Marinated Baked Chicken, Sweet Potato Fries, Homemade "Fried" Pears and Apples, Crescent Rolls
5. "Poor Man's" Ciopinno with Canned Safeway Sauce, Bad Wine (Aldi's $2.95/bottle), Veg (Tomato, Onion, Canned Bell Peppers, Celery, Carrot) and Frozen/Canned Fish (Frozen deshelled Mussels, Frozen Shrimp, maybe Canned Clams) - this will probably be Lenten Friday, so if it's a fail, it's a sacrifice - I'll make Orzo and Bread (giving kids options on what to "mop up" the pan with) and Green Salad to keep the rest of dinner uber-cheap
6. And our Out night...finally!

Last edited:
Tonight - NY strip steak with carmelized onions, dairy-free mashed potatoes, "fancy" roasted green beans (Aldi's called them that in their ad - they are haricorts vert) with roasted mushrooms and fried onions, fresh pineapple and cherry upside down crisp,

Man... I am JEALOUS of that menu. It sounds so good!

Tonight/Sunday: Spaghetti with meatballs, broccoli (making extra meatballs to freeze)
Monday/Tuesday: Ribeye roast, corn casserole, twice baked potatoes (this is my late bday dinner with my friend)
Wednesday - Friday: Slow cooker chicken and dumplings

Breakfast: Egg sandwiches with american cheese and canadian bacon, and an apple
Lunch: Soup with rolls and yogurt

Tonight we are having leftovers. I'm going to have chicken salad he is going to have beef barley soup. Didn't use the chicken teriyaki stir fry casserole this past or the chicken dish i planned. Going to move it to this coming weeks menu. Going to make 4 things and then eat the leftovers another night. Hubby asked for beef stew. Figured I would have him eat it twice and then freeze it for another meal. Here is my plan.

1. low carb Swedish meatballs broccoli egg noodles for hubby
2. chicken teriyaki and rice stir fry casserole for him. Chicken stir fry with sugar free teriyaki sauce for me (no rice just veggies and chicken).
3. Crockpot Beef stew for hubby left overs for me.
4. low carb cheeseburger pie steamed green beans
Day 5 ,6 and 7 leftovers.

limiting grocery spending to no more than $30 a week. Trying to use up stuff in my freezers and pantry. Do not see spending $30 but I have that limit just in case.

Happy Birthday early!! @LilyWDW Everyone should cake on their bday!

I'm still here. I'm still cooking. Sadly I'm finding I enjoy our meals in more than I'm enjoying eating out. I crave things like Culvers/5 Guys
and preferring more and more our meals at home, which is good and stinks lol I have 2 meatless meals this week with Lent starting Wed so I know what I'm eating Wed/Friday We are also not supposed to be here Thur/Fri but it is going to dump ton more snow so I can't see us going up North to Michigan but will see.

I don't have meals in particular order. I know tonight is homemade nacho bar with leftover carnitas and I'll grill up chicken breast and super ripe peppers and onions.

Tomorrow is Valentines day: Ribs, coleslaw, green beans (we are doing a nice brunch for our valentines meal) before drops more snow, bleh
Monday: Gyro salads, homemade tzatziki, naan and fresh fruit
Tuesday: Roasted chicken, sweet potatoes and asparagus
Wednesday: Spicy Catfish, coleslaw, french fries
Thursday: Perogies, smoked sausage and green beans (meal from couple weeks ago still not used)
Friday: Fake sushi stack: (cooked brown rice, shredded cucumber /avocado, with "crab" and some diced shrimp and topped with soy and siracha(skinny taste website in case anyone wants the recipe) with some garlic noodles

Well I didn't stick to my dinner plans at all this past week. I did cook dinner just not the meals intended. The snow, so much snow, and family problems and just lot going on in my head and heart. It was comfort food week. This past week's menus:

Sunday (Valentine's day): Ribs, coleslaw, cauliflower
Monday: Perogies, smoked sausage, green beans with a greek yogurt sauce
Tuesday: Defrosted chili and baked potatoes with fruit salad
Wednesday: Coconut shrimp, asparagus, tropical fruit rice
Thursday: Dorito Casserole with cauliflower
Friday: Church Dinner
Saturday: Leftovers

Sunday (today): Chicken tender salads
Monday: Gyros, naan, tzatziki and sweet potato fries
Tuesday: Fake sushi stacks, garlic noodles and roasted broccoli
Wednesday: BLTAs and fruit
Thursday: Honey garlic pork chops, roasted veggies
Friday: Spicy catfish, coleslaw and fries
Saturday: Up to my inlaws (I'll be bringing couple casseroles. My SIL has 4 kids under 5 and always welcomes food lol)

A friend of mine wanted me to meet her at a restaurant last night. Instead took out the stir fry from the freezer . i had a salad . both she and hubby had that for dinner. Ifneed be i will add the french onion chicken to the menu and or breakfast for dinner if we run out of leftovers.

Here's my plan. Lots of corned beef on it since I corned the whole flat end of a brisket (10 pounds). I used 2 recipes--a 5 day brine to have on Monday, and a 10 day brine for Saturday. I also made tallow with the fat from the point end, and I cut the point end into stew meat and froze it. Yes, we are having fries made in beef tallow someday in the future, back like in the early days of McDonald's or like a good Belgian restaurant.

Today: NY strip steak, salad, baked sweet potato
Monday: New England boiled dinner
Tuesday: Korean glass noodles w/veggies (japchae), stir fried spicy pork, marinated spinach, and kimchi
Wednesday: Reuben sandwiches, chips, raw veggies and homemade blue cheese dressing
Thursday: Buffalo wings, raw veggies w/leftover blue cheese dressing
Friday: Whole trout broiled like branzini, broccoli, rice pilaf
Saturday: New England boiled dinner (again . . . second 5 pounds of beef brisket on a less salty but slower brine. Plan to make lots of sandwiches and hash out of this)

doing good with using stuff up and sticking somewhat to my meal plan. the teriyaki chicken stir fry casserole is gone. I made the swedish meatballs . I was hoping for leftovers for that . didnt happen. Husband inhaled 3/4 of the pan. made the beef stew in the crock pot yesterday. hubby will have leftovers for one more night this week and then the rest is going in the freezer. last night i found some marinated chicken thighs in the freezer. i baked them for my dinner. cant have the stew because of the potatoes and i am doing low carb. tonight is a leftover night. hubby will be eating the last of the beef barley soup. i will make a salad with one of the thighs, some lettuce and cucumber i have in the fridge and use the last of the asian peanut dressing i made. i have enough chicken for one more meal after tonight. honestly hope i find some more of that chicken buried in the freezer.

Tiny change of plans. I am going to extend the leftovers of the roast dinner one more night. I have half a twice baked potato (forgot how filling they are), a ton of corn casserole, and a decent amount of meat left. So the slow cooker chicken and dumplings will get pushed back to Thursday through Saturday. I am just trying to get better at not wasting food.

I love seeing everyone's menus it helps inspire me. I am doing good with the eating at home, except tonight. I logged off of work early as I had a killer migraine. I ended up taking a nap and when I got up at 7 pm I was in no mood to cook, so I ordered Panera using a gift card. I had such a craving for fresh bread and chicken noodle soup. Last night I made a hug tray of roasted veggies and chicken tenders, so I used that for a chicken teriyaki rice bowl. Sunday i used up some leftover roasted chicken and made chicken paprika with salad.

My other ideas this week as I am trying for the next 2 weeks to clean out my pantry, fridge and freezer

Oven baked cheesy Italian sausage with pasta and salad
Buffalo chicken pizza
Greek chicken with Mediterranean Cous Cous Salad and roasted veggies
Leftovers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter