Eat at Home 3!

Monday: Soft tacos with beans and rice
Tuesday: Air fried shrimp and french fries
Wednesday: Frozen Pizza
Thursday: grilled chicken and vegetables
Friday: take-out (every Friday since it's less than an hour between school dismissal and oldest child's extracurricular)
Saturday: toasted ravioli and pasta with marinara
Sunday: Grilled chicken and vegetables (extra chicken will be grilled to use in recipes for the following week)

So, weather is ruining the "going out for birthday" plans for this weekend...sigh, 2 weeks in a row and no cooking breaks, but we will celebrate this birthday:). Anyway, b/c weather is coming, I got all my weekly shopping done, so I have plans and here they are:)...

1. Crockpot "Buffalo Wing" Chicken Sandwiches (Thighs, Onion, Celery, Carrot, Hot Wing sauce all shredded) with Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing, Roasted Cauliflower with Hot Wing Sauce, Green and Red Grapes
2. Birthday Dinner - Make Your Own Beef Nachos (Taco Ground Meat, Refried Beans, Cheese, Homemade Guac, Salsa, Vegan and Normal Sour Cream, Lettuce, Cilantro), Sliced Oranges, Agua De Tuna (I got prickly pears today, so I'm gonna make this as an extra birthday treat - https://dorastable.com/agua-de-tuna-prickly-pear-juice/ (I've never eaten them, but what the hey:))
3. Honey Mustard Baked Chicken, Duck Fat Roasted Potatoes, Honey Mustard Roasted Broccoli, Sliced Apples
4. BBQ Pork Tenderloin, Kale Salad Bag, More Red and Green Grapes, Apple Cinnamon Muffins
5. Homemade Chicken Fried Rice, Homemade Baba Ghanouj with Celery/Carrots/Chips, Persimmon Apple Crisp
6. Leftovers or order in (if my kids are melting down from eating in all the time, I'll probably order Domino's here)
7. Birthday outing

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I've been under the weather lately. I'm all honesty not in the mood to cook at all but I know doing so will save money in the long run . Also being lazy as I am not in the mood to meal plan. Tonight was a fend for yourself night. We grabbed random leftovers out of the fridge.
Homemade sauce meatballs Italian sausage pasta for him zoodles for me
Pork chops rice or noodles side veggie from freezer
Ham steak left over rice or noodles side for him veggie from freezer
Stuffed chicken in the air fryer rice veggie from freezer veggie burgers for me
Breakfast for dinner
Chicken teriyaki stir fry casserole

We are at the point where we keep a monthly menu on the fridge. We can switch around days if we feel like something else but we keep dinners with similar ingredients together so there is less food waste (fried rice and pulled pork both use coleslaw mix).
Mon - chicken, and potatoes with roasted turnips
Tues - green tomato soup with grilled cheese
Wed - chili on rice side of guac
Thurs - salmon patties on rice side of guac
Friday - soup night (take your pick from freezer or ramen and spinach)

Monday- BLT’s and fries
Tuesday- fish tacos
Wednesday- fried chicken, mash potatoes n gravy ,corn and salad
Thursday- ?
Friday- ?
Saturday- ?
Sunday- dominos pizza and I’m making hot wings

I'm not staying that great on meal planning because life is happening but still cooking at home so that something.

Friday: Red enchiladas, black beans and rice, guac and fresh on side
Saturday: Crockpot ham, roasted potatoes and mixed veggies and some fruit
Sunday: Chicken drumsticks with jerk glaze, coconut pineapple rice, and roasted brussel sprouts and apples
Monday: Fish tacos, coleslaw, fresh mango and avocado
Tuesday: Chicken brats with peppers and onions in crockpot with garlic oil and parmesan coated cauliflower
Wednesday: Homemade burgers and fries
Thursday: Pierogis, smoked sausage with garlic green beans
Friday: Homemade pizza and salad
Saturday: Soup
Sunday: Football food (crockpot buffalo chicken, meatballs, spinach dip, fruits and veggies)

Saturday: Ham and cheese sandwich
Sunday/Tuesday/Wednesday: Beef and mushroom stroganoff, steamed broccoli
Monday: So I was supposed to go to Walmart with my best friend to stock up on some stuff, thus had planned to pick food up. Friend had to cancel at the last minute because she was sick. I ended up ordering in food.
Thursday/Friday: Veggie pizza and salad

Breakfast is eggs, toast, sausage, mushrooms, and beans
Lunch is ham and swiss sliders and carrots and cheery tomatoes with ranch

Hello all. Work was crazy busy the last few weeks and coming up with dinners felt exhausting. I still ate at home but it was uninspiring. So here is the plan for this week

Last night was a big tossed salad with leftover chicken
Tonight I had a small steak with roasted potatoes and broccoli

My other ideas are
Spaghetti squash with sweet Italian chicken sausage and salad
Apple cider beef stew over noodles
Buffalo chicken pizza
Leftover night

Hi everyone! Had a bad last three days. We ate out and I have been way off of my diet. Tomorrow we my husband and I will be going to my aunt's and uncle's house for Superbowl. we will not be ordering out tommorrow. I will be bringing home!are banana pudding. It will just be the four of us. Not a huge get together due to covid. I am giving myself tomorrow to cheat but Monday I will be back on my eating plan.
I've already started meal preppring. I am going to do the older version of South beach diet. Today I made a egg bake-4 eggs, a cup of egg whites, and veggies I had in the fridge. I also made deviled eggs for some snacks and am soaking some dried black beans to make black bean soup tomorrow. Will post my menu for the week tomorrow. No more laziness and eating out!!

Yesterday: Pan fried parmesan tilapia, roasted zucchini, pasta with butter and parm
Today (Sunday)/Tuesday: Chicken and veggie coconut curry, rice... maybe some naan or rotti
Monday: I will either pick something up or have a frozen meal. Going out with a friend to do a stock up trip to Walmart (was supposed to happen last week but she got sick).
Wednesday-Friday: Cheeseburgers, fries, salad

Breakfast: Hashbrowns with mushrooms, peppers, and onion with an egg, banana
Lunch: Avocado toast with an egg, yogurt

Yesterday: Pan fried parmesan tilapia, roasted zucchini, pasta with butter and parm
Today (Sunday)/Tuesday: Chicken and veggie coconut curry, rice... maybe some naan or rotti
Monday: I will either pick something up or have a frozen meal. Going out with a friend to do a stock up trip to Walmart (was supposed to happen last week but she got sick).
Wednesday-Friday: Cheeseburgers, fries, salad

Breakfast: Hashbrowns with mushrooms, peppers, and onion with an egg, banana
Lunch: Avocado toast with an egg, yogurt
Lily,
I like how you jus planned a few days at a time. I think I am going to copy that!!! Sometimes we have so many leftovers that we eat them a few days. Love your menu! The curry and the tilapia sound fantastic!!!

I haven't posted in a really, really long time (like years). We went to HHI the first week of January. I am trying to do Weight Watchers again, so meal planning is a must so I can stay on track. This is what we ate 1/10-1/17:

Sunday - Roasted chicken (made in rotisserie), mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts
Monday - Beef with broccoli over brown rice https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a8459/jadens-beef-with-broccoli/
Tuesday - Pioneer Woman Cajun Chicken pasta (made with whole wheat pasta instead white) https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a10338/cajun-chicken-pasta/
Wednesday - Roasted Greek style chicken and vegetables, served with millet https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/recipe/roasted-greek-style-chicken-and-vegetables/5626a63ff79cf9120df3b60a
Thursday - ate out, just my daughter and I
Friday - Pampered Chef General Tso Stir Fry, brown rice https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/blattig/recipe/Main+Dishes/30+Minutes+or+Less/General+Tso+Chicken+Stir-Fry/1500003
Saturday - pork tenderloin, green beans, acorn squash, homemade sweet potato fries (I seasoned the pork with smoked Applewood seasoning, seared it for a couple minutes on all sides, added a splash of broth and some fresh cut green beans and cooked it in the quick cooker on the beef/pork setting for 8 minutes)
Sunday - turkey burger, homemade fries, salad

I will post what we had this past week and then maybe I can start posting what I plan on having, lol
The weight watchers chicken looks.fantastic!! So does the Cajun chicken pasta. Love the new meals ideas. Going to definitely make the we chicken. The Cajun chicken pasta would be fantastic for a girls lunch I would like to have when this vivid mess calms down.

thank you everyone for posting!! Love all of your menus!! I am getting some great ideas.

Okay, so another week and another plan...again, now putting numbered days, b/c this is easier for me to just pick and choose based on how I'm feeling...(changed super bowl plan to later chili/wings and different food tonight b/c I want the fish:))...

1. Fresh baked salmon with honey dijon sauce, bakery pretzel bites with same sauce, clementines and grapes
2. Homemade pizzas (dairy and dairy free) on Brooklyn Bred crust (great sale - 1st time I'm trying it) - toppings - roasted onion, roasted peppers, bacon bits, BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, cheese and fake cheese, pineapple, ham - green salad, sliced plums
3. Black bean, pumpkin, and sweet potato vegan chili with tortilla chips/diced avocado/ fake and real sour cream/cheese for toppings, banana chocolate chip homemade muffins
4. Egg roll bowls with ground pork, coleslaw mix, more grated carrots, spinach, wonton crisp topping, and the sauce over microwave rice bags, pineapple and banana in coconut milk
5. Aldi's Gluten Free General Tso's chicken bites, eggplant/onion/pepper stir fry, more rice bags
6. Friend hosting us for pre-valentine dinner (we bring the homemade beer)
7. Leftovers or "Something on a bun" with fruit salad and fry bag

No eating out this week b/c we won't pay the Valentine premium next weekend...so we may go double the following week (or somewhere "nicer" than normal)...

Lily,
I like how you jus planned a few days at a time. I think I am going to copy that!!! Sometimes we have so many leftovers that we eat them a few days. Love your menu! The curry and the tilapia sound fantastic!!!
Thank you.

It's just me that I cook for and due to my health issues, I don't want to have to cook every night. I simply don't have the energy for it! So I always plan meals around how many days it will cover and slip them into my week. I usually do fish on Saturdays and a big meal on Sundays that will cover multiple days. Then whatever needs to be done. I keep it simple. Otherwise I will end up ordering in because I don't have the energy or time.

back on my diet. Just going to post the next few days of meals. Twomisfits I'm going to number my meals too. Just doing a couple of days and will post again.

1. loin porkchops in the air fryer with a spice rub, veggies from the freezer, rice or.potatoes for hubby

2. Breakfast for dinner- omlettes with veggies and low fat cheese, breakfast sausage and hashbrowns for him.

3. Burgers, lettuce bun and veggis on my burger for me, fries in air fryer for him
https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/low-carb-steakhouse-burger-recipe-keto/
4. ham steak, veggies from freezer, rice for hubby

Last edited:
added hamsteak as we are having that tonight. we had porkchops last night. ive looking at other areas of this board and found some great stuff. there is an area with recipes. i found disney recipes, crockpot, and recipes for everything you can imagine. also found a weightloss and exercise area that i am now posting on in these boards. i used to post on other weight loss boards but a lot of people on there do strict keto. wanted to avoid getting blasted for doing something different. I believe the weightloss stuff in the wish area of these boards. the recipes have their own section here.

planning on a trip to universal possibly in 2022 with my husband, daughter, and two grandchildren. need to stay on budget with food and not eat out to pay for it. :) also would like to get leaner and thinner before my trip. hope everyone is having a good day. keep those menus coming! i love the new ideas!!

Been doing good around here with sticking to my meal plan. Here is what i had this week and here is what is planned

Sunday I did ribs with sweet potatoes
Monday was Apple Cider beef stew i made in the Instant pot
Tuesday was Chicken Fajitas
Tonight I made French dip sandwiches and fries in the air fryer
Tomorrow is my birthday and my Aunt and Uncle are bringing over dinner
Friday pulled pork sliders with chips and fruit salad
Saturday Roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and glazed carrots

Well we did terrible this past week. Ate out too much, and did not make good choices.

This coming week:
Saturday - Moroccan chicken and jasmati rice
Sunday - our tradition is spaghetti and meatballs and we watch Lady and the Tramp
Monday - fiesta chicken casserole
Tuesday - brats and german potato salad
Wednesday - pizza casserole
Thursday - tacos
Friday - grocery day, so I will decide then.

posting menu for tonight and tomorrow. going to look and see what i have in the freezers either tonight or tomorrow and going to make a plan for the next few days.

tonight baked chicken breast, rice for hubby and steamed green beans
tommorow salad with black bean soup for me and beef barley soup for husband

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter