Eat at Home 3!

It's my one day at a time plan this week:).

Today, I'm doing another crockpot Korean Beef and Veg stew over rice with sliced naval oranges. This stew's veg is a little different with 1/2 bag bean sprouts, chinese cauliflower, king oyster mushrooms, green onion, regular onion, and minced ginger. I also added a little extra galbi marinade (about 1/4 cup) from a bottle (over and above what the beef comes marinaded in), since I've got such earthy veg and wanted to keep the slight sweetness. And if you guessed all the veg were on sale at Hmart, you'd be a winner:)...

Edit to Add: Tonight, I decided to finally try out the boneless duck breast I got from Aldi. I used a maple sugar sprinkle (after rendering the skin) and am now roasting it. I'm having duck fat and maple sugar mashed sweet potatoes with roasted green beans and sliced strawberries as the rest of dinner. As I told the kids, we don't have a ton of duck and it wasn't fully unfrozen, so this will be Tuesday duck...then again, for as little as I paid for 2lbs of boneless duck breast, it's gonna be pretty dang great for Tuesday duck (I can feed 6 for the price of 1 in a restaurant:)...

PS - Each veg cost me a $1.50 (last week 3lbs of sweet potato for $1.49 Aldi deal, $1.49/lb fresh green beans, and $1.49 for the strawberries again:))...the maple sugar has been in my house for a year, and everything else is the duck fat or OO, so it's about $25-$30 total for duck breast plates for 6...I was originally gonna make an orange sauce, but the maple sugar was just too good and too old to pass on:)...

2nd edit: Tomorrow, we are doing something I've never done before - gonna do a creole bowl, since I have the huge bag of fresh okra. I'm gonna make grits for the bottom, then this recipe https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/corn-okra-creole/, and then I'll have some container pork BBQ (need to use it), bacon (need to use it), and cheese (for the kids) to top as well. And I'll have some fresh pineapple on the side:)...PS - I think grilled shrimp would go better on top, but I need to use the BBQ (I may try this again on a Lenten Friday if it's a hit and okra goes on a huge sale again)...

Last edited:
Saturday: Ate out at Red Lobster because I was out of town on a day trip with a couple friends and that was one of the few places we could all eat.
Sunday-Tuesday: Japanese Hamburg Steak with sauce, rice, and carrots (Tuesday will be broccoli because I ate all the carrots oops)
Wednesday-Thursday: Frozen shrimp scampi with roasted asparagus
Friday: Frozen palak paneer with rice and a mini naan

Breakfast: Sandwich with eggs, avocado, ham, and cheese
Lunch: I am eating out of the pantry/freezer/fridge. No plans. Just what I find and feel like.

Tomorrow we have fresh eggs and toast for breakfast, leftover salad, wings and pickled veggies for lunch. Then I'll make unstuffed cabbage roll casserole for dinner. Unsure about Sunday.

Okay, a new week and a new menu:)...

1. Baked Lemon Dill Fresh Salmon Filets, White Wine Vinegar and Dill Cucumber Salad, Sliced Strawberries, Crescent Rolls
2. Aldi's General Tso's Chicken, Mom's Potato Salad (Bacon, Bell Pepper, Celery, Onion, S&P, and Mayo), Sliced Pineapple and Navel Oranges
3. (Vaccine 2nd Day Plan - aka, 24 hours after the shot) - Baked Chicken Breast (choose your own sauce - BBQ, Hot Wing, Yum Yum, or Plain), Trader Joe's Fried Rice or Bagged Plain White Rice, Sliced Apples and Bananas (aka - sick person food dinner)
4. DF Indian Butter Chicken with Veg (Zucchini, Onion, Bell Pepper, Canned Chickpeas) over Rice, Sliced Strawberries and Blueberries
5. Spaghetti with Clam Sauce (Wine based), Green Salad, Fruit Salad
6. Leftovers or Kids Cook
7. Birthday Dinner Out - Kid chose Outback Steakhouse

The plan for the week...

Breakfast: Loaded hashbrowns - this contain hashbrowns, onions, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, eggs, and egg whites. Will top with avocado and hot sauce.

Lunch: Sandwiches with popcorn or fruit. I have turkey and white cheddar for clubs (bacon in the freezer that I can pull out the morning of) along with the stuff for making tuna salad.

Dinners:
Saturday-Monday: Corned beef, mashed potatoes, and roasted cabbage
Tuesday/Wednesday: Gungjung Tteokbokki (no meat and I will add cabbage to bulk it up)
Thursday/Friday: Taco salad with iceburg lettuce, ground chicken mixed with seasoning/peppers/onions/green chilies, black beans, corn, avocado, salsa, sour cream, and maybe cheese (depends on calories for the day)

I am 4 weeks into calorie counting and working out again. I have not weighed myself in 2 weeks and will do so tomorrow. I did just drop my calories by another 100 for this week though.

Hi everyone,

It's been hit and miss for posting but I'm still cooking. Things likely getting interesting here at home soon and I'll have to really do some meal planning. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it but will manage.

Saturday: Pasta bake and veggies
Sunday: Leftovers/clean out fridge
Monday: Pork loin, roasted brussel sprouts and potatoes
Tuesday: Gyros, mini tots, mini naan, fruit
Wednesday: Turkey veggie sloppy joes with sweet potato fries
Thursday: Baked crispy chicken breast parm with zucchini noodles and salad
Friday: Grilled shrimp, coconut cilantro rice, steamed broccoli
Saturday: Green chile enchiladas, rice, beans and things
Sunday: BBQ ribs, corn salad, green beans

Is your Napa Valley recipe tomato based? I just googled the name for the recipe, and got back a cream based one and a tomato based one.

I finally remembered to look at the recipe:

Napa Valley Chicken - serves 4

1 lb chicken (I use boneless breast, but my husband's grandma would use cut up bone in chicken)
1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp salt
pinch pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp oil

Sauce ingredients
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup sherry wine
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 minced onion
1 tbsp worsteshire
1 tbsp sugar

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix flour, salt, pepper and paprika. Heat oil & butter over medium heat. Dip chicken into flour mixture and fry chicken until lightly browned. Place chicken in a casserole dish. Combine sauce ingredients and pour over chicken in the casserole dish. Cover casserole dish and bake for 1.5 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles.

Question: Are we allowed to include recipe links for the recipes we share? If not, I will remove them.

Here's my plan for the week with recipe links:
Sunday 3/21 Reuben Braid, Homemade Air Fryer Fries, Caesar Salad https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/.../corned-beef...
Monday 3/22 Quick Cooker Carnitas https://www.pamperedchef.com/.../Quick+Cooker.../1431860
Tuesday 3/23 One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese https://damndelicious.net/.../15/one-pot-chili-mac-cheese/
Wednesday 3/24 Shrimp and Grits in the Quick Cooker https://www.pamperedchef.com/.../Quick+Cooker.../1658044
Thursday 3/25 Skillet Chicken with Light Bacon Cream Sauce, whole wheat penne, roasted broccoli
https://tso.tastefullysimple.com/.../skillet-chicken-with...
Friday 3/26 takeout?
Saturday 3/27 Turkey dinner - 19 lb turkey already moved to the fridge earlier in the week, there’s no going back now!

Another week, another menu:). My friend is hosting Saturday, so this will be a 6 meal week. Also, I bought and am making the "holiday" ham today b/c we get ham for the season without me working on Easter:)...

(1.) Today - Maple Brown Sugar Glazed Ham (crockpot), Pineapple Kiwi Coconut Crisp, Sliced Oranges, Fresh French Bread
(2.) Tomorrow (Monday) - Lemon Dill Baked Fresh Salmon Filet, Tomato Avocado Salad, Sliced Kiwi, Fresh Italian Bread
(3.) Ham Part 2 (served as is), Poppyseed Salad Bag, Fresh Pineapple, Homemade Honey Corn Bread
(4.) Ham Part 3 - Western Scrambled Eggs (Ham, Onion, Bell Pepper, Mushroom - Cheese for the Desiring), Baked Tater Tots, Fried Apples
(5.) Ham Part 4 (the bone) - Crockpot Lentils (Ham Bone, Celery, Carrot, Onion, Bell Pepper), White Rice, Green Salad
6. (Friday - Meatless) - Apps - Smoked Salmon on Mini Bagels, Deviled Eggs (we're dying eggs on Friday, so it's easy to boil extra), Fruit Skewers, Roasted Green Beans with Lemon Aioli Dip

Breakfast: Egg sandwiches with chicken sausage and american cheese on english muffins

Lunch: Sandwiches or whatever I pull from the fridge/freezer/pantry

Dinners:
Saturday-Tuesday: Cheeseburgers, fries, and salad
Wednesday: Frozen chicken pot pie
Thursday/Friday: Alice springs chicken, half a baked potato, and roasted asparagus

Hi ya'll,

We are a hot mess in this house lately but still trying to cook at least. I have a few meals to pull over from last week if wanted and I'm trying to meal prep for being gone next week and leaving my husband some meals.

Sunday: Shredded buffalo chicken sandwiches, homemade bleu cheese sauce, roasted cauliflower, baked potato halves and baby carrots
Monday: Dinner out (bad choice blah)
Tuesday: Shrimp tacos with coleslaw, fresh fruit on the side
Wednesday: Skinny taste bahn mi rice bowls (pork tenderloin cooked in the crock pot with sauce and spices, topped with quick pickled veggies, some shredded cabbage all on top brown rice)
Thursday: Ham dinner (leftovers used up to make breakfast burritos and casseroles for the freezer)
Friday: Beer battered fish, fries, and whatever else
Saturday: Probably out or grilled at home
Sunday: Crab leg/shrimp boil, skinny taste carrot cake

Menu Plan - Week of 4/5
Monday - steak fajitas
Tuesday- leftovers
Wednesday- angel chicken over pasta, asparagus
Thursday- southwest soup and corn bread muffins
Friday - spaghetti, green beans, french bread
Saturday- leftovers
Sunday - pot roast

I keep popping in and out of here. I keep trying to make meal plans and then life happens and it all goes out the window.
Well, we booked a trip to Disney for October so I *have* to get my crazy eating out spending under control. So, back to meal planning! These are all lunches. Neither of us really eats breakfast and we both work evenings/nights so we don't do dinner as a family.

Monday 12th - Sunday 18th
• Tacos
• Burgers
• Sandwiches
• Breakfast
• Lasagna
• Grilled Cheese & Soup
• Hot Dogs and Brats

My dinners: I have 5lbs of grilled chicken in the freezer ready to go to pair with a variety of veggies/rice. Also, made 18 beef/bean/cheese burritos and threw them in the freezer the other day for whoever wants to eat them for dinners.

Tonight (Saturday): Steak, baked potato, and roasted zucchini
Sunday/Monday: Veggie Cassoulet and a salad. (I am doing Sunday Supper Club from a local restaurant. You order ahead of time, they make and package the food with reheating instructions, and you pick it up on Sundays. I am getting Veggie Cassoulet, some chocolate mousse, and a pint of chicken and wild rice soup for the freezer.)
Tuesday: Frozen chicken pot pie (going on a day trip with a friend to Cinci for Jungle Jim's so no idea when we will get back or what the plan might be)
Wednesday - Friday: Italian seasoned chicken tenders, pasta alfredo, and roasted asparagus

So, it's vaccine week coming, so Tuesday-Friday is bland-r-us. I'm thinking I'll crockpot my duck Tuesday, and then have that for a day or two before relying on rotisserie's for the next 2 days:)...here's the plan!

Sun - Make-Your-Own Pizza (anchovies, bacon, pepperoni, onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomato, pineapple), homemade guacamole and chips, sliced oranges
Mon - Chicken Fajita Bowls (skipped that this week) with bell pepper/onion/avocado/fresh tomato over rice, sliced pineapple
Tues - Crockpot Duck with an orange based sauce, mashed sweet potatoes, banana muffins
Wed - Leftover duck with soy over white rice - potstickers for anyone who wants them - strawberries
Thurs - Rotisserie Chicken, Bread, Sliced apples and bananas
Fri - Leftover chicken, mashed potatoes, green salad
Sat - Takeout McD's (yep, my son is pitching this so hard, and we have a game night, so I'm just gonna get their double hamburgers customized with lettuce and extra pickles/onions and apple pies - and then we'll have whatever fruit or veg is still around:))...

Made patty melts with sautéed onions and bacon on them for dinner tonight with onion rings. They turned out SO GOOD! I wanted to stop and get food after our soccer game, but instead was a good girl and came home and cooked and it was so much better than whatever we would have picked up.

Just stopping in to say how much I like browsing this thread. I have been trying hard to cut back on food waste, (most of which comes from impulse buying) by sticking to a strict food plan. I have managed to cut about 150.00$ a month out of the food budget by being more mindful of what goes into the cart. This thread has really helped with inspiration and motivation with meal planning.

Sunday 4/11 - Napa Valley Chicken (family recipe), egg noodles and steamed broccoli

Monday 4/12 - Pesto turkey burgers, homemade sweet potato fries, salad
Turkey burger recipe: https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/recipe/pesto-turkey-burgers/5ea32f013f8a0a0c4f4e8b5d

Tuesday 4/13 - Cranberry pork roast in the crock pot, mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts
Roast recipe: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/81525/slow-cooker-cranberry-roast/

Wednesday 4/14 - Roasted Greek style chicken and vegetables https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/r...icken-and-vegetables/5626a63ff79cf9120df3b60a

Thursday 4/15 - Pampered Chef brown butter tortellini with spinach and ham https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/bl...wn+Butter+Tortellini+with+Spinach+&+Ham/76808

Friday 4/16 - probably take out

Okay, shots done and we are all "chickened" out (I didn't end up doing duck, but instead, stuck to chicken and then a whitefish on day 4 for all the bland eating:))...so, here's this week's "chicken light" plan...

1. Korean beef stir fry with onions/bell peppers/king oyster mushrooms/shredded carrot/shredded ginger/garlic over rice, grapes and blueberries
2. Shrimp pad thai with rice noodles and bean sprouts/shredded carrot/green onion/egg/out-of-shell peanuts/lime, sliced oranges
3. Baked half ducklings (an Aldi's buy), mashed potatoes, clementines, roasted teriyaki broccoli
4. Frozen pizzas (we skipped make-your-own pizza b/c I forget to buy the stuff at Wegman's after my shot, so I picked up some frozen pizzas at Safeway - we haven't had frozen pizza in forever, so this will be popular) - I'm having a new Dr Praguer Kale veggie burger instead - sliced mini watermelon
5. Breakfast for dinner - scrambled eggs with western topping, bacon, banana chocolate muffins, clementines and apples
6. Leftovers or bagged Aldi's general tso's chicken, bagged fries, and fruit salad (my only chicken, but this is gonna be a week from chicken if we have to have it, so I think they'll take it:))...
7. Dinner at my friend's house (yeah me - day off:))

Lasagna is prepped for tomorrow and we actually stuck to the meal plan all week! Working on next week's menu plans and trying to figure out some different stuff to add in with our staples. Thinking I may read back a few pages and see if there's anything that peaks my interest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter