Eat at Home 3!

Yay plan. I am having a very low energy day and grocery shopping wore me down bad.

Tonight: Glazed salmon with broccoli and red onion over rice
Sunday - Tuesday: One-Pot Pork Roast with Garlic, Carrot and Potato
Wednesday/Thursday: Chicken rubens with mac and cheese
Friday/Saturday: Chicken and artichoke meal from Aldi over pasta

Pushing the pork roast back to tomorrow. Just not feeling it tonight and it is a smaller roast then I remembered. I will throw it in the slow cooker tomorrow morning instead since I am still working from home.

I had an eye appointment this morning so swung by Trader Joe's on my way home. Long line to get in, but didn't take too long (thankfully because I was NOT dressed for it lol). I grabbed a mac and cheese and 2 chicken pot pies. Mac and cheese is my lunch and one of the pot pies will be dinner. Better then ordering in!

I haven't ever posted here before but I love following this thread for inspiration! My husband and I love to cook. We are both teachers - he's heading back to hybrid teaching this week while I stay at home teaching remotely with our 15 year old son. It's been an interesting year as I am so used to only meal planning dinner, but I have been cooking a few breakfasts, lunch and dinner every day, so this thread has been remarkably helpful! Here is our menu for this week:

Monday: Pot Roast with Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli
Tuesday: Tacos/Taco Salad(for me and my mom who lives with us)
Wednesday: Buffalo Chicken Burgers with Air Fried Potato Wedges
Thursday: Chicken and Broccoli Bowls with Trader Joe's General Tso Sauce
Friday: Make your own pizza with pizza dough from our local pizzeria
Saturday: Steak and Mushroom Melts on Pretzel Rolls with Onion Rings(Air Fryer)

Going back a day since we're still eating the leftovers. :)

Monday: tamales and salad. I used up some carne adovada in the freezer. It's my weeknight tamale tip: make a Mexican stew any night, then shred and freeze the leftovers as tamale filling.

Tonight: cheeseburgers, chips, dip

Wednesday: butter chicken, rice, dal, naan, salad

Thursday: dungeness crab w/ butter, French bread, salad

Friday: Asian fusion pork chops, mashed potatoes (using up some spare coconut milk in the freezer), stir fried cabbage

Saturday: Salmon of some sort and asparagus

Sunday: carbonnade, egg noodles, green beans

Monday: Egg rolls, rice

Tuesday: black bean soup

Ooh! Can you please post your spicy shrimp stir fry and orange beef with spicy udon noodle bowl recipes?

Hi! I don't really have a recipe for really anything. Regarding the orange beef, I googled copycat panda express bejing beef and used an organge chicken sauce on the fried beef. I made this with rice instead of the udon noodles and lots extra veggies.

I didn't get to the shrimp recipe last week but I keep jar of Carribean Jerk sauce such as for chicken wings and I put it on multiple things like the shrimp and veggies.

Monday: Shrimp fajitas in salad bowls
Tuesday: Chicken dumplings with roasted brussel sprouts
Wednesday: Gyro kits (from Costco, LOVE them!) with mini naan and homemade tzatziki sauce, oven fries with fruit salad side
Thursday: Udon noodle bowls with lots veggies (not sure if do a protein)
Friday: Crispy chicken tender wraps with sauces, veggies and fruit
Saturday: Red enchiladas, rice, beans and guac
Sunday: Pork bbq sandwiches, baked beans, cole slaw and sides

Tonight- sushi out with a gift card
Saturday- French onion baked chicken, rice, roasted broccoli
Sunday- salmon and roasted brussel sprouts
Monday- chicken teriyaki and rice
Tuesday- bean soup and cornbread
Wednesday- pulled pork sandwiches and green beans
Thursday- salmon patties and Mac and cheese

Tonight: Red snapper fish tacos and sauteed spinach
Sunday/Monday: Spicy Jammy Drummies (I am using thighs), couscous, roasted zucchini
Tuesday/Wednesday: Chicken and artichoke meal from Aldi over pasta (from last week)
Thursday/Friday: Pan fried pork chops, potatoes au gratin (a box that needs used up), green beans

I am making chicken gnocchi soup for lunches and bought some hawaiian rolls to go with it.

Breakfast will be breakfast fried rice to use up the bacon in the freezer.

Tonight: Red snapper fish tacos and sauteed spinach
Sunday/Monday: Spicy Jammy Drummies (I am using thighs), couscous, roasted zucchini
Tuesday/Wednesday: Chicken and artichoke meal from Aldi over pasta (from last week)
Thursday/Friday: Pan fried pork chops, potatoes au gratin (a box that needs used up), green beans

I am making chicken gnocchi soup for lunches and bought some hawaiian rolls to go with it.

Breakfast will be breakfast fried rice to use up the bacon in the freezer.
Can you please share your breakfast tried rice recipe? Tia

In good news, my best friend (who has more allergies in her family than I have, so it's easy for me to eat there) invited my family for dinner today, so we're no longer going out, but eating in. My spouse and her spouse always enjoy my spouse's homebrew (and he leaves extra), so it's a nice event for both of us.

As for tomorrow, I hit Hmart today for a very small trip, but enough that I have tomorrow's dinner. Tomorrow, my spouse will take me to Aldi's so I can stock up on the lunch stuff, bread, and fruit (and finish the rest of my week's dinner plans).

So, tomorrow is Crockpot Korean Pork Stew with premarinated sliced pork belly, yu choy, shredded carrot, shredded green papaya, enoki mushrooms, and a ton of onions (green and white) with some salt and a cornstarch slurry. We'll have that over rice with some sliced enormous Fuji apples with raw honey. It's a make ahead meal that will sit in the crockpot, so I can serve it during halftime of the 1st playoff game:).

For dinner tonight, I grilled steaks, used the last of the frozen garlic bread, and roasted some home grown sweet potatoes. Almost made a salad instead but carbs were calling my name.

This week I need to use up the following items...
Pound of beef, open jar pasta sauce (spaghetti)
Chicken broth, egg noodles (chicken soup)
Greens (with beans and cornbread)
Broccoli (likely going into cheddar broccoli soup)
Frozen pancakes (kids will have no problem with this)

I haven't posted in a really, really long time (like years). We went to HHI the first week of January. I am trying to do Weight Watchers again, so meal planning is a must so I can stay on track. This is what we ate 1/10-1/17:

Sunday - Roasted chicken (made in rotisserie), mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts
Monday - Beef with broccoli over brown rice https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a8459/jadens-beef-with-broccoli/
Tuesday - Pioneer Woman Cajun Chicken pasta (made with whole wheat pasta instead white) https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a10338/cajun-chicken-pasta/
Wednesday - Roasted Greek style chicken and vegetables, served with millet https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/recipe/roasted-greek-style-chicken-and-vegetables/5626a63ff79cf9120df3b60a
Thursday - ate out, just my daughter and I
Friday - Pampered Chef General Tso Stir Fry, brown rice https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/blattig/recipe/Main+Dishes/30+Minutes+or+Less/General+Tso+Chicken+Stir-Fry/1500003
Saturday - pork tenderloin, green beans, acorn squash, homemade sweet potato fries (I seasoned the pork with smoked Applewood seasoning, seared it for a couple minutes on all sides, added a splash of broth and some fresh cut green beans and cooked it in the quick cooker on the beef/pork setting for 8 minutes)
Sunday - turkey burger, homemade fries, salad

I will post what we had this past week and then maybe I can start posting what I plan on having, lol

Can you please share your breakfast tried rice recipe? Tia

I adapted my recipe from one by Gina Homolka of Skinnytaste. It is in the Meal Prep Cookbook. I will give you my version for a single serving. I don't have exact measurements of the seasoning.

3/4 cup precooked rice
1/4 cup riced cauliflower
2 eggs
2 sliced of bacon
2 green onions
soy sauce
sesame oil
garlic
Sriracha

That is the base. Then I will add whatever else I want. This could include additional vegetables from the fridge or freezer (doing spinach, peas, and carrots this week), cashews, avocado... really whatever you want.

Forgot to post last week, but I only had to do a small grocery trip since I was able to stretch some things to leftovers from the week before. I'm still adjusting to only cooking for two now (except occasionally DS2 comes to dinner, sometimes with his GF if they're both off). The good thing is we will both eat the leftovers for lunch or for another night, so we don't waste. This week:

Le Cellier cheddar cheese soup with potatoes
sweet chili orange chicken with broccoli and jasmine rice
meatball stroganoff with mushrooms for me and carrots for DH
sloppy cheese steaks (it's a combination of a cheesesteak sandwich and a sloppy Joe)
garlic tortellini spinach soup
baked saucy pork chops with mashed potatoes

In good news, my best friend (who has more allergies in her family than I have, so it's easy for me to eat there) invited my family for dinner today, so we're no longer going out, but eating in. My spouse and her spouse always enjoy my spouse's homebrew (and he leaves extra), so it's a nice event for both of us.

As for tomorrow, I hit Hmart today for a very small trip, but enough that I have tomorrow's dinner. Tomorrow, my spouse will take me to Aldi's so I can stock up on the lunch stuff, bread, and fruit (and finish the rest of my week's dinner plans).

So, tomorrow is Crockpot Korean Pork Stew with premarinated sliced pork belly, yu choy, shredded carrot, shredded green papaya, enoki mushrooms, and a ton of onions (green and white) with some salt and a cornstarch slurry. We'll have that over rice with some sliced enormous Fuji apples with raw honey. It's a make ahead meal that will sit in the crockpot, so I can serve it during halftime of the 1st playoff game:).

So, the stew's in the crockpot, and the shopping is done, so here's the rest of the plan (we never went out this weekend, and we have a birthday coming, so I'm only gonna list 5 meals plus the stew above, b/c we WILL go out this week:))...

1. Korean Pork Stew, Rice, Apples (above)
2. Baked Fresh Salmon Filet with Lemon and Dill, Roasted Tomato Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing, Sliced Oranges
3. Bacon and Mushroom Quiche/Frittata (it's dairy free, so I make it eggy like frittata, but in a crust like quiche), Premade Aldi's Sunflower Onion Salad Bag, Blueberries
4. Dairy-Free Chicken Caesar Salads (I have "fake parm" from Whole Foods and a Vegan Caesar I want to try), Homemade French Onion or Baked Potato Soup (I have the stuff for both), Cherries
5. Thai Chicken Green Curry with Green Papaya, Shredded Carrot, Pineapple, Bell Peppers, and Green and White Onions, Rice, More Blueberries
6. Frozen Food Night - Kids will have Cheese Ravioli with Tomato Sauce and whatever leftover fruit/veg I have - spouse and I will have Gnocchi in a Olive Oil, White Wine, Garlic sauce

Tonight we had sausage and peppers for the Bills games.
Tomorrow making hubby Italian wedding soup. I am going to have deli meat sandwich on lettuce bun with tomato.
Here is the plan for the rest of the week.
air fried pork chops with spice rub, frozen veggies, mashed potato for hubby
chili scoops for him, cheese, light sour cream side salad for me
baked salmon, cucumber salad, whatever starch side hubby makes hubby is cooking dinner
two leftover nights

This is what we had 1/17-1/24:
Monday - Mustard dill chicken, homemade fries, brussel sprouts
Tuesday - Homemade pizza and salad
Wednesday - Pot roast in the crock pot, mashed potatoes
Thursday - Asian spiced flank steak with pineapple-pepper salsa, whole wheat spaghetti seasoned with Asian Seasoning Mix
Friday - 2 ingredient bagels and mango (we ate burrito bowls out for lunch and weren’t really hungry)
Saturday - Homemade chicken fingers and homemade fries made in the air fryer, salad
Sunday (today) - Napa Valley chicken, brussel sprouts

Plan for this week so far:
Monday - Creamy braised white beans with kale
Tuesday - Greek lemon chicken and potato bake
Wednesday - Pork roast and green beans in the quick cooker

Not sure what I'll have after that. I've been thinking I could really go for stuffed shells! 😋

Saturday/Sunday - beef sopes and hard shell beef fried tacos
Monday- beef broccoli, mix veggies, white rice and egg roll

Tuesday- burgers and fries

Wednesday- carnit tacos

Thursday- BBQ. Sandwiches and KFC coleslaw
( if anyone has a true and tried copycat kfc coleslaw recipe please let me know😊)

Friday- cheese enchiladas , beans and rice

Saturday- BLT’s and fries

Sunday- ?

I haven't posted in a really, really long time (like years). We went to HHI the first week of January. I am trying to do Weight Watchers again, so meal planning is a must so I can stay on track. This is what we ate 1/10-1/17:

Sunday - Roasted chicken (made in rotisserie), mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts
Monday - Beef with broccoli over brown rice https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a8459/jadens-beef-with-broccoli/
Tuesday - Pioneer Woman Cajun Chicken pasta (made with whole wheat pasta instead white) https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a10338/cajun-chicken-pasta/
Wednesday - Roasted Greek style chicken and vegetables, served with millet https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/recipe/roasted-greek-style-chicken-and-vegetables/5626a63ff79cf9120df3b60a
Thursday - ate out, just my daughter and I
Friday - Pampered Chef General Tso Stir Fry, brown rice https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/blattig/recipe/Main+Dishes/30+Minutes+or+Less/General+Tso+Chicken+Stir-Fry/1500003
Saturday - pork tenderloin, green beans, acorn squash, homemade sweet potato fries (I seasoned the pork with smoked Applewood seasoning, seared it for a couple minutes on all sides, added a splash of broth and some fresh cut green beans and cooked it in the quick cooker on the beef/pork setting for 8 minutes)
Sunday - turkey burger, homemade fries, salad

I will post what we had this past week and then maybe I can start posting what I plan on having, lol

Thank you for posting the recipes. This helps so much!

This is what we had 1/17-1/24:
Monday - Mustard dill chicken, homemade fries, brussel sprouts
Tuesday - Homemade pizza and salad
Wednesday - Pot roast in the crock pot, mashed potatoes
Thursday - Asian spiced flank steak with pineapple-pepper salsa, whole wheat spaghetti seasoned with Asian Seasoning Mix
Friday - 2 ingredient bagels and mango (we ate burrito bowls out for lunch and weren’t really hungry)
Saturday - Homemade chicken fingers and homemade fries made in the air fryer, salad
Sunday (today) - Napa Valley chicken, brussel sprouts

Plan for this week so far:
Monday - Creamy braised white beans with kale
Tuesday - Greek lemon chicken and potato bake
Wednesday - Pork roast and green beans in the quick cooker

Not sure what I'll have after that. I've been thinking I could really go for stuffed shells! 😋

Is your Napa Valley recipe tomato based? I just googled the name for the recipe, and got back a cream based one and a tomato based one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter