DVC Mike Live from BLT (12/5-12/12/09)

After a rather eventful drive, we finally made it to Walt Disney World today!

We left home early in the morning, as always, and it rained almost the whole way down. Luckily, the rain was light and not a bother at all.

I remarked to my wife how empty I-95 seemed today, and how much progress we had been making, only a while later to find I-95 completely blocked by an overturned truck in Brunswick, Georgia. After waiting an hour and a half for the road to be cleared, we were on our way.

When we got to the I-4 turnoff, we found it was closed due to an accident. After a little detour further down I-95, we cut across SR 44 to rejoin I-4.

We finally arrived at Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort around 1:30 pm, but our room wasn't ready until 3:15 PM.

We got a Magic Kingdom view room on the 7th floor South side. We look straight out at Seven Seas Lagoon with the Grand Floridian in the center.

To the left is the Contemporary with the new, huge Mickey wreath. To the right is the MK, with a great view of the Castle and Space Mountain.

It's cool, cloudy and overcast today, but the weather is supposed to get up into the upper 70's later this week.

Our dinner reservations this week are:

Sat - The Wave at the CR
Sun - Citricos at the GF
Mon - Narcoossee's at the GF
Tue - Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK (followed by MVMCP)
Wed - Kona Cafe at the Poly (after the DVC Annual Meeting)
Thu - California Grill at the CR (after the Merry Member Mixer)
Fri - would have been V&A at the GF, but we cancelled it and will probably eat offsite that night

http://i235.*************************************20091205_1815.jpg

wow!!! do you remember what room number this was ?

facebook twitter