DVC Mike Live from BLT (12/5-12/12/09)

DVC Mike

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
After a rather eventful drive, we finally made it to Walt Disney World today!

We left home early in the morning, as always, and it rained almost the whole way down. Luckily, the rain was light and not a bother at all.

I remarked to my wife how empty I-95 seemed today, and how much progress we had been making, only a while later to find I-95 completely blocked by an overturned truck in Brunswick, Georgia. After waiting an hour and a half for the road to be cleared, we were on our way.

When we got to the I-4 turnoff, we found it was closed due to an accident. After a little detour further down I-95, we cut across SR 44 to rejoin I-4.

We finally arrived at Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort around 1:30 pm, but our room wasn't ready until 3:15 PM.

We got a Magic Kingdom view room on the 7th floor South side. We look straight out at Seven Seas Lagoon with the Grand Floridian in the center.

To the left is the Contemporary with the new, huge Mickey wreath. To the right is the MK, with a great view of the Castle and Space Mountain.

It's cool, cloudy and overcast today, but the weather is supposed to get up into the upper 70's later this week.

Our dinner reservations this week are:

Sat - The Wave at the CR
Sun - Citricos at the GF
Mon - Narcoossee's at the GF
Tue - Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK (followed by MVMCP)
Wed - Kona Cafe at the Poly (after the DVC Annual Meeting)
Thu - California Grill at the CR (after the Merry Member Mixer)
Fri - would have been V&A at the GF, but we cancelled it and will probably eat offsite that night

http://i235.*************************************20091205_1815.jpg

Glad to hear you made it safely to the World and BLT. Looking forward to your daily reports and photos and Mrs. Mike's reviews of restaurants.

Great picture, what a view! Can't wait to hear all the details.
I would love reviews of the following:
Sat - The Wave at the CR
Sun - Citricos at the GF
Mon - Narcoossee's at the GF
Tue - Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK (followed by MVMCP)
Wed - Kona Cafe at the Poly (after the DVC Annual Meeting)
Thu - California Grill at the CR (after the Merry Member Mixer)
Only if you have the time. Have a Magical time!

Glad you made it safe and sound Mike! Weather is still rainy here in NC:mad:

Love the view at BLT! We are staying there for the first time in March:cool1:

Looking forward to your dining reviews as well!

Wow, it wasn't a good day to travel. Glad you made it. Have a great time!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I watched Wishes last night from my balcony, then woke up early to gaze out at the beatiful morning.

Although I greatly enjoyed the Lake View on my last trip, I think I prefer the MK view - it's priceless.

We really enjoyed our meal at The Wave last night. This was our third timme eating there. It's a great casual TS where we both walk away satisfied. I enjoyed some organic beer and the flank steak. My wife was actually able to order off the menu (the vegetable stew), since it didn't have any gluten, soy, etc in it.

We'll eat there everytime we stay at BLT, since it's so conveniently close.

Our view of the Grand Floridian in the morning.

http://i235.*************************************20091206_1820.jpg

The Mickey wreath on the Contemporary Resort.

http://i235.*************************************20091206_1821.jpg

Glad you made it safe. Beautiful pictures and views. Have a great time!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!! What a spectacular view! Your photos are so bright and cheerful. Glad you are enjoying yourself so far. Can't wait to read more. :flower3:

Hey Mike!!

Nice view...One of these days we would love to try out BLT. Have a great trip and looking forward to your pictures:thumbsup2

Mike, I hope both of you have a wonderful stay! Once again your initial photos are great, and I look forward to seeing more. It was so nice this morning to see your new "Live from" thread as I'm coming off of my latest DVC high since I just checked out of our shared CA home yesterday, enjoying my first stay in the new DVC wing in a studio at VGC - and it was incredible. Too short, but incredible. I know you'll enjoy it when you go back out there in 2010. The rooms, the view - wow. I liked our view before in the standard hotel rooms (we had a DTD view), but this one - wow. Can't wait to go back myself in the summer. Anyway - enjoy your trip! I can't wait for more photos of your visit. (Oh and thanks, BTW, for posting the photos of your other views too - the wreath on the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian. I am quite fond of the GF, since that's where DW and I spent our honeymoon.)

facebook twitter