DVC Mike Live from BLT (12/5-12/12/09)

Another great report! Thanks Mike. We must have overlapped you by a few days, we came home on 12/7. It seemed very crowded this year and the weather was chilly! You are making me think we need to book a MK view room, we have a lake view room in February. Please add your room details to the BLT views thread when you get home! It is here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Well, today was our last day at Bay Lake Tower. We packed up early this morning and drove back home. We made it back home safe and sound.

On the drive home, my DW re-iterated that she would be very happy if we downsized the number of points we own at other resorts and buy more BLT points.

I didn't post as many pictures as I typically do in my trip reports, mostly because we spent a lot of time in our room just gazing out at the view. My wife is hooked on the Magic Kingdom view.

In just 28 days, we'll be back at WDW at the lovely VWL!

:cool1:

Sad to see your report is over, Mike! Glad you had a great trip, though. Now it looks like you are going to have to call both your guide and the Timeshare Store!;)

Well, today was our last day at Bay Lake Tower. We packed up early this morning and drove back home. We made it back home safe and sound.

On the drive home, my DW re-iterated that she would be very happy if we downsized the number of points we own at other resorts and buy more BLT points.

I didn't post as many pictures as I typically do in my trip reports, mostly because we spent a lot of time in our room just gazing out at the view. My wife is hooked on the Magic Kingdom view.

In just 28 days, we'll be back at WDW at the lovely VWL!

:cool1:

Glad you made it back home safely Mike. :) Enjoy your Christmas at home. Perhaps we'll run into you in 30 days in the world... we'll be checking out the Treehouses for 3 nights, then Kidani Village for the duration of our upcoming stay, with a visit to the WL for dinner one night. As always, I enjoyed the pics you posted.

Mike, I enjoyed your report and your pictures as always.

You wife and I chatted in the lobby toward the end of the annual meeting. What a sweetheart. I figured out she was probably your wife when she described your view last week. We were at BLT, too, but in a standard view 1 BR....great view of Wishes.

I told your wife it seems we're often at WDW at the same time based on your live reports. Next time, we'll be off by a week. We're at BCV next month.:cool1:

Please say hi for me!:wave2:

Mike, I enjoyed your report and your pictures as always.

You wife and I chatted in the lobby toward the end of the annual meeting. What a sweetheart. I figured out she was probably your wife when she described your view last week. We were at BLT, too, but in a standard view 1 BR....great view of Wishes.

I told your wife it seems we're often at WDW at the same time based on your live reports. Next time, we'll be off by a week. We're at BCV next month.:cool1:

Do you happen to remember your room #? We will be in a 1BR standard 1 week from today :banana:

Mike your the greatest. My family set down and enjoyed your pictures. We will consider it your gift to everyone for the holidays.

My DW says hi back!

I was taken aback by this photo. Just incredible! I will definitely be on the list for GFV's!

Is the possibility of DVC at the GF a real one? Or is it just speculation?

The Christmas tree ornament

http://i235.*************************************20091210_2004.jpg

Ooh! I love it! Too bad I can't get to the mixers or live near a Doorway to Dreams.

for some reason DEEVCee dh I have seen him somewhere before.. he looks like billy flanigan(sp) he is the one that is the producer of the disney christmas parade! any thoughts

Your lobby shots of the Beach Club made me remember a great shot I got of my daughter one night a dinner at BC on one of the chaise lounges in the lobby. It also made me think of how beautiful those lobbies are at all of the resorts, and how underrated they are as a relaxing place, versus, say, a pool......

I swear on one of our next trips I will tell the hubster "I'm taking some time for myself" and just head down to one of the lobbies and read/people watch for 30-45 minutes. I am instantly relaxed whenever I walk in to a Disney resort from them.....

Now let's see...I am going in Feburary and staying at SSR (yet again) or do I wait until June when we are staying longer and will be doing a split stay at BCV/AKV? I've already told the husbter that one day at BCV will be a "resort day" so Cuddlebug can play/splash in Stormalong Bay and will not be so park centered.............

Yeah another DVCMike TR
thanks so much for sharing....looking forward to the Next one..
Happy Holidays to you and Mrs Mike...:santa:

for some reason DEEVCee dh I have seen him somewhere before.. he looks like billy flanigan(sp) he is the one that is the producer of the disney christmas parade! any thoughts

He is Billy Flanigan, I was at the taping of the Christmas Day Parade and he was there and was the one getting the crowd to be excited and scream. He also did the teaching of the dance for the people who were there to see the Jonas Brothers Perform!!

Is the possibility of DVC at the GF a real one? Or is it just speculation?

the possibility is very real over the next decade or so, but right now it's all just speculation.

...but for a long time, having a DVC at the contemporary was just speculation too. so like the contemporary DVC wishers before me, i'm waiting for the GF villas (along with some other DVC-Dreamers). :)

facebook twitter