DVC Dining Plan

Thanks Dean Yes BWV and we are renting from a DVC member....it's the first time we have done this so I hope it works out ok. We have always just booked thru Disney website

Are the 2015 prices out and can it be booked yet?

There is an small increase for 2015. The 2015 pricing for DVC reservations now matches the current 2014 prices for CRO reservations.

2014 Dining Plan prices for DVC Reservations:
  • Disney Dining Plan:
    • $58.66 per night, per Guest ages 10+
    • $18.88 per night, per Guest ages 3-9
  • Disney Deluxe Dining Plan:
    • $104.94 per night, per Guest ages 10+
    • $29.51 per night, per Guest ages 3-9
  • Disney Quick Service Dining Plan:
    • $39.64 per night, per Guest ages 10+
    • $15.75 per night, per Guest ages 3-9
2015 Dining Plan prices for DVC Reservations:
  • Disney Dining Plan:
    • $60.64 per night, per Guest ages 10+
    • $19.23 per night, per Guest ages 3-9
  • Disney Deluxe Dining Plan:
    • $109.53 per night, per Guest ages 10+
    • $29.86 per night, per Guest ages 3-9
  • Disney Quick Service Dining Plan:
    • $41.99 per night, per Guest ages 10+
    • $16.03 per night, per Guest ages 3-9

Above pricing was taken from the pdf version of the plan brochures that are posted on DVCMember.com. You should be able to call to add a dining plan, but it doesn't appear that you can do so yourself on-line yet.

They're guessing, they really are not directly involved with the DP other than in being a go between for adding it and the payment. I'd agree that there is no formal policy but I'd disagree on splitting meals being frowned upon by the restaurants. There really are 2 issues here, splitting meals and paying for a split meal using the DP. I can say with utmost confidence that splitting meals is not an issue and that paying for split meals where both are on the DP are not issues assuming non buffet's or similar. If you get outside those parameters the answers are more dicey such as when is not on the DP and one is. We've split meals at San Angel, Rose and Crown, Le Cellier, previous Italian, Coral Seas, Rainforest, T Rex, Portobello, WP cafe, Yachtsman, Ariel's, B&C, Cali Grill, Citricos, Narcoossee's, Liberty Tree, Mayan Grill, Pepper Market, Calico Jack's, HOB, Tony's, AP, Whisp Canyon, Seasons, Boatwrights, ESPN, Spoodles, Sanaa, Turf Club, Olivias, 50's PT, Moma Melrose, Brown Derby, Sci Fi, La Cantina, Fulton's, planet Holywood and Jiko. Most of these at least once on the DP. I can honestly say I've never been uncomfortable or had any hesitation or sense of eye rolling from the server's based on either splitting or on the DP while splitting. On several occasions they've suggested it including several signatures, more than once at Narcoossee's.
We're finishing up a week at WDW. We shared so far 10 of 10 times with no hesitation from any of the service staff. Four of them were signatures.

Do you need to book DDP at the time of the reservation? We are renting points but we are not entirely sure if we are doing the DDP this year.

Do you need to book DDP at the time of the reservation? We are renting points but we are not entirely sure if we are doing the DDP this year.

the DDP would need to be booked (and paid for) at least 48 hours ahead of arrival.

as a renter, that means you would need to tell the DVC owner well in advance of that, to give them time to contact member services.

but yeah, the DDP is not nearly the value it used to be.

Help!!! I am confused and don't know where to find the answer. We are a large family traveling on rented DVC points over Thanksgiving (6 rooms total from various members). We have all our dining reservations and now need to pay for our dining plan, but I have heard Disney will not accept CC information with a name that does not actually match to someone staying in the room! Is this true? My dad, love that man, is paying for the family vacation and for all the rentals we just sent it to his PayPal, but how will the DVC member be able to make the dining plan reservation now????

I appreciate any help with how to get this accomplished!

Help!!! I am confused and don't know where to find the answer. We are a large family traveling on rented DVC points over Thanksgiving (6 rooms total from various members). We have all our dining reservations and now need to pay for our dining plan, but I have heard Disney will not accept CC information with a name that does not actually match to someone staying in the room! Is this true? My dad, love that man, is paying for the family vacation and for all the rentals we just sent it to his PayPal, but how will the DVC member be able to make the dining plan reservation now????

I appreciate any help with how to get this accomplished!

That is not true unless it's a very new rule. As of March tbey didnt care whose name the cc is in. Alternatively you could buy a Disney gift card to pay for the dp so you dont have to give your cc # to a stranger.

That is not true unless it's a very new rule. As of March tbey didnt care whose name the cc is in. Alternatively you could buy a Disney gift card to pay for the dp so you dont have to give your cc # to a stranger.
I believe you could also use the Disney Vacation Account(s) for this purpose from what I've heard though each plan will need to be paid for separately. That's going to be quite a hefty CC bill likely exceeding $10K just for the dining alone.

The DVC website is not letting me purchase my dining plan for our upcoming stay (don't worry, we already have our dining ressies, just not the plan). We arrive on Dec 27, and depart on Jan 2.

Haven't tried calling MS directly yet, but do you think this is because we are bridging the years and the website doesn't know how to process the change in dates? I know the website has its problems, but we have always been able to purchase our dining plans with no issues.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

p.s. here's the error code I received if anyone knows what they indicate: F01010116007

The DVC website is not letting me purchase my dining plan for our upcoming stay (don't worry, we already have our dining ressies, just not the plan). We arrive on Dec 27, and depart on Jan 2. Haven't tried calling MS directly yet, but do you think this is because we are bridging the years and the website doesn't know how to process the change in dates? I know the website has its problems, but we have always been able to purchase our dining plans with no issues. Thanks in advance, Dan p.s. here's the error code I received if anyone knows what they indicate: F01010116007

It has been an issue for a while you need to call

We booked a trip through Disney and realized we needed more meals on our meal plan, it's a 4 night stay and we want 5 days of meal plans. Is there a way to do this? We were just going to add a night prior to our visit, but booked. I asked about staying somewhere different for the one night prior and they said it would have to be somewhere else and we would have have a package (include tickets). I didn't like this option as I would have to pay a premium for one day only tickets, instead of using a 5 day parkhopper, etc.

I thought about trying to get the one room through DVC rental, which we have done for previous stays and never had issues. I know DVC does not require you to attach tickets. But can we check into our DVC rental on 12/2. Then go the next morning and check in at our existing poly rental on 12/3 go to parks and eat off of our one day DVC rental meal plan) It seems like these would just be two separate packages and possible. Anyone got any suggestions?

We booked a trip through Disney and realized we needed more meals on our meal plan, it's a 4 night stay and we want 5 days of meal plans. Is there a way to do this? We were just going to add a night prior to our visit, but booked. I asked about staying somewhere different for the one night prior and they said it would have to be somewhere else and we would have have a package (include tickets). I didn't like this option as I would have to pay a premium for one day only tickets, instead of using a 5 day parkhopper, etc.

I thought about trying to get the one room through DVC rental, which we have done for previous stays and never had issues. I know DVC does not require you to attach tickets. But can we check into our DVC rental on 12/2. Then go the next morning and check in at our existing poly rental on 12/3 go to parks and eat off of our one day DVC rental meal plan) It seems like these would just be two separate packages and possible. Anyone got any suggestions?
You can call and book a "ticketless" package with just a room and the dining plan. Otherwise, no, there is no way to add a day's worth of dining.

Yes. We did just the opposite. We had a DVC rental planned with DP and decided to fly down a day earlier so we booked 1 night at WL. We were told that once we checked in at BCV, we could start using the DP.
There's no where that says with a 1 night DVC stay you have to use up all of your dining options that first night. Technically you have all of the next day (the day you check out) to use them up. The question I'd present to Disney is how does your MB know which DP options to use on that overlap day? If you check out of the DVC resort on the 3rd, visit MK and have breakfast at CP would that take meal credits from your DVC DP or from your Poly-stay DP credits? Hmmm.... I think it would stink to somehow start using the Poly DP early that day by accident and then you'll run out early with no recourse on getting your DVC DP credits back many days after check out.
For our 1 night WL stay we just paid OOP for meals. We ate at HDDR which would cost 2 TS credits and we didn't want to use our credits for that. For breakfast we ate at WCC which qualifies for 10% discount if paying with a Disney visa so we did that.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter