• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Dining Plan

In case anyone is reading this entire thread, it started 8 years ago and some of the information has changed.

I have read the last 10 pages and haven't seen this issue come up…

I have rented points from a DVC member for a stay at BWV in October 2014. I am considering adding the dining plan BUT would like to pay for this using my Disney VISA rewards points. These points are issued to me on a Disney Card as dollars (i.e., can be used dollar for dollar, at all theme parks, restaurants, retail sites, etc.) Is there any way to pay for my DDP using my rewards points?

I have rented points and got the DVC dining plan. The owner I rented from added it to the reservation. I gave him my cc info and he booked it. It was a last minute decision or I would have planned ahead and purchased a Disney gift card so as to not have to give my cc info to a stranger. No problems as far as that and it's been 2 years. I believe DVC owners can book it online.

I have rented points and got the DVC dining plan. The owner I rented from added it to the reservation. I gave him my cc info and he booked it. It was a last minute decision or I would have planned ahead and purchased a Disney gift card so as to not have to give my cc info to a stranger. No problems as far as that and it's been 2 years. I believe DVC owners can book it online.

Correct, members can add a dining plan on-line. If payment is to be made with Disney Gift Card(s) or Disney Rewards Redemption Card(s), the member would need to call DVC to add the dining plan as only major credit cards are accepted on-line.

I apologize in advance, I am sure this has been asked before but I can't find the answer with search.

I have a split stay coming up and have booked the dining plan for both parts of the stay. What happens on "check out / check in" day in the middle of my vacation? Do I now have double credits since the plans cover check in and check out days and they are not linked?

Thanks!

I apologize in advance, I am sure this has been asked before but I can't find the answer with search.

I have a split stay coming up and have booked the dining plan for both parts of the stay. What happens on "check out / check in" day in the middle of my vacation? Do I now have double credits since the plans cover check in and check out days and they are not linked?

Thanks!

Theoretically yes but there have been problems with checking out/checking in with split stays and also issues with the DDP and split stays, the problems are software related.

:earsboy: Bill

Remember, you only have as many days on the dining plan as the NIGHTS you stay, so, no, no double meals on the day you switch, and you need to use all the first stay meals by midnight the night that you switched hotels.

Thanks!
You can use double credits but you don't get extra over the number of nights total divided up by each reservation.

I apologize in advance, I am sure this has been asked before but I can't find the answer with search. I have a split stay coming up and have booked the dining plan for both parts of the stay. What happens on "check out / check in" day in the middle of my vacation? Do I now have double credits since the plans cover check in and check out days and they are not linked? Thanks!

You don't get an extra you pay for credits per night not per day so you don't get any for check out day just check in. However any points left over from the first stay can be used up until midnight of check out day

Thanks!

It depends on how you use them. For a 5 night stay, you get 5 sets of credits, BUT you can use them for 6 days. Example: A reservation that starts on Monday and ends on Saturday is a 5 night stay, but you can use the credits on each day..............Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sat. If you have credits leftover on check out day, you can use them until midnight. You can also use the credits for your new reservation. It's up to you.

Quite often my wife and I will split a dinner because the portions are so big. Are you allowed to do this with the dining plan? Has anyone done this?

Thanks,

Denis

Quite often my wife and I will split a dinner because the portions are so big. Are you allowed to do this with the dining plan? Has anyone done this?

Thanks,

Denis
Of course, we do this not uncommonly. We use the extra credits for signatures or to get more meals.

Curious about splitting the meals-- I didn't think you were allowed on DDP? Do you just only order one meal at the table service restaurants??

Curious about splitting the meals-- I didn't think you were allowed on DDP? Do you just only order one meal at the table service restaurants??
Splitting meals is fine, it's sharing credits with those not on the DP which is outside the guidelines. We often get the deluxe plan so apply, entree and dessert plus one drink. One of us normally gets water anyway and that is almost always more than enough food for us. If not, we pay OOP for a salad, soup or similar. Also, a few places have items on the dessert menu that can also be considered an apply, such as the cheese trays.

I was curious about splitting meals because I know I'm not going to want the amount the DDP provides for every day/every meal of my trip, so I asked DVC whether you can split meals on the DDP or not. Their answer was that there is no actual policy forbidding it, but it is frowned upon and it will depend solely on where you are dining and who is serving/who is managing at the time of your meal.

I was curious about splitting meals because I know I'm not going to want the amount the DDP provides for every day/every meal of my trip, so I asked DVC whether you can split meals on the DDP or not. Their answer was that there is no actual policy forbidding it, but it is frowned upon and it will depend solely on where you are dining and who is serving/who is managing at the time of your meal.
They're guessing, they really are not directly involved with the DP other than in being a go between for adding it and the payment. I'd agree that there is no formal policy but I'd disagree on splitting meals being frowned upon by the restaurants. There really are 2 issues here, splitting meals and paying for a split meal using the DP. I can say with utmost confidence that splitting meals is not an issue and that paying for split meals where both are on the DP are not issues assuming non buffet's or similar. If you get outside those parameters the answers are more dicey such as when is not on the DP and one is. We've split meals at San Angel, Rose and Crown, Le Cellier, previous Italian, Coral Seas, Rainforest, T Rex, Portobello, WP cafe, Yachtsman, Ariel's, B&C, Cali Grill, Citricos, Narcoossee's, Liberty Tree, Mayan Grill, Pepper Market, Calico Jack's, HOB, Tony's, AP, Whisp Canyon, Seasons, Boatwrights, ESPN, Spoodles, Sanaa, Turf Club, Olivias, 50's PT, Moma Melrose, Brown Derby, Sci Fi, La Cantina, Fulton's, planet Holywood and Jiko. Most of these at least once on the DP. I can honestly say I've never been uncomfortable or had any hesitation or sense of eye rolling from the server's based on either splitting or on the DP while splitting. On several occasions they've suggested it including several signatures, more than once at Narcoossee's.

I just had a question about the meal plan. I thught in the past if you were checking late at night or checking out very early that you could drop either the meal plan on the first or last day, can any one confirm this for me? I've tried searching to no avail.

I just had a question about the meal plan. I thught in the past if you were checking late at night or checking out very early that you could drop either the meal plan on the first or last day, can any one confirm this for me? I've tried searching to no avail.
I've never heard of this happening with the DP. It was routinely allowed in the later part of the Food n Fun and it's replacement program but not since that I am aware of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter