• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream special rooms - now that we see the pictures! ** Index now in Post 7 **

Okay, as promised, here are additional views of my stateroom 8504 from the maiden voyage

Picture #1-this is from the area of the master bed looking back towards the stateroom door. Note: very right of picture is door. That is the left bathroom (toilet and sink)

CIMG2997.jpg

Picture #2-the two bathrooms looking from the master bed:

CIMG2990.jpg

Picture #3-Jamie at master bed and the bunk bed and desk is at far end (see picture #5 for what it looks like when bunk is down.

CIMG2988.jpg
[/IMG]

Picture #4-this is the storage chest which is directly below the bunk bed

CIMG2996.jpg

Picture #5-the bunkbed down and the room a mess, the day we disembarked

CIMG3381.jpg

Hope that helps a little more!

Does anyone have any details about room 8520 on the Dream? Also, any cruising tips for a newbie as well as tips for traveling with an infant? Anything is welcome!

Timon has some great pictures of deck 11 concierge rooms, including several pictures of the verandahs in the covered section. I know there was a lot of interest in these verandahs earlier in this thread, so I wanted to link her post and pictures here.

Here is her post, with a great index of where to find the more detailed pictures:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=39846038#post39846038

Here is the post with the concierge room pictures in particular:
Cat T 11018 part 1 11018 part 2 with verandah pictures

Here's one picture from the above of the verandah, with a good shot of the connecting verandah to 11016 and other verandahs.
20110202_0251.jpg

Cat V 11010 part 1 part 2

Here's one picture in an above post that shows how much larger the verandahs in the bump-out are than the rooms not in the bump-out area:
20110202_0284.jpg

Does anyone have any details about room 8520 on the Dream? Also, any cruising tips for a newbie as well as tips for traveling with an infant? Anything is welcome!

JayGee, You need to post these questions on a new thread of your own, so that this thread can stay on topic of 'special staterooms'. You'll get speedier replies that way.

and....WELCOME to the DISboards!

If you haven't seen them, there are some frequently asked questions 'stickie' threads at the top of the forum. Scroll up and click where it says Disney Cruise Line Forum. The 'alphabetical' one is a great place to start. :thumbsup2

8520 is a Cat 5B verandah room located right next to the forward portholes, so it has a slight obstruction to it, which you can see in the picture below. (Deck 8 is the 2nd row of portholes from the top)
IMGP7873.JPG

The Passporter folks sailed in a very similar room on deck 7, although their room, 7022, was on the other side of the ship, and they posted lots of pictures and video of it. Those would be some good pictures for you to see, to get a sense of what your room will look like, and what the obstruction on the verandah might look like. You can find their review on the following link:
http://www.passporter.com/disney-cruises/disney-dream-cruise-ship-photos-videos.html

From the deck plan and location, 6086 looks to be a good room. It's across from room 6584, which you can find on the labeled picture in the first post. But honestly, your room is super easy to find just looking at the ship, since you are next to the accessible rooms on Deck 6 on the left side.

Take a look at the picture below. Though it's taken from quite a distance away, you can still see your room! Find the blank white space on Deck 6 midship right above the yellow lifeboats. (There is another blank white space 2 decks up on Deck 8.) The white space on Deck 6 is the additional room for the accessible cabins 6088 and 6090. The verandah window to the left of that blank space is actually room 6088. The next verandah to the left is 6086, just on the other side of the thick white divider. Another way to put it, you're the furthest room to the right above the third lifeboat from the front.

0108ZZ_0579DR_68986_500w.jpg

So now that I mentioned you're right above the lifeboats, that could be one limiting factor, if you're on your verandah and trying to look straight down toward the water. Don't think it's going to happen, as you're likely to be seeing a lot of lifeboat. But as we've discussed elsewhere in this thread and others recently, there are very few rooms which you can do that on the Dream, so it's not a special limitation of your room by any means. Location wise, you look to be in a good position located above the port adventures desk. You seem far enough away from the Buena Vista Theatre that noise from the theatre shouldn't be a problem. And you're not over the kids clubs either.

Thanks for all the info. Does anyone know when the ship docks, if it pulls in, or backs in? I would like to be on the side facing Castaway Cay when we dock!
Thanks again!

Thanks for all the info. Does anyone know when the ship docks, if it pulls in, or backs in? I would like to be on the side facing Castaway Cay when we dock!
Thanks again!

The ships normally back into Castaway Cay, so it's the rooms on the right, or starboard, side that have the best view of the island. The rooms on the left side see the dock (so you get to see the folks with the mickey hands wave you off when you leave) and beyond the dock to the ocean and some of the underdeveloped part of the island.

Jackie - JayGee is asking about an obstructed view verandah room which are discussed in the 1st post of this thread, so I think this is the right place to ask about it. And I don't mind answering questions!

Yes, I know. :thumbsup2 That's why I bolded the questions that didn't apply to this topic so they could get get speedy answers to those questions on a new thread.

Yes, I know. :thumbsup2 That's why I bolded the questions that didn't apply to this topic so they could get get speedy answers to those questions on a new thread.

Gotcha! My bad. I missed that point, and couldn't figure why you were telling them to go elsewhere, when we've become sort of the clearing house for questions about specific rooms. Sorry!

As posted on a couple other threads,here's a "Drive By" photo of #8502.(Thanks Cass)

Rm8502.jpg

Thank You .. Thank You ... Thank You for such great pix with room #'s. We've booked a Fantasy for May 2012 and couldn't seem to find anything showing where our rooms would be!:worship:

Any cruisers back from The Dream that stayed on deck 10? I am wondering about the noise level under the pools (chairs being moved, smells from Cabanas) On the Wonder on deck 9 you could hears chairs being moved so usually tried to avoid that area. Now I am needing to book 3 rooms for my family and need to know best locations. Is it a pain going thru Cabanas using the aft elevators to get to deck 11? They like to be close to the drink stations so am trying to find the best room on deck 10. Thank you for all your help.
Halls of Va this thread is so valuable. Thank you.
Disnemimi :)

Thanks so much for the help, HallsofVA! This is all so new to me I don't know where to start!!! :confused3

Hi...just wondering if anyone has pics of this room or experience w/the motion here...we have cruised twice before but have always been in the middle of the boat. From the pictures I think I know the location of the room (middle of the bumpout)

I'm booked for #5540 to cruise on the DREAM, but I couldn't find it on the floor plan. :confused3

Can somebody help me and tell me the room does exist?

I'm booked for #5540 to cruise on the DREAM, but I couldn't find it on the floor plan. :confused3

Can somebody help me and tell me the room does exist?

5540 is on starboard/right side of the ship, Deck 5, in front of the forward elevators. It is about halfway down the group of 5E verandahs to the front of the ship.

This picture (stolen from the first post in the thread) shows the location.

414aa1a2-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter