Double shows strike again - Wonder in Alaska

atlfan4

Mouseketeer
According to twitter pics of the navigators from today's first Alaska cruise of the season, the Wonder is repeating both Frozen and Dreams on two nights each. They also are not having the Be Our Guest welcome aboard show.

I'm getting really sick of these constant messing with the show schedules, and if the double show nights are still going on for my cruise later this summer, it will be the first time I'm incredibly negative on my cruise survey.

According to twitter pics of the navigators from today's first Alaska cruise of the season, the Wonder is repeating both Frozen and Dreams on two nights each. They also are not having the Be Our Guest welcome aboard show.

I'm getting really sick of these constant messing with the show schedules, and if the double show nights are still going on for my cruise later this summer, it will be the first time I'm incredibly negative on my cruise survey.
It seems that Golden Mickey's are on hiatus on both the Dream & Wonder. I hope it doesn't mean they're taking it away. Or, worse, replacing it with some other show (like Wishes).

I like having 3 different shows on a cruise. I wish DCL would keep it up.

It seems that Golden Mickey's are on hiatus on both the Dream & Wonder. I hope it doesn't mean they're taking it away. Or, worse, replacing it with some other show (like Wishes).

I like having 3 different shows on a cruise. I wish DCL would keep it up.

Golden Mickeys is still showing, at least on the 7 night Alaska cruise today. But the welcome aboard show and one night of variety act have been dropped, at least compared to "normal"

Golden Mickeys is still showing, at least on the 7 night Alaska cruise today. But the welcome aboard show and one night of variety act have been dropped, at least compared to "normal"
Well, as long as they've got the 3 shows, I'm happy. Replacing some of the individual entertainers in the WDT with repeat shows sounds like a cost saving measure. Since the cast members are already onboard/paid for their time.

I actually don’t mind repeat performances, as we can do other things and not feel like we’re missing out on anything. My kids love all the performances, including the variety acts/magicians/ventriloquists, but I’d like an evening off to take advantage of an emptier pool and Aquaduck.

I actually don’t mind repeat performances, as we can do other things and not feel like we’re missing out on anything. My kids love all the performances, including the variety acts/magicians/ventriloquists, but I’d like an evening off to take advantage of an emptier pool and Aquaduck.
But would the pools/AquaDuck be emptier if more people are not going to the same shows?

We sailed last week on The Dream, I received an email survey this morning and one of the sections was about the shows and repeat performances.
I was glad they asked. I let them know my opinion about it. Hopefully others will let them know they also prefer different shows.
I went and saw Beauty and The Beast Saturday night while my husband went to see Avengers. It was jam packed. He went with me on Sunday night to see it and the theater was at least half empty. When we arrived the upper section on deck 4 wasn't even open. There was a sign saying it was closed for this performance.

So it's better that everyone has fewer choices, rather than you choosing which night you'd like to "have off" from the obligation of going to the shows? Seems to me like if doing other things is something you want to do, just pick a night with the act that interests you least and do that.

With this lineup, only one variety act gets a mainstage night, compared to usually two in the past.

I can see doing Frozen twice. The Frozen show on the San Diego Vancouver repositioning cruise was so packed many people didn't get in to see the show.

I just don't get why they won't do matinees for Frozen. Especially on these 7 night cruises with sea day options.

I sort of get it for the Dream 3-4 night cruises, with the crowding issues B&B has been having. But it makes zero sense to repeat shows on a 7 night with sea day / matinee opportunities.

Or I'd even go so far as to understand repeating Frozen, if they must, since it's still relatively new. But why Dreams also?

I just don't get why they won't do matinees for Frozen. Especially on these 7 night cruises with sea day options.

I sort of get it for the Dream 3-4 night cruises, with the crowding issues B&B has been having. But it makes zero sense to repeat shows on a 7 night with sea day / matinee opportunities.

Or I'd even go so far as to understand repeating Frozen, if they must, since it's still relatively new. But why Dreams also?
Often the WDT is in use during the daytime. For various things, from rehearsals, to lectures, or even training for CMs.

DCL does do matinees, on occasion, on a sea day, if it coincides with the night the show in question is being performed anyway. It's difficult to set the stage for one performance for matinee, then a different show at night.

From the pic posted on Twitter, I like this change and hope they keep it for our Alaska cruise next year. Better to go to be able to go to shows after a relaxing sea day rather than dragging my exhausted family in after a full day of adventures in port. We can now plan to go to bed early on port nights.

ETA I have no interest in variety acts and if not watching one of the big three shows would probably go see a movie. But I could see why people who really love variety acts might be upset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!