Do You Really Think The Attacks On Embassies Are Related To That Youtube Movie?

The movie is merely an excuse. They hate us and wish to destroy us- and they don't mind doing it one life at a time.

No. It happened on Sept.11th. It's their way of saying "You're still not safe". It has nothing to do with a youtube video.

As I watch Susan Rice, US ambassador to the UN, on a news show saying that absolutely it is the YouTube that has caused this unrest.
Unbelievable.

The unrest already existed. The movie was an excuse to take action.

I thought this post was ironic...
The movie is merely an excuse. They hate us and wish to destroy us- and they don't mind doing it one life at a time.

The US sends the we hate you and want to destroy you message to the Middle East day after day for years and you are surprised they feel the same way about you?

The unrest already existed. The movie was an excuse to take action.

I thought this post was ironic...

The US sends the we hate you and want to destroy you message to the Middle East day after day for years and you are surprised they feel the same way about you?

While I agree with you the unrest already existed, I agree for a much different reason.

It is well documented that children of the extremists are indoctrinated in hatred for the U.S.. Our way of life is an abhorration to the extremists. We are considered infidels. Not to mention the jihad declared against us.

While I agree with you the unrest already existed, I agree for a much different reason.

It is well documented that children of the extremists are indoctrinated in hatred for the U.S.. Our way of life is an abhorration to the extremists. We are considered infidels. Not to mention the jihad declared against us.

And you don't think Americans are indoctrinating their children against Middle Easterners and Muslims? Would an American ever teach his child that how people live in Middle Eastern coutries is a good way to live? Or would they teach their children there is something wrong with the way that they live and they should change and become more like Americans? Because the American way is the right way to live...correct? Anything different than the American way of life is backwards and outdated. Every child should have a coca-cola in his hand and pair of Nikes on his feet to not be considered a complete heathen or barbarian.Nothing has changed in the hundreds of years since our fore fathers came over here and Anglisized this country. Once we finished doing that we looked around and started to see all the work left to do. There are still plenty of countries not airing "Keeping up with the Kardashians". Whoever will we fight once everyone in the world is exactly like an American?

It is well documented that children of the extremists are indoctrinated in hatred for the U.S.

The same could be said for American children against Middle Easterners.

Reading above, I see lizabu said it much better than I did.

And you don't think Americans are indoctrinating their children against Middle Easterners and Muslims? Would an American ever teach his child that how people live in Middle Eastern coutries is a good way to live? Or would they teach their children there is something wrong with the way that they live and they should change and become more like Americans? Because the American way is the right way to live...correct? Anything different than the American way of life is backwards and outdated. Every child should have a coca-cola in his hand and pair of Nikes on his feet to not be considered a complete heathen or barbarian.Nothing has changed in the hundreds of years since our fore fathers came over here and Anglisized this country. Once we finished doing that we looked around and started to see all the work left to do. There are still plenty of countries not airing "Keeping up with the Kardashians". Whoever will we fight once everyone in the world is exactly like an American?

No. I don't think Americans are indoctrinating their kids against Middle Easterners or Muslims.

I think your post is quite revealing.

Maybe if we minded our own business instead of telling other countries how to conduct their business there wouldn't be so much hate towards the US.
Maybe if we weren't the bullies of the world, they wouldn't feel so much resentment. Maybe if we got off the middle eastern tit, none of this would matter so much

Maybe if we minded our own business instead of telling other countries how to conduct their business there wouldn't be so much hate towards the US.
Maybe if we weren't the bullies of the world, they wouldn't feel so much resentment. Maybe if we got off the middle eastern tit, none of this would matter so much

On this point: We can't do that when we are energy dependent with no plans to become independent.

On this point: We can't do that when we are energy dependent with no plans to become independent.

x1000

You can't hate something you're not familiar with. If we didn't have a massive presence in the middle east (often, for entirely our own benefit) since the 1980's we wouldn't have these issues today.

No. I don't think Americans are indoctrinating their kids against Middle Easterners or Muslims.

I think your post is quite revealing.

I think what I am revealing is that I believe that just because someone is different it doesn't make them wrong. However different we all seem we are really all the same. When you see people rioting in other countries do you ever imagine it could be you? Do you ever think about what led up to the images shown on TV? Do you ever imagine how you would react if the same things were happening to you? Most of us have been very fortunate to live in a place where there is always a roof over your head, food in your stomach and shoes on your feet. I have travelled the world and seen many things and met many people so maybe that's why my perspective is a little different. I know what real poverty looks like and it's not food stamps and welfare.

Maybe they should stop taking our money!

Does anyone think that the White House should pressure Sony to stop the release of "Zero Dark Thirty,"
which celebrates the killing of Osama bin Laden?

Because movies inflame and cause terrorism.

Does anyone think that the White House should pressure Sony to stop the release of "Zero Dark Thirty,"

I think it's a slippery slope. I don't think we should have to censor ourselves. And who's to know what will be twisted and used? Even this movie according to the actors had nothing to do with Mohammed. They say that a different dialogue was recorded and dubbed over their scenes. And then someone typed out the entire transcript translated in Arabic and posted it on the internet. Obviously someone was trying to stir things up. Also Bin Ladin had his supporters but the people in these videos are not Al Queda.

Nope but I can't imagine why anyone would make a movie celebrating another human beings death even if it is someone as evil as he was.

No, I don't think it's the governments place to censor or pressure anyone. I think society should refuse to support films like that. That's how you stop it.
I remember a petition going around letting film makers know that if they made a movie where any $$$ went to Casey Anthony they wouldn't watch it. I don't know how many signed the petition, but it was a lot. When we stop paying for projects that celebrate hate and evil they will stop making it. Bottom line is, it's the bottom line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter