Do You Really Think The Attacks On Embassies Are Related To That Youtube Movie?

Thank you for writing this. This is not a "cultural" problem. This is a problem with extremists. I feel bad for people like we see in pictures like this, who have to prove they are peaceful, because others lump them all in one pot together.

2d69957ce22934ce5a140c44faebb1f1_600x398.jpeg

Picture courtesy of this article: 'This Does Not Represent Us': Moving Photos of Pro-American Rallies in Libya

Yes, thank you for posting this picture.

I agree with others, the movie was a convenient coincidence.

No, I do not believe the YouTube video was the cause at all. I do think it provides something convenient for some people to blame for the attacks, since for some reason they don't want to focus on on the only people who are truly to blame - the terrorists themselves.

Yup, this exactly! I really don't understand why they won't just come out and say it was planned out for 9-11 and just because they hate the US, I don't know why they need to say it was something else (the movie).

Yup, this exactly! I really don't understand why they won't just come out and say it was planned out for 9-11 and just because they hate the US, I don't know why they need to say it was something else (the movie).

First of all, thanks everyone for stating your opinions respectfully. I thought it might get political, but it hasn't.

As for the above, who do you think "they" are? Where did the story start? The video has apparently been around since July.

I think 9-11 contributed to the first attack and the others were more spontaneous, but I don't know for sure and am now skeptical of any story out there.

By they I meant the terriosts who did the attacks. I don't know who did the movie, it's trash, total trash. I'm not going to waste my time even thinking about it.

Did anyone see the news where they reported the creator of this movie is an Egyptian Coptic Christian? Anyway here is the latest info from the past hour....interesting read for sure about "the movie".

Now it says this in this article?

The man identifying himself as Bacile told the AP he was an Israeli-born, 56-year-old Jewish writer and director. But a Christian activist involved in the film project, Steve Klein, told the AP on Wednesday that Bacile was a pseudonym and that the man was Christian. Klein had told the AP on Tuesday that the filmmaker was an Israeli Jew who was concerned for family members who live in Egypt.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012/09/13/us-identifies-anti-muslim-filmmaker/57777522/1

Some obscure movie video that few have heard of and even fewer have seen?

No.

I think it was more preplanned however they are absolutely after our Constitution. I have heard it said they want the U.S. Constitution under sharia law. Blaming the movie is a great way to silence your first amm. rights while meeting the anniversary of 9-11 all at the same time. I don't believe it's just a coincidence.

If the you tube video I saw is the "real" movie (?) ...... :rolleyes2 it is just dumb. I doubt that it is what set off the violence. It is really that dumb. Embarrassingly dumb.

A wholehearted YES!

The movie is sick and filled with bigotry. I liked Secretary of State Clinton's statement on the issue.

I think it was a catalyst. There are a lot of hard feelings towards Americans in the Middle East. 1 million Afghans dead another 5 million are refugees. The blind support offered to Israel even when it comes out that many of the things they are doing would be considered illegal if another country did the same things. The message has been sent loud and clear to the Middle East. They know how Americans feel about them. The problem is they are ready to just lay down and die. They are waiting for any excuse. This movie was an excuse. There had to be someone who translated this movie and posted the transcript in Arabic and notified the right type of people that this movie existed. Someone or some group trying to manipulate things. Whoever did it knew there was going to be a strong reaction. This is what this person or group wanted. The question is who? What was their point? Was it to create an attack against US embassies or was it to prove how violent and dangerous Arabs/Muslims etc were and to create fear, creating their own catalyst for maybe even something worse yet to come. I'm afraid that we haven't seen the last of our wars. I'm also afraid it's too easy for the general public to be manipulated.

I do not believe most of these people have even seen/heard of the movie.

The threat went out days before and the US department ignored it. I think Clinton is negligible in that regard. I'm glad her words were so inspiring to some but when our Embassy's are not prepared for an inevitable attack that is a crime in my book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter