do NOT stay at Nickelodeon!!!

Oh Man! We are staying there in about two weeks (only because I booked a non-refundable rate $79 for a 1-bedroom suite for two nights). I originally had us booked twice (once in March for spring break, and once in June to start off our summer vacation), but after one afternoon on the phone with THE WORST customer service EVER, I told them to cancel the June ressie (and my Christianity prevented me from telling the woman on the other line, whose speech was unintelligible to put it mildly, where exactly she could stick the whole set of reservations.) but I digress.... I am hoping and hoping that this trip won't be horrendous. I have a 2-year-old who (unfortunately) has been chanting "nick hotel, nick hotel..." for months. I will return to this thread to let you know how it goes. :thumbsup2

send some good vibes :goodvibes from the 13th through the 15th, ok?

Hope you have fun and please check back in. I'm very curious :)

We stayed here a few years service was good .My kids wanted to stay here 3 nightt last summer after cruise i wanted to stay Universal one of their hotels out voted .It was a nightmare took over 2 hour to check in we went for food kids got fedup waiting. we checked in rooms run down was awful the bus service a joke you had to book it one day it was full.we just went down they let us on only a few buses day .The maid never cleaned our room we called down they said sorry i complained they didnt do anythingthe pools not well kept kids running wild noisy at night it was awful never go b ack it was to much money low class hotel.

I stayed at Nick Hotel last year in May and will be going again in May of this year. I have never had any problems when there - we actually loved it!

weve stayed there twice and i thought it was ok, beds were clean and comfortable, and kids loved it, nice food, character brekkie was great.
Id say give it a try, for a few nights....dont think id want longer than that there though..lol

I couldn't believe the high prices for this hotel! THanks but no thanks! Also read the rooms were not up to par, dirty, etc... Also bed bug reports!! Yikes.:sad2:

Even though the reviews are 50/50 we are still looking into staying here for a couple nights next year. The $25/night resort fee is a little hard to swallow though. That is very high for a resort fee considering that the price of the hotel rooms here are rather high in comparison to similarly sized suites at other Orlando area hotels. You are definitely paying for the theming. I wouldn't combine a stay here with a Disney trip though as I would want to make sure we take advantage of as many activities and entertainment offered here to get our $$ worth. We would probably spend a couple nights here before or after spending a few nights else where to do a Sea World vacation package. My kids are Nickelodeon fanatics so our time spent here would definitely be for them and I think if you go there with an understanding that it is going to be loud and a little chaotic since it for families with young children, then I think your experience will be what your attitude makes of it. It is really hard to base a decision solely on reviews because the reviews can be a mixed bag. Some reviews are clearly made up and seem like there is an intent (I don't know if it is from competitors or just anti-Nick people) to sway prospective customers away from this hotel; and some reviews seem a little more objective and balanced. I guess we will just have to go and decide for ourselves.

Even though the reviews are 50/50 we are still looking into staying here for a couple nights next year. The $25/night resort fee is a little hard to swallow though. That is very high for a resort fee considering that the price of the hotel rooms here are rather high in comparison to similarly sized suites at other Orlando area hotels. You are definitely paying for the theming. I wouldn't combine a stay here with a Disney trip though as I would want to make sure we take advantage of as many activities and entertainment offered here to get our $$ worth. We would probably spend a couple nights here before or after spending a few nights else where to do a Sea World vacation package. My kids are Nickelodeon fanatics so our time spent here would definitely be for them and I think if you go there with an understanding that it is going to be loud and a little chaotic since it for families with young children, then I think your experience will be what your attitude makes of it. It is really hard to base a decision solely on reviews because the reviews can be a mixed bag. Some reviews are clearly made up and seem like there is an intent (I don't know if it is from competitors or just anti-Nick people) to sway prospective customers away from this hotel; and some reviews seem a little more objective and balanced. I guess we will just have to go and decide for ourselves.

I agree. We are also going to do a Discovery Cove/SW vacation next summer and we will do a night or two at Nick too. Noise and chaos don't bother me. I can sit by the pool and DD can play 'til her hearts content :goodvibes

We're staying at Nick Suites in October post Disney Cruise for a Seaworld/Universal stay. We got the 2 bedroom kid suite for $89/night. Even with the resort fee, I found it to be an incredible value (there are 6 of us).

I'm not at all worried about our stay and have found many positive reviews about the resort. Hotels change frequently and I've found many of the negative reviews to be several years old. None the less, I'm happy to report my findings upon our return.

We're staying at Nick Suites in October post Disney Cruise for a Seaworld/Universal stay. We got the 2 bedroom kid suite for $89/night. Even with the resort fee, I found it to be an incredible value (there are 6 of us).

I'm not at all worried about our stay and have found many positive reviews about the resort. Hotels change frequently and I've found many of the negative reviews to be several years old. None the less, I'm happy to report my findings upon our return.

Please come back and let us (OK, me:goodvibes) know how your stay is. We are planning a night to two next summer when we come down to do Discovery Cove.

I like the Nick, I've yet to meet a kid that said it sucked. And the Nick is all about the kids, if you thnik its about you there lies the problem. It's not the Ritz Carlton by any stretch, but fun for kids and adults if you allow yourself to enjoy it.

And if you only stay disney to avoid bed bugs think again, them critters are everywhere.

http://bedbugregistry.com/search/n:disney/

As I promised I would do, below is a recent review I wrote of Nick Suites on my travel business Facebook Page:

The Wonderlust family had the displeasure of staying at this hotel in October and we were clearly unimpressed. We chose this hotel because of it's kid friendly environment, close proximity to theme parks and room capability to fit a family of 6.

The resort gave the appearance of fun from the outside, however once past the front lobby, the sparkle quickly faded. We believe the idea behind the resort is worthwhile, however something definitely gets lost in translation as it currently stands. The rooms were far from well kept and "clean" was certainly NOT a word we would choose to describe where we stayed for those 6 nights.

Quality didn't appear to be at the forefront of Nick Suite's agenda. One of the two pools were closed during our stay, the activity schedule was sparse, mass slimming happened only once per day at 4pm while most families were at the parks & the onsite cuisine choices were extremely overpriced and quite unappetizing, in our opinion. The onsite general store had an abundance of beer and condoms stocking it's shelves and unfortunately we saw remnants of both littering the property during our stay, including on the elevator floor of our building.

If you are entertaining the idea of visiting Orlando with the kids, this hotel is not one Wonderlust Travel Plans would recommend, however we would be pleased to make several delightful recommendations from our Lovely List for your family.

If you're interested in having Wonderlust Travel plan your next vacation, you can reach us by phone at 303-219-1919 or email info@wonderlustplans.com.

As I promised I would do, below is a recent review I wrote of Nick Suites on my travel business Facebook Page:

The Wonderlust family had the displeasure of staying at this hotel in October and we were clearly unimpressed. We chose this hotel because of it's kid friendly environment, close proximity to theme parks and room capability to fit a family of 6.

The resort gave the appearance of fun from the outside, however once past the front lobby, the sparkle quickly faded. We believe the idea behind the resort is worthwhile, however something definitely gets lost in translation as it currently stands. The rooms were far from well kept and "clean" was certainly NOT a word we would choose to describe where we stayed for those 6 nights.

Quality didn't appear to be at the forefront of Nick Suite's agenda. One of the two pools were closed during our stay, the activity schedule was sparse, mass slimming happened only once per day at 4pm while most families were at the parks & the onsite cuisine choices were extremely overpriced and quite unappetizing, in our opinion. The onsite general store had an abundance of beer and condoms stocking it's shelves and unfortunately we saw remnants of both littering the property during our stay, including on the elevator floor of our building.

If you are entertaining the idea of visiting Orlando with the kids, this hotel is not one Wonderlust Travel Plans would recommend, however we would be pleased to make several delightful recommendations from our Lovely List for your family.

If you're interested in having Wonderlust Travel plan your next vacation, you can reach us by phone at 303-219-1919 or email info@wonderlustplans.com.

Thank you for coming back and posting your review. We were considering staying here to do a Sea World/Legoland trip, but we are on the fence about it. My kids love the Nickelodeon shows and characters so this would definitely be a stay for them, but I don't know if I can justify paying the high nightly rate for these suites (with an additional $25/night resort fee) when the rooms need updated and you still have to pay extra for a lot of the resort activities (4D shows, character breakfast, arcade, etc.). I was thinking of just booking one night here so that the kids could technically have two days to spend at the resort to meet the characters and spend some time in the water park area without us breaking the bank. It really concerns me that there are so many bad reviews about this hotel and Nickelodeon doesn't seem very proactive about protecting the image and reputation of its brand when it comes to public opinion about this place. :confused3

Thanks for your review. I had found a great rate for next summer and had it booked and just canceled today. I just couldn't get past the $25 resort fee, the $15 parking fee and the numerous, recent, poor reviews. We were only going to do 2 nights, but DH decided he'd rather not split the stay and just stay at WDW, so, his wish is granted :). I hadn't even told DD we were planning to stay there, so she won't know what she's missing.

Thank you for coming back and posting your review. We were considering staying here to do a Sea World/Legoland trip, but we are on the fence about it. My kids love the Nickelodeon shows and characters so this would definitely be a stay for them, but I don't know if I can justify paying the high nightly rate for these suites (with an additional $25/night resort fee) when the rooms need updated and you still have to pay extra for a lot of the resort activities (4D shows, character breakfast, arcade, etc.). I was thinking of just booking one night here so that the kids could technically have two days to spend at the resort to meet the characters and spend some time in the water park area without us breaking the bank. It really concerns me that there are so many bad reviews about this hotel and Nickelodeon doesn't seem very proactive about protecting the image and reputation of its brand when it comes to public opinion about this place. :confused3

I really had high hopes for the place. We usually stay at WDW value resorts and there are a considerable amount of less than favorable reviews regarding those resorts as well, if you go to Trip Advisor or other review boards, but we LOVE them, so I always take other's reviews with a grain of salt.

But this time, I was REALLY disappointed, and mind you we got one heck of a deal on our stay, but FREE would have been too much! In fact when we arrived to our room for our 6 night stay just off the Disney Dream, my husband looked at me and said "Honey, we're not in Kansas anymore."

When people ask me how the resort was, I tell them if they think Chuck E Cheese is a classy joint, then they might not be as disappointed as I was. I honestly can't tell you all of the disgusting things I saw because I don't feel they are appropriate to write on a public message board, but if you can imagine the aftermath of a fraternity party you'll start to get the idea.

Although many people stay at Nick Suites for the kids, there were many things I felt my kids should not have had to witness as far as people's behavior and the things that came out of their mouths while at the food court, pool and on the shuttles. I understand that different families have different values, but unless you let your Sponge Bob aged kids watch Spike TV, you might not feel comfortable either. I might add that in our 6 day stay, we did not see any characters except in the restaurant at the character breakfast.

I really had high hopes for the place. We usually stay at WDW value resorts and there are a considerable amount of less than favorable reviews regarding those resorts as well, if you go to Trip Advisor or other review boards, but we LOVE them, so I always take other's reviews with a grain of salt.

But this time, I was REALLY disappointed, and mind you we got one heck of a deal on our stay, but FREE would have been too much! In fact when we arrived to our room for our 6 night stay just off the Disney Dream, my husband looked at me and said "Honey, we're not in Kansas anymore."

When people ask me how the resort was, I tell them if they think Chuck E Cheese is a classy joint, then they might not be as disappointed as I was. I honestly can't tell you all of the disgusting things I saw because I don't feel they are appropriate to write on a public message board, but if you can imagine the aftermath of a fraternity party you'll start to get the idea.

Although many people stay at Nick Suites for the kids, there were many things I felt my kids should not have had to witness as far as people's behavior and the things that came out of their mouths while at the food court, pool and on the shuttles. I understand that different families have different values, but unless you let your Sponge Bob aged kids watch Spike TV, you might not feel comfortable either. I might add that in our 6 day stay, we did not see any characters except in the restaurant at the character breakfast.

I've read several reviews where people have discussed this very issue - the type of clientele that have been staying at the Nick hotel lately (unmannerable, rowdy, etc.). Just because it is supposed to be a fun and carefree place for your kids doesn't mean that it is a "whatever goes" place for adults :sad2:
I have also stayed at a Disney value resort and found it to be a very clean and family friendly environment. I've noticed that most of the negative reviews about the Disney value resorts tend to be that the rooms are small or no frills; but I have yet to see Disney's value resorts get the volume and pattern of negative reviews the Nickelodeon hotel gets. This is why I am surprised that Nickelodeon isn't making the effort to protect the image of their brand when it comes to this hotel; but since their networks' ratings continue to be high with the staying power of Nick Jr and Sponge Bob programming, and the increasing popularity of the Nickelodeon Universe amusment park in the Mall of America, I am guessing that their executives aren't losing sleep over this hotel's bad reviews :confused3
I've adopted the philosophy that we can't see or do it all in regards to all the things/places that interest my kids, and unfortunately this may have to be the case with this hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!