do NOT stay at Nickelodeon!!!

This really is sad. The first time we went to disney we stayed when it was HIFS w/ the hot FREE buffet for uner $100 per night and I was pretty sad when I even heard they were switching to the Nick Hotel. Sounds like the quality has dramatically dropped since then :(.

although the place was older i do have to say the room was clean because i checked every nook & cranny before settling in.

We planned to stay at the Nick hotel for 2 nights after our Disney cruise in March of '08...we got to the room, saw the state of our very stained, sagging mattress and the overall dinginess and mustiness of the room and were crestfallen. (Not a big deal for us, but our room was on the top floor and the elevator was in the next building. If you have any mobility issues, be sure to check on that....not all "wings" have elevators.) They said they would bring up a new mattress, but after waiting for about an hour, we checked out and went to a Comfort Inn-type hotel on I-Drive instead.

Really, IMHO, the Nick hotel is no more than an aging Holiday Inn with a fancy paint job and a big water slide. DD was so looking forward to our stay, and we were just really disappointed.

I passed by this hotel while driving around the local area, last year and was wondering -- do they advertise this hotel heavily to young children on the Nickelodeon channels?

Obviously, we are not Nick people (mainly, because unlike Disney's cable flagship channel, most of what's shown on Nick is nothing but slick marketing/commericials and potty humor), so I know little about the hotel, to begin with.

However, I heard Nick is entering a new arrangement with Marriott to build similar-type hotels around the country -- don't know about the rest of you, but as my Marriott experiences have all been positive, perhaps better things are coming soon...

I passed by this hotel while driving around the local area, last year and was wondering -- do they advertise this hotel heavily to young children on the Nickelodeon channels?

Obviously, we are not Nick people (mainly, because unlike Disney's cable flagship channel, most of what's shown on Nick is nothing but slick marketing/commericials and potty humor), so I know little about the hotel, to begin with.

However, I heard Nick is entering a new arrangement with Marriott to build similar-type hotels around the country -- don't know about the rest of you, but as my Marriott experiences have all been positive, perhaps better things are coming soon...

I am fairly certain I have seen commercials on Nick channel for this place recently, so I do believe they advertise there.(idk about heavily but its there)

I too have had only good experiences with Marriott so if that is the case I would like to see this happen.

I have been toying with the idea of staying at this hotel but imo its fairly overpriced from the bad things I have heard about it.

Wow....I'm so glad to hear about this. My kids have been dying to stay here. My 7 year old twins are huge Spongebob fans (can't even begin to figure out why :confused3) but we were going to surprise all of them with a stay there after our Disney cruise next August.... After reading this, I don't think so.... that is just disgusting! :scared1:

OMG!! I am so glad I read this thread. My boys have really been wanting to stay here but not after what I just read. It really amazes me the room is in that poor a condition and people pay what they charge! Unbelieveable!! Thanks for all the feedback...

We spent two nights there after Disney in early October and there was no problem at all with our room. In fact, for the comparable price ($79 for Nick vs. $82 for ASMo), the room was much nicer (newer, larger, cleaner and better equipped) than our Disney All-Star Movies room. There was a separate kids room with bunk beds and a nice king for us in a colourful and recently-painted room. There were three TVs as well, one for each bedroom and a larger one in the living room. Fridge and microwave were included as well.

Now, that said, while the kids enjoyed themselves we wouldn't stay there again. We felt nickled-and-dimed at every step, with constant (as soon as you check in, as soon as you make a dining reservation) bombardment for their timeshare (the DVC was fairly inconspicuous by comparison).

We booked the character breakfast and "enjoyed" the sub-par quality buffet and got to meet Dora, Boots, Little Bill (coming from Canada without Nickelodeon I have not the slightest clue who this was -- my kids figured it was Chris Rock's character in Everybody Hates Chris) and Spongebob.

The characters do autographs, but unlike Disney the autographs are just stamps put into the autograph book by their handlers. I can understand that in the case of Spongebob, since he doesn't have human hands, but it felt really cheap.

The water park was alright. The pool was large and warm and we spent a lot of time there, but there was a bit of a cool breeze (the ONLY day with a cool breeze in our whole trip!) and the water in the waterslide was FREEZING cold. So we never used the waterslide, although a few intrepid souls were braving the frigid torrent.

So, long story short, the hotel was nicely appointed and clean (we were also concerned having read the comments above), the swimming facilities were quite nice. For a single stay it was alright, but it's not worth a re-visit.

Thank you for saving me from a bad stay!! Everyone jokes about how picky I am about hotels...

Buuuut my kids are obsessed with Nick characters and literally squealed.. yes squealed when they saw they could get slimed.. believe me getting a reserved 10yr old boy and a girly 4 yr old girl excited about the same things is darn near impossible..

I booked a 2 room kids suite for over $200/nt thinking it would pretty nice.. maybe a bit garish.. I heard the rooms described on this board once as if the Nick channel had puked all over the walls lol but I could live with that.. but mould?! not a chance!
We tried the Pop once and I won't go into it.. but it was a nightmare of mould issues..

Cancelling the Nick now.. I can tell from the trip reports it probably wouldn't be a good fit for me personally.. and I would just end up complaining lol.. so again thanks for the heads up!

Maybe I'll try to get a cheaper room one day so they can go to the character breakfast and do the waterpark (but not stay the night) if it's worth it..??

Oh man, you are really going to be disappointed going from AKV to the Nick Hotel! Are you staying the night, or just going to use the pools, etc.?

We went to the Nick Hotel on 11/3 for the day - we got there around 1 and the kids were excited. We got upgraded to a two-bedroom suite for free, but I told the woman we weren't staying the night but anyway...

The boys enjoyed the pool, and my little one got called up as a contestant for an afternoon show. The room was fine, and honestly it looked quite clean but I think I was spoiled after spending the morning at AKV. We just showered and hit the road around dinner time. For us it was the cost of a day at a water park and that's how we thought of it. I think it'd be a good pre or post one night cruise stay.

We just spent four nights there in early November. We had a one bedroom with full kitchen and paid well under $100 per night.
Although it was no Disney resort, we found our room to be clean (and I am a germophobe)
I thought for the price, it was a really nice hotel for a great price. We were visiting places other than Disney on this trip, so we chose a non disney hotel. I would go back for the same reason, but I would not want to go there for a Disney park trip. Too much PITA with there VERY limited bussing.

We just spent four nights there in early November. We had a one bedroom with full kitchen and paid well under $100 per night.
Although it was no Disney resort, we found our room to be clean (and I am a germophobe)
I thought for the price, it was a really nice hotel for a great price. We were visiting places other than Disney on this trip, so we chose a non disney hotel. I would go back for the same reason, but I would not want to go there for a Disney park trip. Too much PITA with there VERY limited bussing.

How did you get such an awesome rate? Are there better places to book than just through their website?

I saw travelocity.com it was 76 a night. thought about staying but all the bad reviews have turned me away. also the resort fee is 25 a night. not worth it unless u plan to do all those activities.

Oh Man! We are staying there in about two weeks (only because I booked a non-refundable rate $79 for a 1-bedroom suite for two nights). I originally had us booked twice (once in March for spring break, and once in June to start off our summer vacation), but after one afternoon on the phone with THE WORST customer service EVER, I told them to cancel the June ressie (and my Christianity prevented me from telling the woman on the other line, whose speech was unintelligible to put it mildly, where exactly she could stick the whole set of reservations.) but I digress.... I am hoping and hoping that this trip won't be horrendous. I have a 2-year-old who (unfortunately) has been chanting "nick hotel, nick hotel..." for months. I will return to this thread to let you know how it goes. :thumbsup2

send some good vibes :goodvibes from the 13th through the 15th, ok?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter