• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DL tickets and reservations - April 15!

I have 3 day SoCal tickets and reserved two park days at the end of May... when I look at the tickets on the app there is a "blockout calendar" below the barcodes. It's showing me blocked out for the next 90 days... anyone else see this? What gives?
No, I also have the SoCal tickets and reservations in June, but no "blockout calendar" in the app.

Ok @maichan thanks for the feedback. I can still make other park reservations and I know that those SoCal tickets already have a few specified blockout dates... probably just a glitch of some sort. I won't pay attention to it

They may just wait it out. It's not unlike Disney to do that too. At the same time, they were the ones creating this issue by making the first two weeks Tier 5 tickets with truncated hours. That's pretty lousy optics too as well as 1/2 filled mid-week parks with the price point of tickets x2 of Universal.

I wouldn't do SoCal only --just using that as the example of a lever Disney has pulled to tap a market to fill in attendance during a projected low period. --

My offer would be: Release a limited time offer of multi-use mid-week ticket that's good until June 30th. That'll fill in a lot of space and offer locals a bargain piece to balance the loss of AP

I don't think it's fair to compare a 1-day parkhopper to 1-day Universal ticket (which is how I think you are calculating the 2x price difference). A 1-day park hopper at DL provides access to 46 different attractions across two parks. Universal has 8 attractions open and one show. Fully 1/3 of their already-limited attractions are currently closed. I honestly think it's more crazy that Universal is charging $99-$129 for single day tickets. The Annual Passes at Universal can be a good value but honestly, a 1-day visit every three months was enough for us the year we had annual passes there. It's definitely a different experience than Disney.

Last edited:
I don't think it's fair to compare a 1-day parkhopper to 1-day Universal ticket (which is how I think you are calculating the 2x price difference) A 1-day park hopper at DL provides access to 46 different attractions across two parks. Universal has 8 attractions open and one show. Fully 1/3 of their already limited attractions are currently closed. I honestly think it's more crazy that Universal is charging $99-$129 for single day tickets. The Annual Passes at Universal can be a good value but honestly, a 1-day visit every three months was enough for us the year we had annual passes there. It's definitely a different experience than Disney.
Totally agree - 1day universal every quarter is a good dosing regimen. Same for most theme parks like Knotts, Seaworld, Six Flags.

I'm just comparing simple 1 day tickets and value proposition for that crop of visits. Disney can absolutely take 3 days if you take a leisure pace and take in all the activities.

They may just wait it out. It's not unlike Disney to do that too. At the same time, they were the ones creating this issue by making the first two weeks Tier 5 tickets with truncated hours. That's pretty lousy optics too as well as 1/2 filled mid-week parks with the price point of tickets x2 of Universal.

I wouldn't do SoCal only --just using that as the example of a lever Disney has pulled to tap a market to fill in attendance during a projected low period. --

My offer would be: Release a limited time offer of multi-use mid-week ticket that's good until June 30th. That'll fill in a lot of space and offer locals a bargain piece to balance the loss of AP

The entire existence of Tiered pricing 1 day tickets when they are limiting capacity is bad optics.

How do you say one day is worth more than another when the attendance will be the same regardless? Or when the hours and offerings actually differ but yet the days are all the same tier?

It makes no sense and just looks greedy.

Can you switch days on your tickets?

Sorry, reservation days. Not tier days, two day tickets... so no tiers!

Can you switch days on your tickets?

Sorry, reservation days. Not tier days, two day tickets... so no tiers!
It says you can cancel up until 11:59pm the day before your reservation. So while you can’t technically switch, you are able to cancel and rebook it looks like. But maybe there is something in the system that allows you to modify instead of cancel 🤷‍♀️

How do you say one day is worth more than another when the attendance will be the same regardless? Or when the hours and offerings actually differ but yet the days are all the same tier?

It makes no sense and just looks greedy.

When I fly to LA, there are multiple flights to the same airport, but they all have a different price. It's all supply and demand. Higher demand for preferred times. No different at DL. More people want to go on opening day or a weekend after Avengers Campus opens than some random weekday in the middle of May.

I don’t eat deep-fried foods or sugar myself but I thought I might bring a box of donuts for the people in line on opening day. I wonder if folks might be wary, given the pandemic. Thoughts?

Probably 2 different types of people. Those who would gladly take a donut and those who would probably look at you like you were crazy. Maybe some kind of individually packaged pastry would go over better?

I don’t eat deep-fried foods or sugar myself but I thought I might bring a box of donuts for the people in line on opening day. I wonder if folks might be wary, given the pandemic. Thoughts?

It’s a really sweet gesture, but maybe try something that comes individually wrapped? I remember seeing 7-11 sells all of their donuts in individual wrappers now. That way you don’t have a bunch of different people reaching into a box of uncovered food.

Some people will, some not so much. I noticed a huge shift in Californians from when I travelled in February and very few people were vaccinated, sooo many people at the airport were like me KNs + shields, really precautionary. When we went to ToD earlier this month all the adults in my party were vaccinated and at the airport and Disney, I saw a lot less shields/KNs, much more relaxed crowd. I'm thinking bc a lot of the difficulty in getting vaccinated was finding those links to get appointments, the sort of people who use airports and theme parks probably have a higher percentage of the population vaccinated than at large. Long way of saying by next month I think you'll have a good chunk of instant friends in line if you bring donuts.

My only concern would be eating / drinking in line. Is it going to be allowed? I sure hope so because the thought of waiting without coffee isn't a happy one, but if it means I'm waiting to get in it's all good.

My only concern would be eating / drinking in line. Is it going to be allowed? I sure hope so because the thought of waiting without coffee isn't a happy one, but if it means I'm waiting to get in it's all good.

This is not allowed in DTD, nor for Touch of Disney, so I don't think they will allow eating and drinking in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter