DL tickets and reservations - April 15!

My only concern would be eating / drinking in line. Is it going to be allowed? I sure hope so because the thought of waiting without coffee isn't a happy one, but if it means I'm waiting to get in it's all good.
No. Disney doesn’t allow any eating or drinking in their queues right now.
Edit: this is specifically for rides.

Thanks everyone! That’s what I’ll do. Might only be able to get six, since a dozen in a box is probably cheaper but that’s a very First-World problem ;-).

Our local Albertsons here in OC sells boxes of individually wrapped Krispy Kreme donuts and pouches of donut holes. They had original glazed, chocolate cake glazed, and crullers. I think it's a new product...I saw them today for the first time. In the bakery/deli area. I think this might be a good option. They aren't expensive.

I may have missed this up-thread.
April 30th and first 2 weeks of May now showing available both parks, for Parkhopper bucket. Wasn't 4/30 and others completely booked for DL? They must have released more.

4/30 was sold out for PH at one point, yes.

Either releasing more or people are cancelling. Honestly not sure :confused3 . Could be both!

Maybe they shifted some from the hotel group. Those have been available all along.
Is hotel bucket active now? I know how to view it, but didn't think it was "live". I can go through my reservation, but can't go next step because all my tickets are full.

Interesting: Hotel bucket shows April 30th DCA only. Parkhopper still has both. I think they released more. May 1st (Saturday) was also booked, I think. Now available.

I havent looked at it in a few days since there was some hope for out of state. But a few days ago, when I signed into my hotel I could look and everything was open. I have old active tickets though too, so maybe that’s how I could see it.

My reservation at the GCH has allowed park booking availability for the 30 through the weekend this entire time. Cool that Dland has opened up more slots so that people can get in on a PH. 😍

Is hotel bucket active now? I know how to view it, but didn't think it was "live". I can go through my reservation, but can't go next step because all my tickets are full.
It seemingly went live on April 15th. I hadn't looked at it for a while (so this might not be new), but this is the first time that I've seen any park day "sold out" on the hotel bucket. My initial reaction was that they simply moved some opening weekend capacity from the hotel bucket to the park hopper bucket.

If others want to see the hotel bucket:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/av...gments=ticket,ph,resort&defaultSegment=ticket

The pre-opening line isn’t really a “line” until it starts moving. It’s people hunkered down on distanced markers, possibly for hours. While a while group pulling their masks off entirely and laying down a feast is probably an issue, discreetly eating a snack or sipping some coffee, with masks on in between, is unlikely to be an issue.

When we were waiting at the gates for Touch of Disney, I had a Starbucks and was unhooking my mask occasionally to drink it. My daughter had a packet of trail mix. A few people around us were also finishing up drinks and snacks. Since we were stationary + distanced, that was within the rules. However, once we started moving, everyone’s food went away, drinks were finished and put in the trash, etc.

I’m not sure about passing out food and eating it immediately - could attract a CM to shut down eating, especially if they’re being very attentive to the rules on opening day, which I suspect they will be.

The pre-opening line isn’t really a “line” until it starts moving. It’s people hunkered down on distanced markers, possibly for hours. While a while group pulling their masks off entirely and laying down a feast is probably an issue, discreetly eating a snack or sipping some coffee, with masks on in between, is unlikely to be an issue.

When we were waiting at the gates for Touch of Disney, I had a Starbucks and was unhooking my mask occasionally to drink it. My daughter had a packet of trail mix. A few people around us were also finishing up drinks and snacks. Since we were stationary + distanced, that was within the rules. However, once we started moving, everyone’s food went away, drinks were finished and put in the trash, etc.

I’m not sure about passing out food and eating it immediately - could attract a CM to shut down eating, especially if they’re being very attentive to the rules on opening day, which I suspect they will be.
Those lines are probably ok when you are just waiting, but the ride and store lines don’t allow any eating or drinking.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...hecklist-for-your-visit-to-disneyland-resort/
To help us with physical distancing requirements, we don’t encourage early arrivals, and line ups will not be allowed prior to 6 a.m. on opening weekend, when the parking structures and security screenings will open. Note that state guidelines prohibit eating or drinking while waiting in line, so please finish your coffee in the car first.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter