DL tickets and reservations - April 15!

Btw - as far as speculation, I think this has the biggest potential for problems on Friday:

"If you do not have an applicable theme park reservation confirmation, you will not be granted access to the theme parks."

I'm suspicious that there's going to be a surprisingly large of people who bought tickets off of the 1-Day calendar and walked away assuming that was all they needed to do, since it didn't drop them immediately into park reservations. (I feel like Disney could save themselves a lot of a potential mess if they sent out an email to all new-ticket purchasers that don't currently have reservations, reminding them of that.)

We've already seen that reported here (but it was resolved I believe) and I've seen a few people on Facebook as well think that selecting what day they wanted when purchasing a 1-day ticket was good enough. They missed the wording after purchase that said to now make a reservation. So very likely a few or more may think they have reservations :confused3

I'm sure there will also be those who show up not realizing reservations are needed at all.

It's going to be an interesting new world going forward. May the CMs encounter only mostly polite guests.

We've already seen that reported here (but it was resolved I believe) and I've seen a few people on Facebook as well think that selecting what day they wanted when purchasing a 1-day ticket was good enough. They missed the wording after purchase that said to now make a reservation. So very likely a few or more may think they have reservations :confused3

I'm sure there will also be those who show up not realizing reservations are needed at all.
Those would be people who are just oblivious in general - reservations are a prominent, top-of-fold feature of the home page of the website. When you go to the ticket purchase page, there's a similarly prominent notice that says that reservations are required. So, unless it's people who already had tickets and didn't need to go through the site to purchase them, everybody ought to be aware. If they're not, I don't know what else Disney could do to make them aware.

The wording about parking makes it sound like they might check for reservations at the decks. (Wondering if that might be more than just a verbal check.)

"When you arrive at the toll booths for Mickey & Friends or Pixar Pals parking structures, you will be asked if you have tickets and a theme park reservation. Because you will already have a theme park reservation, there’s no need to rush or get here early. But do allow time for a leisurely stroll along the pedestrian bridge from the parking structures, as the tram will not be operating. For your convenience, stroller, wheelchair and ECV rentals will be available at the parking structures."

That would at least avoid putting that on the gate CMs.

Those would be people who are just oblivious in general - reservations are a prominent, top-of-fold feature of the home page of the website. When you go to the ticket purchase page, there's a similarly prominent notice that says that reservations are required. So, unless it's people who already had tickets and didn't need to go through the site to purchase them, everybody ought to be aware. If they're not, I don't know what else Disney could do to make them aware.

Oh I do agree the information is there. But people are not always the most aware when they're focused on something sadly. I think it should be fairly obvious personally. But I'm a person who reads the fine print before I agree to something.

I actually know someone that is fairly Disney obsessed that didn't realize DLR didn't open last summer the first time they tried to reopen. I'm not sure how, but they missed it got cancelled. Note this conversation with them happened about a month after DLR was supposed to open last summer; not recent.

When I was in DTD during ToD, I witnessed several people trying to go to DCA for shopping after it had already been closed awhile for the shopping extension.

I also have read about people driving down expecting to go because if WDW is open, DLR must be open :confused3

I've long learned people will tune out a lot.

The wording about parking makes it sound like they might check for reservations at the decks. (Wondering if that might be more than just a verbal check.)

"When you arrive at the toll booths for Mickey & Friends or Pixar Pals parking structures, you will be asked if you have tickets and a theme park reservation. Because you will already have a theme park reservation, there’s no need to rush or get here early. But do allow time for a leisurely stroll along the pedestrian bridge from the parking structures, as the tram will not be operating. For your convenience, stroller, wheelchair and ECV rentals will be available at the parking structures."

That would at least avoid putting that on the gate CMs.

I wonder what they'll do at the Harbor entrance. It's going to be so interesting to see how all of this is handled.

That’s what I’m getting at. People are talking about morning coffee outside the gates and ride lines in the same conversation, and I don’t think they’re the same thing if there’s an hours-long wait out front.
I stand corrected; the “know before you go” thing specifically says to finish your coffee in your car.

I feel bad for CMs trying to enforce that in the esplanade because I imagine a lot of people won’t know and will bring coffee, especially if you’re walking from a Harbor hotel. I wonder if they’ll let you carry coffee through security, even? Hmmm.

Oh I do agree the information is there. But people are not always the most aware when they're focused on something sadly. I think it should be fairly obvious personally. But I'm a person who reads the fine print before I agree to something.

I actually know someone that is fairly Disney obsessed that didn't realize DLR didn't open last summer the first time they tried to reopen. I'm not sure how, but they missed it got cancelled. Note this conversation with them happened about a month after DLR was supposed to open last summer; not recent.

When I was in DTD during ToD, I witnessed several people trying to go to DCA for shopping after it had already been closed awhile for the shopping extension.

I also have read about people driving down expecting to go because if WDW is open, DLR must be open :confused3

I've long learned people will tune out a lot.
That's insane!!!! I really hope there aren't too many people in this situation. I remember seeing so many people on Facebook and here being super helpful and sharing tips and reminders. I hope that was enough to catch the bulk of people in that situation......

I actually think it was confusing for those who purchased one-day tickets. You had to choose a day on the calendar in order to buy the ticket so it “felt” like you had a reservation for that day. It happened to my friend and she never would have made the reservation had I not mentioned the separate step to her. 😬

I actually think it was confusing for those who purchased one-day tickets. You had to choose a day on the calendar in order to buy the ticket so it “felt” like you had a reservation for that day. It happened to my friend and she never would have made the reservation had I not mentioned the separate step to her. 😬
I think this is the problem - there does seem to be a group of people out there who assumed when they clicked on a specific date, that’s what “making a reservation” WAS. So it doesn’t matter how many times Disney says, “you need a ticket and a reservation” - they’re nodding, like, “yup, I’ve got that, I’m all set!” But they don’t.

The way that system worked was so wonky and not intuitive, and it’s frontline CMs who will be dealing with the confused and angry guests. 😬

Hello, yes, I am the person that bought a single day ticket and assumed that I also had a reservation. Granted, I was buying my ticket at work, while helping a coworker over the phone, definitely not reading ALL of the text on the screen. But I was concerned that I would get kicked from the system if I didn't complete my purchase in a timely fashion. I saw the email come through with my ticket and thought 'cool, done, back to work'. Later I was listening to a Disney youtuber's live stream, and he said 'gee I hope folks realize they also need to make a reservation'. Then I actually opened up my email confirmation, scrolled down, and saw the link to make a reservation. By then, the day I had selected was no longer an option. So, yes, I was a little 'oblivious' that day. But I also think Disney's websites could be 50% better. Hopefully the word is getting around enough that no one actually shows up thinking they have a reservation when they don't.

Yes, agreed! I'm glad they are trying to catch folks like me and get them on the right path to corndogs and magic!

It makes me concerned how many one day tickets that are not attached to a reservation must exist for Disney to actually do something 😬

Don't get me wrong! I'm really glad it seems they're trying to reach out. But we all know it's got to be a big enough problem for Disney to dedicate any resources to it. Even just a reminder email :rotfl:

Here's hoping this catches those who missed they still need a reservation! Better to deal with this now.

FWIW I got the email reminder to book a reservation again today too and I don't have any one day tickets. I do have a 2-day ParkHopper child ticket in my account that doesn't have a reservation associated with it (along with two adult 2day PH's that DO have reservations) so maybe anyone with tickets but not reservations got the email?

Agree that it seems like they're at least trying to make sure people understand since their system was potentially confusing.

FWIW I got the email reminder to book a reservation again today too and I don't have any one day tickets. I do have a 2-day ParkHopper child ticket in my account that doesn't have a reservation associated with it (along with two adult 2day PH's that DO have reservations) so maybe anyone with tickets but not reservations got the email?

Agree that it seems like they're at least trying to make sure people understand since their system was potentially confusing.

Maybe just covering all bases?

Tickets? No reservations attached to those tickets? Email!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter