• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I made my reservation about a month ago for Pop in February the cast member told me it was not likely to be running anyway because if there was wind, rain, sunshine ⛈💨☀️It would be closed and he felt it would be closed more than open😳😱🙄. I was not happy to hear that at all.

When I made my reservation about a month ago for Pop in February the cast member told me it was not likely to be running anyway because if there was wind, rain, sunshine ⛈💨☀It would be closed and he felt it would be closed more than open😳😱🙄. I was not happy to hear that at all.

Yet another example of phone CMs being clueless. Based on everything I've read about these systems, I suspect it will be down less than the boats and monorail.

I don't want to get off track on this thread so I'll just briefly address these 2 things:

Air conditioning -- there are places much hotter than FL that have these systems and don't have a/c. No one dies. CMs who have done rides this week have reported that there is actually quite a bit of airflow (more than they were expecting) and that heat was not a problem while riding them -- it was better than standing in the heat waiting for a bus.

Lightning - The system is safe to use with lightning in the area however Disney has said they will stop the system when lightning was in a certain range (I believe it was more like 8-10 miles away -- probably to allow them time to clear the system). Most legs of the system are a 5-7 minute ride. The CBR-EP leg is more like 14-15 minutes. It's very unlikely that people will ever be stuck on a gondola during a storm (though I know storms can pop up anywhere at any time so it's not impossible).

There are plenty of places to read accurate information about these systems including other Disney message boards where people who have actually worked with or frequently/regularly ride this kind of system for years have been sharing information. That's where this discussion should move to. Bottom line, this system is not some new thing that Disney designed and is unique to them. It's been used for transportation in many major cities around the world for dozens of years. It is extremely safe (safer than the buses, really) but if people aren't comfortable with it, they shouldn't stay at one of the Skyliner resorts. Frankly, I hope a lot of people aren't comfortable with it and stop staying at Pop & AoA -- I love when the resort is empty. :D
AMEN!

When I made my reservation about a month ago for Pop in February the cast member told me it was not likely to be running anyway because if there was wind, rain, sunshine ⛈💨☀It would be closed and he felt it would be closed more than open😳😱🙄. I was not happy to hear that at all.
We’ve been here for 9 days and they’ve run almost constantly from sun up until we’ll after dark. I anticipate them being a very reliable source of transportation!!

Last edited:
In line at the Pop desk right now. Here’s where the CMs with the electronic devices appear to be stationed most often...at the front of the line right before going to a desk rather than before guests enter the line.

I’ve also noticed that guests who feel they have a ‘quick question’ tend to hover outside the roped off area, close to where Guest Relations was previously. When CMs leave their stations to get the next guest in line they call out to them and are often assisted, thus skipping the line everyone else is waiting in.

I was told this is the new format for all resorts but personally I don’t find it works very well. We had new MagicBands that we’re supposed to arrive today and between this morning and tonight I’ve waited more than an hour in line. :(

In line at the Pop desk right now. Here’s where the CMs with the electronic devices appear to be stationed most often...at the front of the line right before going to a desk rather than before guests enter the line.

View attachment 436143

I’ve also noticed that guests who feel they have a ‘quick question’ tend to hover outside the roped off area, close to where Guest Relations was previously. When CMs leave their stations to get the next guest in line they call out to them and are often assisted, thus skipping the line everyone else is waiting in.

I was told this is the new format for all resorts but personally I don’t find it works very well. We had new MagicBands that we’re supposed to arrive today and between this morning and tonight I’ve waited more than an hour in line. :(

I wasn’t going to online check in for our trip in 10 days but now wondering if I should. We will probably get to the resort after 7pm but I don’t want to wait in a huge line to check in. What time was that photo taken?

I wasn’t going to online check in for our trip in 10 days but now wondering if I should. We will probably get to the resort after 7pm but I don’t want to wait in a huge line to check in. What time was that photo taken?
9:45 pm I would highly recommend doing online check-in!

I had one final question to ask and also the wayward bands showed up at 12:30am. (My daughter noticed the light on the phone blinking. They didn’t call and wake us up at midnight! :) ) Anyway, since we’re leaving tomorrow :( :( and I didn’t want to stand in line again in the morning, I went to the desk at 12:45an and was still in a little line. It took seconds to get to a CM but it’s hard to avoid lines at the Pop desk. They’re working hard, just a busy resort!!

That trip we waited for 5 Epcot buses to come and fill to capacity before we made it into the 6th bus. We waited approx 25 mins.
Five (even six) buses in 25 minutes is fantastic! The typical gap between one bus and the next is about 20 minutes!
Ski lifts are not unairconditioned boxes in Florida, the lightning capital of the world.
You might be thinking of Central Africa? https://www.reference.com/geography/lightning-capital-world-52a9775685200c0d I'm relatively certain Disney has the ventilation thing covered, no pun intended.
Can you ship a box from Pop Century to your home and what is the process???? I have looked on the tread and it is so long could not find a good answer Thanks....
There's a pinned thread addressing this for all resorts - see Shipping to and from Your Resort.

Five (even six) buses in 25 minutes is fantastic! The typical gap between one bus and the next is about 20 minutes!

You’re right, it was!! And again this trip we have found Disney bus services to the parks in the morning and then home again at park closing to be excellent!! Many times bus after bus arriving minutes after one left if not waiting behind it before the first one even pulled out of the loading area!

I will say going to Disney Springs or a water park may take longer but with the exception of once when we waited 35 minutes for a Typhoon Lagoon bus to arrive, they always arrived within the suggested 20 minute window and often far more frequently than that. We’re leaving today after 10 days of much travel in Disney transportation (yesterday did multiple parks so used various formats of transportation) and we don’t have a single complaint!! (Well, unless I count the Skyliner that flew almost constantly and taunted us our entire trip! ;) )

Yes, we're aware you refuse to utilize the Skyliner. Repeatedly referring to them as "death buckets" is completely unnecessary.

As is repeatedly berating me for it as has been done on here. Glad this will be my last trip to Pop coming up.

When I made my reservation about a month ago for Pop in February the cast member told me it was not likely to be running anyway because if there was wind, rain, sunshine ⛈💨☀️It would be closed and he felt it would be closed more than open😳😱🙄. I was not happy to hear that at all.
That’s ridiculous.

So to avoid standing in line I wonder if I could just call the front desk to opt out of mousekeeping ?

I called to opt out of mousekeeping just a few months ago in June. They asked me what email address to send the giftcard to and I got in within an hour or 2.
I didn't know we could do this! We arrive in 12 days. Did you call the day of arrival?

Huh?? :confused3 Sorry.... just confused by your reasoning. That is 2 years away?!

All transportation changes I believe are being done because they are needed but also because they think crowds are going to get much bigger for 2021/2022. I also heard rumors about the buses not being reduced so that is where I am making my guess from. I have no idea if I am right or not, just speculating like everyone else. What I was saying is that Disney is adding the upgraded buses more and more each week, and I heard that some are being added in addition to the current bus fleet and that they will need all the help they can get to move people to and from the parks in the upcoming years that yes, maybe the rest of this year and perhaps next year the buses may decrease, but I think that they will eventually end up with more buses than before for the 50th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter