Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, we just leave them in a bag or whatever we have with us on our chair. Probably not the safest or smartest thing in the world, but for us itā€™s a calculated risk weā€™re ok to take.
I am another just leave my phone on my chair. Itā€™s under a towel to keep cool but still just left there.

There is always a chance but I can keep an eye on my chair easily enough since I donā€™t have any kids/distractions.

I also make an effort to say hello to people sitting near me. I always say ā€œI am aloneā€™ . Silly but when I am out there myself (family elsewhere) I kind of assume they will watch my stuff since I tend to watch others stuff when Iā€™m at a pool. Lol I feel like we all one happy Disney lovinā€™ family.

I donā€™t consider myself TOO overly paranoid, but when it comes to something that someone could easily just casually walk by and grab without even pausing I just think it would be so easy Iā€™m too nervous to do it. I know I see phones and even what looks like wallets just sitting in peoples towels or chairs at the pools water parks or even strollers at the parks. I donā€™t go crazy, but I use a locking stroller hangar to attach our diaper bag to the stroller handle (I also donā€™t leave anything in it but diaper bag ā€œstuffā€, but the bag is expensive lol! Plus the annoyance of losing it) and donā€™t take my phone or cc to the pool if I donā€™t lock it them in something. Iā€™ve never had something stollen at Disney, and donā€™t hear of it often, but when I think of the expense and HUGE hassle of replacing a phone (and of all of the stuff on in that I may or may not have backed up in a way I can easily retrieve it, since Iā€™m not tech savvy with the cloud, etc) or credit cards and/or ID it just isnā€™t a risk Iā€™m willing to take. Iā€™ve done it occasionally, either on accident or when I felt like I didnā€™t have a choice without a huge hassle and I was always worried enough I decided it wasnā€™t worth it. My biggest concern is not the professional thief, but a lowlife who just sees a bag and decides itā€™s worth the risk of grabbing it on the off chance there is something good in it. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m never sure about putting things in a bag vs just under a towel, etc... grabbing an entire bag is easy. If they see you walk away they know who you are and can casually do a bump and grab or stumble and grab and itā€™s gone. If they are good people around wonā€™t even notice. Just my $.02, I certainly donā€™t have expect everyone to think the same :-)

So what does everyone do with their valuables while at the pool? I know, leave them in the room. However, we will most likely need to have a phone b/c we usually aren't all going at the same time. Has there been issues with theft at the pools? Thanks

In the wife's beach bag.

I donā€™t consider myself TOO overly paranoid, but when it comes to something that someone could easily just casually walk by and grab without even pausing I just think it would be so easy Iā€™m too nervous to do it. I know I see phones and even what looks like wallets just sitting in peoples towels or chairs at the pools water parks or even strollers at the parks. I donā€™t go crazy, but I use a locking stroller hangar to attach our diaper bag to the stroller handle (I also donā€™t leave anything in it but diaper bag ā€œstuffā€, but the bag is expensive lol! Plus the annoyance of losing it) and donā€™t take my phone or cc to the pool if I donā€™t lock it them in something. Iā€™ve never had something stollen at Disney, and donā€™t hear of it often, but when I think of the expense and HUGE hassle of replacing a phone (and of all of the stuff on in that I may or may not have backed up in a way I can easily retrieve it, since Iā€™m not tech savvy with the cloud, etc) or credit cards and/or ID it just isnā€™t a risk Iā€™m willing to take. Iā€™ve done it occasionally, either on accident or when I felt like I didnā€™t have a choice without a huge hassle and I was always worried enough I decided it wasnā€™t worth it. My biggest concern is not the professional thief, but a lowlife who just sees a bag and decides itā€™s worth the risk of grabbing it on the off chance there is something good in it. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m never sure about putting things in a bag vs just under a towel, etc... grabbing an entire bag is easy. If they see you walk away they know who you are and can casually do a bump and grab or stumble and grab and itā€™s gone. If they are good people around wonā€™t even notice. Just my $.02, I certainly donā€™t have expect everyone to think the same :-)
The poly pools at least need a mb to get in. Still a prof can find a way.

My dd had her phone stolen at a club in DC last summer. They were professionals.

There were several people at closing looking for phones.

We all had to change passwords etc. (to be safe since she used my cc at times) While not fun it wasnā€™t the worse thing.

She locked her phone right away so that helped.

Iā€™ll take your 2 cents. I always appreciate anotherā€™s perspective. Thanks šŸ˜€

I am another just leave my phone on my chair. Itā€™s under a towel to keep cool but still just left there.

There is always a chance but I can keep an eye on my chair easily enough since I donā€™t have any kids/distractions.

I also make an effort to say hello to people sitting near me. I always say ā€œI am aloneā€™ . Silly but when I am out there myself (family elsewhere) I kind of assume they will watch my stuff since I tend to watch others stuff when Iā€™m at a pool. Lol I feel like we all one happy Disney lovinā€™ family.

Ditto. Im with my family, but its rare we are all in the water at the same time. A few times, Ive been asked at the pools and water parks to watch peoples stuff. Only for a few minutes though.......restroom, grab a drink, maybe one ride etc... Nobody has ever left me for hours watching their things.

For our things, I leave them in a beach bag. I dont necessarily ask someone to watch it, but if I have been sitting near the same family for a while, and they know what we look like, I would hope they would know if a stranger is taking my things and speak up. Ive never had an issue though, ever.

I have been contemplating ordering a BDay cake and having it delivered to a restaurant during my trip. I do have a pool patio rented on my actual BDay and was wondering if I could have it delivered there, or should I just have it delivered to our room and I carry it to the patio? Figured it might be nice if we have leftovers to be able to bring it back to our room. Our dinner that night is at HS and we have going to Fantasmic after dinner. I would have to leave the cake behind.

I have been contemplating ordering a BDay cake and having it delivered to a restaurant during my trip. I do have a pool patio rented on my actual BDay and was wondering if I could have it delivered there, or should I just have it delivered to our room and I carry it to the patio? Figured it might be nice if we have leftovers to be able to bring it back to our room. Our dinner that night is at HS and we have going to Fantasmic after dinner. I would have to leave the cake behind.

Big caveat that I don't know if you can have it delivered to the patio as I have never tried... but just judging from the way things work with Disney deliveries from various departments, I'm going to say it would probably be easier to have it delivered to your room and just carry it out there when ready. You never know with weather and such but your room will always be available for delivery.

So what does everyone do with their valuables while at the pool? I know, leave them in the room. However, we will most likely need to have a phone b/c we usually aren't all going at the same time. Has there been issues with theft at the pools? Thanks
We bought this for a cruise. Perfect for a couple of cell phones, wallet, passports.
Master Lock 5900D

So, the comments about locking things up at the pool has me curious...is there a clock at the pool? That's probably the only reason we would take our phones with us.

So, the comments about locking things up at the pool has me curious...is there a clock at the pool? That's probably the only reason we would take our phones with us.

Dont quote me.....but..... I sort of remember one being at the barefoot pool bar. Could have been a bar at one of the waterparks, but I really think it was at the Poly. I can picture it, but cant picture what was around it!!!

Worst case scenario is you can keep buying drinks and look at the time on your receipt :)

Dont quote me.....but..... I sort of remember one being at the barefoot pool bar. Could have been a bar at one of the waterparks, but I really think it was at the Poly. I can picture it, but cant picture what was around it!!!

Worst case scenario is you can keep buying drinks and look at the time on your receipt :)
:drinking1

:rotfl2:

This is going to sound like it is a brag, but it is true.

I accidentally left a gold Rolex Submariner, worth about 30 thousand dollars, on a sun lounger at the Polynesian last august unattended for about 30 minutes after taking it off to apply sun cream. Only noticed i didnt have it on when I got back and saw it on the sunbed next to my towel and shirt. It was completely fine.

Make of that what you will!

This is going to sound like it is a brag, but it is true.

I accidentally left a gold Rolex Submariner, worth about 30 thousand dollars, on a sun lounger at the Polynesian last august unattended for about 30 minutes after taking it off to apply sun cream. Only noticed i didnt have it on when I got back and saw it on the sunbed next to my towel and shirt. It was completely fine.

Make of that what you will!
Iā€™m guessing most people wouldnā€™t be savvy enough to know the difference between a Rolex and a Walmart special. Well, that would be me anyways. :bitelip:

We bought a portable travel safe online a few years ago. It is a slashproof canvas-type material. Its about the size of a woman's small clutch purse. It held all four of our cell phones and some cash easily. There is a 3-digit code you key in to lock/unlock. It straps around a lawn chair, etc. It was great when we were at SaB. That pool is huge and it is easy to get out of site of the view of your chair.

If we want to get from Poly to Epcot early so that we are one of the first ones in the park on a regular park hour day, would it be better to take Uber or walk to TTC and take monorail? I wasn't sure if the monorail ran early enough. We are used to walking from YC to Epcot, so this is new territory for us.

If we want to get from Poly to Epcot early so that we are one of the first ones in the park on a regular park hour day, would it be better to take Uber or walk to TTC and take monorail? I wasn't sure if the monorail ran early enough. We are used to walking from YC to Epcot, so this is new territory for us.
Walking to the TTC takes just a couple of minutes and quicker than picking up the monorail off the Poly lobb when traveling to EPCOT. Check the times guide you receive upon check in at the front desk to confirm the time they start running on your particular day. I think we caught the monorail and were at EPCOT security before 8:30am.

Ive had plenty of pre opening breakfasts at Epcot and never had an issue taking the resort monorail early in the morning and being at Epcot by 7:30am. though I learned walking to TTC was easier, as the monorail makes 3 stops before reaching the TTC and it could take about 15 - 20 minutes to get there. I now use the monorail only toward the end of the trip when my feet are tired and I save extra steps any where I can!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter