• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your name is on a card that sits on the table in the patio. All you do is find your name when you get to the pool and take your patio. No need to check in anywhere, and it makes no difference when you show up. We went to ours at maybe 11:00 in June, and simply walked up to it and put our stuff down when we saw which one was ours. I don’t think the phone CMs who handle the reservations often actually know how things work in practice, they just read what they are told.

Thanks!

Would you happen to know the quickest way from GF to the Poly? The monorail could be 20 minutes or more and the wait time for the ferry could be a bit, plus the 10 minute ferry ride. Ive walked it once years ago, but I dont remember how long it took. Didnt seem long, but I remember going through a marshy area on a path and now Im scared of alligators :(

Also, I was just looking at the Oasis menu and it doesnt seem to have any apps/snacks. Can we get them from Capt Cooks and bring them in, or is "outside" food not allowed? Thx.

Last edited:
I just rented one for September and a half day was $37.28 and we have it from 10-2.

Sweet!

What flag do you have waving there, cant tell if its red or orange. By the Guinness, Im guessing orange. Mine would be half orange, half red! My Mom is orange/OFD, Dad is red from Boston.

Go Red Sox!

Last edited:

Sweet!

What flag do you have waving there, cant tell if its red or orange. By the Guinness, Im guessing orange. Mine would be half orange, half red! My Mom is orange/OFD, Dad is red from Boston.

Go Red Sox!

View attachment 414906

Irish flag!! The Sox need to get their heads out of their butts and pick it up in the second half. Especially the bullpen!!

Thanks!

Would you happen to know the quickest way from GF to the Poly? The monorail could be 20 minutes or more and the wait time for the ferry could be a bit, plus the 10 minute ferry ride. Ive walked it once years ago, but I dont remember how long it took. Didnt seem long, but I remember going through a marshy area on a path and now Im scared of alligators :(

Also, I was just looking at the Oasis menu and it doesnt seem to have any apps/snacks. Can we get them from Capt Cooks and bring them in, or is "outside" food not allowed? Thx.

You can bring food in. We just rented a patio on our stay and it was wonderful. This pool is much more casual. No lifeguards and they ave a bar/restaurant and server. You could easily bring food and no one would bat an eye.

So has anyone been to Spirit of Aloha recently? My other half is pretty gung ho to do it during our next stay and I know reviews for it tend to be pretty mixed.

Good Morning! I have a question that I’m sure has been answered but i can’t find it. My niece lives nearby and wants to visit us one afternoon. Would she be able to hang at the pool with us for a few hours?
Thanks!

Good Morning! I have a question that I’m sure has been answered but i can’t find it. My niece lives nearby and wants to visit us one afternoon. Would she be able to hang at the pool with us for a few hours?
Thanks!

Yes and no!

No, technically its against the rules for non resort guests to use the pools. Do people do it all the time anyway, yes.

I will say on super busy days (July 4th week, Christmas week and some random days), lifeguards do check MBs if the pool is too crowded. Its never happened on my trips (non holiday weeks), but Ive read about it. I wouldnt think one person would be a problem, but if your niece was with her whole family, it could be.

This is at the larger pool. Last I saw Oasis was for resort guests only, but maybe that has changed since the Grill opened. Someone else would know better.

Definitely, walking. 5 minutes at a leisurely pace.

Then it will be quicker for me! Ill be running!!!

What I do remember of the walk was being in some marshy area thinking I would be attacked by an alligator. When I saw on the news years later about that poor boy, I had a flashback of my walk from Poly to GF. I could see how that could happen. Maybe they built some sort of barrier now on the walkway. Our trip after the accident was to YC, so I dont know.

Then it will be quicker for me! Ill be running!!!

What I do remember of the walk was being in some marshy area thinking I would be attacked by an alligator. When I saw on the news years later about that poor boy, I had a flashback of my walk from Poly to GF. I could see how that could happen. Maybe they built some sort of barrier now on the walkway. Our trip after the accident was to YC, so I dont know.

Unless you climb the barrier and get into the water, you have nothing to worry about. :thumbsup2

We’re finalizing the last few details of our trip and I was wondering... what’s everyone’s favorite counter service restaurant at Poly for lunch or dinner and why?

We’re finalizing the last few details of our trip and I was wondering... what’s everyone’s favorite counter service restaurant at Poly for lunch or dinner and why?

Oasis Bar & Grill at the Oasis Pool. The Oasis Salad with Chicken is a total go to for me, could eat that every day. The Spinach and Watermelon Salad with Grilled Chicken is an honorable mention too, especially on a hot day.

I often get the kids chicken n pineapple skewers with salad. Its a small portion but great for a snack. Tasty too at CC's.

Lately dd and I have enjoyed the appies at Traders outdoor area. They have my fav Meiomi pinot noir too! Thats a better wine than you get CL.

My kids like the sushi from the Kona sushi bar.

One thing about Poly, i like all the food!

I will recommend looking at all the poly menus. They change often and have a nice variety.

I used to love the chicken wings at Tambu but on NYE they said not available. Maybe due to holiday?

Ok now I am hungry and need to check menus, next stay is at POLY:cloud9:

We LOVED our 2 night stay at the Poly last December and we're headed back for 2 nights using our DVC points this September (adding on to the end of a 7 night Pop stay). I've requested Tokelau based on views from TP. Is this the best request for a studio? We've only stayed on the cash side before. I must say, last December we stayed TPV at the Contemporary and at the Poly and while the Contemporary was lovely for fireworks, the Poly just felt so relaxed! We're excited to be able to stay again. Our first night will be MNSSHP but the next day we're planning on relaxing at the resort. We'll definitely do the Twilight Feast and I'm going to remember to mention my shellfish allergy this time. Last Dec we ordered it but the shrimp was on the same plate as all the other meat so I couldn't eat it. Totally my fault for not mentioning it!

Any other tips on spending several hours just enjoying the resort?

Seconding the Oasis...the wings and Portuguese mini donuts are to die for. But I’ve also loved everything I’ve ever had at Captain Cooks too and enjoyed the pastries in the AM from Kona Island on our way out to parks. I can’t choose a favorite! You really can’t go wrong with any of them, and I like that there’s a variety of food that you won’t see at every other resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter