• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked a "bucket list" trip to the Poly Villa's for Christmas time. I do have a question tho...........I find mention of balconies on the 1st and 3rd floors on the regular standard rooms........is the same true of the Deluxe Villa Studios?

Thank you in advance for any help given here.

Doug :goofy:

Are people still having issues with the monorail not running? Is it still possible to watch the fireworks from the pool or is it closed by then? Do standard rooms still have the daybed or did we lose that when we lost Samoa? TIA...These were the main reasons we chose the Poly, so we're considering changing resorts.

Last edited:
Just booked a "bucket list" trip to the Poly Villa's for Christmas time. I do have a question tho...........I find mention of balconies on the 1st and 3rd floors on the regular standard rooms........is the same true of the Deluxe Villa Studios?

Thank you in advance for any help given here.

Doug :goofy:

The three DVC/Villa longhouses were built after the rest of the resort and DO have balconies on the second floors. :-)

Are people still having issues with the monorail not running? Is it still possible to watch the fireworks from the pool or is it closed by then? Do standard rooms still have the daybed or did we lose that when we lost Samoa? TIA...These were the main reasons we chose the Poly, so we're considering changing resorts.

We were in a standard room in February and loved the day bed and my 14 year old slept on it the entire trip. The pool closed at 8 so unfortunately they kick everyone out of the pool just as fireworks were starting -- I was really bummed that the pool closed that early and had always dreamed of watching fireworks from inside the pool or hot tub! However, they did allow us to watch from the pool loungers which was nice. We had no issues with the monorail when we were there however, we learned that we really preferred the boat each time we went to MK and preferred the walk to the TTC when we were going to Epcot.

Pool hours depend on time of year when you go. But the beach is right there so it’s not inconvenient. There’s a pullout in the standard rooms. We did seven park days and ate at at least one TS restaurant at each monorail resort last month and never had one issue with the monorail.

If I’m understanding the first page correctly it sounds like all rooms have daybeds? I’m specifically wondering about Hawaii.

We were in a standard room in February and loved the day bed and my 14 year old slept on it the entire trip. The pool closed at 8 so unfortunately they kick everyone out of the pool just as fireworks were starting -- I was really bummed that the pool closed that early and had always dreamed of watching fireworks from inside the pool or hot tub! However, they did allow us to watch from the pool loungers which was nice. We had no issues with the monorail when we were there however, we learned that we really preferred the boat each time we went to MK and preferred the walk to the TTC when we were going to Epcot.

Pool hours depend on time of year when you go. But the beach is right there so it’s not inconvenient. There’s a pullout in the standard rooms. We did seven park days and ate at at least one TS restaurant at each monorail resort last month and never had one issue with the monorail.

Thank you both for putting me at ease. We decided to switch to a studio DVC at the Poly and saved $200. Seems like a better room (for us...we have a 23-year old and a 3-year old), bigger, $200 less, and potentially eligible for free dining (we'll be there 8/21). Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Thank you both for putting me at ease. We decided to switch to a studio DVC at the Poly and saved $200. Seems like a better room (for us...we have a 23-year old and a 3-year old), bigger, $200 less, and potentially eligible for free dining (we'll be there 8/21). Am I missing something?
Unfortunately free dining is only available to those who book full price packages (cash reservations) with Disney and resorts/rooms per resort are limited. No free dining when renting points :( Unless that has changed and if it has someone please correct me!

Unfortunately free dining is only available to those who book full price packages (cash reservations) with Disney and resorts/rooms per resort are limited. No free dining when renting points :( Unless that has changed and if it has someone please correct me!

It has not changed, you are correct. :thumbsup2

Thanks, that makes sense. It was $200 less through Disney, rack rate. I'm sure the odds of FD availability are slim, but I had no chance with the standard room.

I called the WDW 10 days out to request a couple different longhouses (Niue and Fiji). We have reserved a Standard Room Type. I called back today because I realized I forgot to mention that I would prefer to be on the marina side if we are staying in Fiji. So I call and the cast member says that I can't request that because I have a standard room reservation. The disney website list a standard room at the poly as "Views of Garden, Pool, Marina, Monorail or Parking Area". Should I call back? I realize that we might not get any of these requests, but I thought it was at least worth a shot.

I called the WDW 10 days out to request a couple different longhouses (Niue and Fiji). We have reserved a Standard Room Type. I called back today because I realized I forgot to mention that I would prefer to be on the marina side if we are staying in Fiji. So I call and the cast member says that I can't request that because I have a standard room reservation. The disney website list a standard room at the poly as "Views of Garden, Pool, Marina, Monorail or Parking Area". Should I call back? I realize that we might not get any of these requests, but I thought it was at least worth a shot.

It wouldn't hurt to call back for clarification regarding that description of available views. My guess is that some standard rooms would get a partial marina view. Wish you luck!

I would call back, and be ready to quote the website!

Worth a shot! You don’t have anything to lose but the time it takes to make the call.

I am somewhat suspicious of a reservation agent on the main Disney number having accurate knowledge / detail regarding specific longhouses and view categories. That level of detail would typically be handled by room assignors on site, not anyone you can call.

Perhaps I’m wrong and they’ve given CMs more detail, but it strikes me as a bit odd.

We are are staying here next month. There are 5 of us, myself, husband, 19 and 17 yo sons and 5 year old daughter staying in deluxe studio for 7 nights. My mom is also coming for 3 nights with her own room. One of the kids will be rooming with her during her stay, however, once we are all back in one room I am now fearing meltdowns over sleeping arrangments. Would there be room for something like this in one of these rooms? This particular air mattress is 30"x70"
51IXygePFcL._SX522_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter