• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the WDW 10 days out to request a couple different longhouses (Niue and Fiji). We have reserved a Standard Room Type. I called back today because I realized I forgot to mention that I would prefer to be on the marina side if we are staying in Fiji. So I call and the cast member says that I can't request that because I have a standard room reservation. The disney website list a standard room at the poly as "Views of Garden, Pool, Marina, Monorail or Parking Area". Should I call back? I realize that we might not get any of these requests, but I thought it was at least worth a shot.
When I made our reservation for Nov 2018 back in Nov 2017, the CM said all the standard rooms were gone (and lagoon rooms too) and the lowest priced ones he had left were the pool/marina view, which we got. Then later I emailed Disney to ask which longhouses were considered in the relatively new Pool/Marina view category, and they said either Samoa or Fiji. Hope this helps a bit! Good luck.

No, the Oasis Pool Bar/Grill is within the pool gates, which you need a MB to open.

I'd recommend the Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace as an alternative.
For as often as I go I'm not sure of Traders hours? Is it only appetizers ?

Dd likes to go inside in the evening and I haven't tried sitting outside except CC's .

No, the Oasis Pool Bar/Grill is within the pool gates, which you need a MB to open.

I'd recommend the Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace as an alternative.

The Oasis Pool is not "magic band" activated anymore. It just has a regular latch where you pull up on the knob to open it.

EDITED - Sorry - I seem to have given mis-information. My trip was in November, but it seems that guests that have visited since then have seen that the latch was taken off and the MB reader re-installed.

Last edited:
The Oasis Pool is not "magic band" activated anymore. It just has a regular latch where you pull up on the knob to open it.
Good to know, thanks! Last December you still needed your magic band. I guess this means anyone can eat at the Oasis Grill?

Is this from a recent trip? I know when we were there in October they had installed those pull up knobs, but when we were there around New Years I am nearly certain the latch was gone and it was back to MB access. I’m not totally confident about that, but that’s what I seem to remember. :confused3

Is this from a recent trip? I know when we were there in October they had installed those pull up knobs, but when we were there around New Years I am nearly certain the latch was gone and it was back to MB access. I’m not totally confident about that, but that’s what I seem to remember. :confused3

I guess they have changed it again then, we were there in November. Sorry for the misinformation. I figured that they had changed it because they wanted people to be able to use the Oasis bar and grill.

For as often as I go I'm not sure of Traders hours? Is it only appetizers ?

Dd likes to go inside in the evening and I haven't tried sitting outside except CC's .
Trader Sam’s opens at 4. Mostly appetizers and small plates, but DH and I have made a meal of them for sure. It’s kid friendly inside until 8.

Too funny I just looked that up on Dis. I was being lazy yesterday :rolleyes:

Thanks!
Sure!
I know you said DD prefers to be inside in the evening, but we’ve also sat on the patio with the kids and DH and I have ordered off the TS menu and sent the kids to grab their food from CC. Just another option if you want more than apps.

Sure!
I know you said DD prefers to be inside in the evening, but we’ve also sat on the patio with the kids and DH and I have ordered off the TS menu and sent the kids to grab their food from CC. Just another option if you want more than apps.
Oh thats a good idea for the group I am going with this summer.

I love the kids menu pineapple chicken skewers from CC's.

Pool hours depend on time of year when you go. But the beach is right there so it’s not inconvenient. There’s a pullout in the standard rooms. We did seven park days and ate at at least one TS restaurant at each monorail resort last month and never had one issue with the monorail.
How late is the pool open in July?

The Poly is my #1 resort that I wanted to stay at and see just how much I like it there as an actual guest. I now have two nights reserved there in a standard view studio in June with DVC points. Is there any location request worth putting in for? I wouldn't mind staying in the building where the laundry is located for DVC, but I know there are fewer standard view studios located there. What about floors? Do you prefer patio or balcony at the Poly and why? We will be arriving very early and will be heading to a water park on our arrival day, so having the room ready early will not be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter