Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know where the Tower King Water view rooms are located? In the center or off on the wings of the tower? We got a great deal on a King, so I snatched it. :)

thanks!

I'm sure this has been addressed in the 535 prior pages, but don't have the patience to weed through them... Lol

DW and I are booking a stay for the week of 4/19 at Coranado.
We have a choice between Water View Tower, Preferred Standard (Casitas), or Water View (where we would request Cabannas).
What are the pluses and minuses to each?
DW is leaning Tower.
I am thinking Water View Cabanna, but am worried about being assured Cabanna with the Water View (and not getting stuck out in Ranchos).
We want to stay near the food, shopping, and transportation.
Not set yet on anything, so we could use your help.
TIA
Go with the tower and select a water view room. The views are great and you will be close to everything, including having dining within the hotel itself.

I just got back from a 5-night trip in the GDT in Room 381. The room was awesome with gorgeous views and the resort felt pretty empty until yesterday when a lot of conventioneers arrived. We had the pool all to ourselves on Monday and the buses were never full. All in all another great trip minus the disappointment of Epcot Forever being canceled last night (our only chance to see it>:().

I am going to need to rent a handicapped accessible room when we go next November. Are there accessible rooms in every section? I also would like to be close to the first bus stop, wherever that is. Can anyone answer my questions? Thanks.

I am going to need to rent a handicapped accessible room when we go next November. Are there accessible rooms in every section? I also would like to be close to the first bus stop, wherever that is. Can anyone answer my questions? Thanks.
[/QUOTE]
Casitas 3 has accessible rooms and is close to the first stop.

Never stayed at Coronado before, but will be there in January. Our flight isn't arriving at MCO until 10:15pm, so I know we need to grab our own bags because Magical Express won't transfer them that late in the evening. We've done the online check-in already, so assuming we will get a text with our room number assignment. Is there a need then to stop at the front desk once ME drops us off at Coronado Springs? If our room assignment ends up being pretty far from the Tower, is there someone to help us get our luggage to our room? Given that we probably won't get to the resort until close to midnight, I'm just not sure what to expect once we arrive. I heard there is an "internal" shuttle bus, but is that running at midnight? Does it help with transporting luggage or just people? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

We just returned from our first stay at CSR. We were there over a very busy holiday weekend - Columbus Day weekend. We booked a standard room with an AP discount. I thought it was a very reasonable rate for this beautiful resort.

Room/Room Request
Made the general room request of high floor and non-connecting room. Did not make any other location or building requests. We got a 3rd floor room at Ranchos 7B overlooking the quiet pool. It was connecting, but thankfully, the family next door were also very quiet. The room was great - remodeled, fantastic location, only 1 minute to the main pool (Dig Site), 2 minutes to the Cabanas bus stop, 3 minutes to the Tower and 5 minutes to the Centro. The Ranchos area was very peaceful and beautiful, with gorgeous landscaping.

My only criticism is that the thermostat was really bright and right next to the bed. Would love ideas for covers for next trip. Also, we checked-in at the desk and they offered the gift card for declining housekeeping. We opted to have housekeeping. It was great. They made the beds, swept the floor, replenished the coffee supplies and the toiletries. And we did not have any annoying security checks since housekeeping did our room. We were not up early any days and they cleaned the room while we were at the parks.

Food/Restaurants
We had breakfast at El Mercado. The Vegan pizza was fantastic, as were the Mickey waffles. The omelettes took a LOOOOONG time to make (slow line, I think they only make 1 at a time), and they were rather tasteless. The menu online looked like it wasn't recently updated. There were different items and prices, especially the room service menu. Prices online were a lot lower than the menu in the room. I had planned on ordering room service until I realized that 2 omelettes would be more than $50.

We also had "dinner" at the Three Bridges. It was a little awkward because they were closing it for a private event and we could only get seating at the sofa. Eating a salad at the sofa wasn't the easiest thing in the world, LOL. On the good news side, the salad was great and the place is very pretty. They are now taking the TiW card, so that is 20% off your food and drinks!

Buses/Transportation
This was really great/hit or miss/bad. Seemed to us that the service from the parks was better than the service to the parks. We wound up Ubering 4 times in our 4 day trip. The first night we got to the bus stop at 7 pm to go to Epcot. None of the bus stops in the app were showing an Epcot bus time, so we should have just hopped on an Uber immediately. But, our previous experiences in other resorts is that if you wait 20 minutes you will see a bus. Long story short, we eventually got a bus at 7:44. There were 3 other times when we got to the stop and no buses were showing for either Epcot or DHS. We waited 5-10 minutes and since bus times were not showing, we called Uber. Sometimes the app didn't match the sign in the bus stop.

From the parks, the service was much better. I was impressed at MK closing on Friday (after MNSSHP) and Sunday (after fireworks) that they sent 2 buses. The wait was only about 10 minutes. Really great service at that time.

All, in all, we enjoyed our trip and thought it was good value with the AP discount.

Last edited:
Anyone have suggestions for standard king room that's close to El Centro and not facing a parking lot? I usually use Touring Plans room finder and request a room using them (and often get what I've asked for!), but a lot of the king standard room view pics are overlooking either pools or lakes, so I'm worried that they are labeled wrong.

Are there any special activities at Coronado on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day? I saw the rooftop dinner option for this year but I was hoping for activities for my kids?

Forgive me if this was asked and answered before: Where are there Refill stations for the refillable mugs? We'll be staying at Gran Destino Tower- is there a station in the tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter