Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I asked something twice already and I appreciate the 1 person that said there was an elevator in their building. No one else answered. 😢. Are there elevators in all of the buildings? Mom is going to be using an ECV, what should I request for the closest standard room? Fingers crossed for an answer. Thanks!

I used an ECV at Coronado on a previous trip and I requested 1st floor. Since there is no balcony anyway with it being an outside corridor I went with 1st floor for convivence. I was glad I did because it was so much faster than dealing with the elevator which I believe they do have in every building.
The other thing I did was requested Casitas because it's the 1st bus pick up and most busses can only hold two ECV's and I didn't want to be stuck not being able to get on because the bus already had two on it. Hope this helps.

My experience has been that if you booked two rooms they’ll do what they can to get you near each other. You can always call and have them put a note in the system. I guess nothing’s guaranteed but they’ll always put it in the file. :)
What if our room is in my name, but my mom booked her own room in her name? We are connected in my MDE account though since I make dinner and fastpass reservations for our whole group. Does that help?

What if our room is in my name, but my mom booked her own room in her name? We are connected in my MDE account though since I make dinner and fastpass reservations for our whole group. Does that help?
When you have different categories booked they will try to get you as close as possible. Ask when you check in and again when mom does,

We booked a water view room at CSR in January and then 5 days later my mom will be checking in at CSR in her own Standard view room. What can I do to request that our rooms are somewhat close to each other? Is it best to mention it at the front desk when we check in? Is there a place to request that during online check in?
My experience has been that if you booked two rooms they’ll do what they can to get you near each other. You can always call and have them put a note in the system. I guess nothing’s guaranteed but they’ll always put it in the file. :)

Call the reservations number, give them both confirmation numbers, and ask them to put a “traveling with” notation on both reservations. They’ll try to put you as close together as possible.

Sadly, I asked something twice already and I appreciate the 1 person that said there was an elevator in their building. No one else answered. 😢. Are there elevators in all of the buildings? Mom is going to be using an ECV, what should I request for the closest standard room? Fingers crossed for an answer. Thanks!
@LisaRay gave you great advice.

All Disney building are compliant. I’m certain there is an elevator in each casita. But I love her advice.

Depending on the resort, I will request ground floor rooms. I’m in and out faster. Sometimes you get a door that opens up to lovely garden areas. And I don’t use an ECV.

I would totally take her advice, especially regarding busses. Request the casitas she recommends. So that you don’t have to wait for another bus. Request ground floor and mention that you want it due to an ECV. I would bet that if you request an accessible room, it would likely (not guaranteed) be ground floor also. Then you would have more floor space, easier bathroom for her to move around in, etc.

Hope that helps.

Hi, I was at CSR a few weeks ago. I stayed in the tower and used an ECV. It worked well with the new elevators. I have also stayed in the traditional party of the resort. At that time I was using a wheel chair. We called to ensure we had a ground floor room. Not all buildings have elevators. If you can swing it I would recommed the tower. It is lovely and ECV friendly. When using the elevator press the disability button before your floor button to ensure you have enough time to get on the elevator. Hope this helps you and your mom.

I used an ECV at Coronado on a previous trip and I requested 1st floor. Since there is no balcony anyway with it being an outside corridor I went with 1st floor for convivence. I was glad I did because it was so much faster than dealing with the elevator which I believe they do have in every building.
The other thing I did was requested Casitas because it's the 1st bus pick up and most busses can only hold two ECV's and I didn't want to be stuck not being able to get on because the bus already had two on it. Hope this helps.
Oh sorry. When I book a room they told me not all buildings had elevator. I was placed in the Rancheros. Sorry not the first time a cast member gave incorrect information. About 10 years ago I stayed at POR in the back buidings and they did not have elevators. My DH carried my wheel chair up the stairs everyday. Poor guy.

I’m reposting this in hopes that someone will reply. Thanks!
I did get a chance to walk around on my recent stay. The cabanas section is pretty close for your transfer.

However bell services can assist your transfer if needed.

Call the reservations number, give them both confirmation numbers, and ask them to put a “traveling with” notation on both reservations. They’ll try to put you as close together as possible.
We have similar situation so when we checked in I made sure to mention it to the front desk. Told them we didn’t need a connecting room but to if possible be at lest in the same building. She made a note on their booking to let the room allocators know. Will find out on Saturday if it’s worked.

Oh sorry. When I book a room they told me not all buildings had elevator. I was placed in the Rancheros. Sorry not the first time a cast member gave incorrect information. About 10 years ago I stayed at POR in the back buidings and they did not have elevators. My DH carried my wheel chair up the stairs everyday. Poor guy.
Ooohhh. Sorry. I stand corrected. I’ll put that in the file. 😉

Has anyone with the refillable mug (we have QS Dining plan) had success getting hot tea in the morning and just asking for a cardboard/disposable cup so you don't have to put the tea in the mug? Thanks!

When do they announce pool hours for Oct ? or is it just done by the week or what? We are staying the last weekend in Oct and are curious how late we will be able to access the hot tub.

Thank you all so much for responding! We are in the tower the first 2 nights and they don’t have a room in the tower for the 3rd night. I’ve been looking every day to no avail. I got a standard room for the 3rd night and just wasn’t sure about elevators. I’ve had cast members tell me that all Disney Resorts have elevators but, I know that’s not correct information because CBR has 0 elevators. Thanks again everyone who responded!!

The 4th floor in casita 2 does not have access to an elevator. You have to walk up from the 3rd floor or us the elevator in casita 3 to access the floor.

Attachments

• 5a.jpg
    5a.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 22
Just got a pin code for "past-guests" and was able to save 25% on a Tower- King Water View, almost $1000 in savings compared to what we had previouslly booked!!!

Trip (tentatively) back on! With all the sadness right now with our kitties, we will need a vacation pick me up next May. I'm so thankful!!! :)

We are staying at CSR for the first time in the GDT - I was hoping someone had some recent pictures of what is in the gift shop grocery area? What kinds of foods are in the fridges and on the shelves that we could buy for the room? We arrive on Thanksgiving and GG isn't delivering that day (for obvious reasons) - we could order Amazon I know - but we will not have time to stop at a store on the way to the hotel due to our arrival time. Just curious what we would be able to pick up in the resort store. Pictures would be so helpful! Thanks!

Hi, I was at CSR a few weeks ago. I stayed in the tower and used an ECV. It worked well with the new elevators. I have also stayed in the traditional party of the resort. At that time I was using a wheel chair. We called to ensure we had a ground floor room. Not all buildings have elevators. If you can swing it I would recommed the tower. It is lovely and ECV friendly. When using the elevator press the disability button before your floor button to ensure you have enough time to get on the elevator. Hope this helps you and your mom.

Did you have trouble getting on busses since bus stop at Tower is last stop before leaving resort for parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter