Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hello!

im hoping to book a trip for next summer (late July-early august 2022) assuming travel from Europe will be possible by then!
Are the garden wing rooms likely to have the same refurb as the tower rooms have gotten by then?
we’ve stayed in the tower twice before and loved it, but only the garden wing is showing as available right now for our dates.

Just got home from CR. What an exhausting trip. Hate to admit it, but Im getting too old for Disney! I should say the Disney Im used to. Future trips wll definitely include less parks, more resort!
Same here. I usually stay in in the evenings while my kids go back out. Hard to believe you can break something by walking but that's what it feels like sometimes. At least with CR everything you need is basically in the building (except phone charger cords, noted*)

At least with CR everything you need is basically in the building (except phone charger cords, noted*)
Hahaha! Yes note to self...bring extra charger on future trips anywhere.

Yesterday morning, when I woke up, I noticed a small rash on the bottom of my leg. When I got home, after flying for 3 hours, it was huge. I googled "Can you get a rash on leg from flying" (sometimes my ankles swell, so wasnt sure if rash was caused by flying too). First thing that came up on google was "Disney Rash". I have never heard of it!!! But after seeing pictures (and age of who typically gets it :( ) that was exactly it! That is what 1.5 years of covid - stay at home - will get you when you finally get out of the house and head straight to Disney!!! I put cortizone on it and hopefully it will go away in a few days. Looks much better this morning already.

Oh...and totally forgot to mention, in the tower there is banging, drilling, hammering all day! Starting around Thursday, heavy paint fume smells too, especially noticable when waiting for the monorail At first I thought it was glue and chuckled at the thought of the building being glued together! Then my brain kicked in and realized it was paint!

This may have been addressed up thread, but have we heard if Garden Wing is getting the refurb once the tower is finished?

Hahaha! Yes note to self...bring extra charger on future trips anywhere.

Yesterday morning, when I woke up, I noticed a small rash on the bottom of my leg. When I got home, after flying for 3 hours, it was huge. I googled "Can you get a rash on leg from flying" (sometimes my ankles swell, so wasnt sure if rash was caused by flying too). First thing that came up on google was "Disney Rash". I have never heard of it!!! But after seeing pictures (and age of who typically gets it :( ) that was exactly it! That is what 1.5 years of covid - stay at home - will get you when you finally get out of the house and head straight to Disney!!! I put cortizone on it and hopefully it will go away in a few days. Looks much better this morning already.

Oh wow! Glad it is looking better. I also had to play Dr. Google after reading this. Very interesting!

Unrelated: booked last week for end of Nov/early Dec at BLT. We stayed there last Nov and had no plans to go this year, but my DD and I got sucked in by the subliminal messages from Disney commercials so I canceled our beach trip for next year to go (with the normal virus caveat).

Does the CR garden view rooms have the large dispensers of soap/shampoo/conditioner in the showers or is it the single packages left by housekeeping?

Does the CR garden view rooms have the large dispensers of soap/shampoo/conditioner in the showers or is it the single packages left by housekeeping?

Garden Wing rooms currently have individual bottles. But they will be replaced with wall dispensers once those rooms are renovated after Disney finishes with the Tower rooms.

Garden Wing rooms currently have individual bottles. But they will be replaced with wall dispensers once those rooms are renovated after Disney finishes with the Tower rooms.

Are they doing the same themeing in the Garden Wing? Or do we know yet?

Thanks, I check in Wednesday lol
Try to bring our own soap unless you like dry skin. They tried to get fancy with their "sea salt" soap bar. My (non sensative) skin dried right up. Not what I want in the blazing sun! Also, its SUPER humid (and Im from MA and very used to humidity). Bring hair elastics/hat too!!!!! The whole week we were there, it only rained 2x for about 1/2 hour each, around 5:30pm.

Not sure how many nights you are looking for. I see that you can book it for Oct. 23 but if you add additional days it says "unavailable"....maybe play around with the check out dates, depending on your flexibility. Looks like a lot of resorts sold out that week. Not sure what's going on besides the 50th.

Availability has shown up - but $700+ for garden wing :rolleyes2… If it was at least in the A frame I would consider it but these prices are just insane.

Last edited:
Any word on when all the mess and noise in the tower will be done? Deciding between a garden or tower early October…

Try to bring our own soap unless you like dry skin. They tried to get fancy with their "sea salt" soap bar. My (non sensative) skin dried right up. Not what I want in the blazing sun! Also, its SUPER humid (and Im from MA and very used to humidity). Bring hair elastics/hat too!!!!! The whole week we were there, it only rained 2x for about 1/2 hour each, around 5:30pm.
Love the sea salt soap and shampoo!

Looking forward to your trip report! Will be in the Garden on Sept 30 - Oct 2. From all sounds, I'm super glad we're not in the Tower! Won't be in the tower until July 2022 - so all that mess should be gone by then.
Since they shut them down all at once, and are working on the Tower rooms all at once, my thinking was they would release them for availability all at once as well. Does anyone know if that is the plan. Finish them and move to Garden wing all at once?

Any word on when all the mess and noise in the tower will be done? Deciding between a garden or tower early October…
Since they shut them down all at once, and are working on the Tower rooms all at once, my thinking was they would release them for availability all at once as well. Does anyone know if that is the plan. Finish them and move to Garden wing all at once?

The renovations in the tower, including the room rehabs, are supposed to be completed by mid to late September 2021 - in time for 50th on October 1, 2021.
If you're looking for a tower room for this October during the 50th anniversary weekend, good luck. Those rooms sold out in May 2020 at the 499 day mark for new reservations. I made my reservation on that date. I'm gong to be very disappointed if my reservation is cancelled.

The renovations in the tower, including the room rehabs, are supposed to be completed by mid to late September 2021 - in time for 50th on October 1, 2021.
If you're looking for a tower room for this October during the 50th anniversary weekend, good luck. Those rooms sold out in May 2020 at the 499 day mark for new reservations. I made my reservation on that date. I'm gong to be very disappointed if my reservation is cancelled.
Ditto!
Fingers Crossed!

Mine isn't until first week of December. Pretty confident I will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter