Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

They offered nothing at CR. I was offered GF TPV with CL access (although the room is in an outer bldg so getting to the club will require a walk).
Hmm, I’m not sure what I’d do. On one hand, I’d be happy to get CL at GF, but I would be a little upset about not being in the main building.

Atrium Club arriving 9/25.

The had nothing in the main tower to offer so they offered the Grand at a very nominal reduction.
On a Facebook page I follow, someone mentioned being moved from CR TPV to Poly TPV due to construction not being completed. They were scheduled to arrive 9/20.

CR has been posted for quite some time its return of cl at CR starting9/26. That is why they are being moved.

The TPV person non cl probably moved because there isn't an opening date yet.

This from WDW
Some Disney Resort hotel services are currently modified or unavailable.

Changes include:

• In-room celebrations are not available
  • Private dining is only available at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
  • Dry-cleaning and valet laundry services are unavailable; self-service laundry is available
  • Club-Level is being reintroduced to select Disney Resort hotels over the coming months. Please note the following lounge reopening dates:
  • August 26, 2021Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
    September 16, 2021Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
    September 23, 2021Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
    September 26, 2021Disney’s Contemporary Resort
    December 16, 2021Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
    December 16, 2021Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
    For more information, please contact the Disney Reservation Center.
In addition, the resort airline check-in service is no longer available.

Last edited:
CR has been posted for quite some time its return of cl at CR starting9/26. That is why they are being moved.

The TPV person non cl probably moved because there isn't an opening date yet.

This from WDW
Some Disney Resort hotel services are currently modified or unavailable.

Changes include:

• In-room celebrations are not available
  • Private dining is only available at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
  • Dry-cleaning and valet laundry services are unavailable; self-service laundry is available
  • Club-Level is being reintroduced to select Disney Resort hotels over the coming months. Please note the following lounge reopening dates:
  • August 26, 2021Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
    September 16, 2021Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
    September 23, 2021Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
    September 26, 2021Disney’s Contemporary Resort
    December 16, 2021Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
    December 16, 2021Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
    For more information, please contact the Disney Reservation Center.
In addition, the resort airline check-in service is no longer available.
Sounds like the date for CR is in jeopardy.

Too soon to tell. They say late September. My guess all the tower opens 9/26.

As usual with disney, its wait and see :rolleyes1

Current from the site:
Please pardon our pixie dust as we update our Guest rooms and the first floor Lobby at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. From July 16 through late September 2021, front desk and concierge services will be located on the second floor.

O
Oh I will be at GF cl 9/29. It really is a nice cl. I hope you enjoy it. Follow along on the CL thread and GF thread. Lots of ppl will post current info if needed..

Also the TPV actual view is better from outerbuilding vs the main building. The outer buildings are closer to mk. IF view was important that is a good thing.

Anyone who has been to BLT recently - how are people handling elevators now in terms of sharing with different families/crowding? Thanks!

On the Cali Grill page it says it's a special dining experience for the 50th anniversary and will be available starting Oct 2. We'd been speculating about just how expensive that would be.
It says unavailable after Oct 2 while they create something new. I was expecting it to be closed for a couple of months.

It says unavailable after Oct 2 while they create something new. I was expecting it to be closed for a couple of months.
Hmm.. that is not how I interpreted the 'California Grill is currently unavailable for bookings after October 2 as we create a special dining experience for the 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort. '
I have actually taken that to mean that 'we are not allowing reservations after Oct 2 right now because we will be starting something new for the 50th anniversary on that date and it will be fixe prix and expensive, so we don't want anyone to make reservations past that date right now until they know what they are actually getting into.' I never read that to be 'we'll be closed from Oct 2 for a while'.
I cannot imagine that they would close the Grill right at that peak crowd level, that would be incrediably poorly timed.

Anyone who has been to BLT recently - how are people handling elevators now in terms of sharing with different families/crowding? Thanks!
The northern elevators are far less crowded if needed. The other bank of elevators near the bridge from Cr get mote traffic.

I wonder if the space is changing or just the menu??
I think it's going to mostly be just the menu. Folks can go up there and get a pizza and sushi and that's it now and still get the fireworks view. I think Disney knows lots more people will want that view, and are going to make a special 'fixe prix' menu instead that will let them get a lot more money out of the folks who want the fireworks view. Sure, they might put up some gold and blue decorations to 'celebrate the 50th'. I do think the menu will have some new things, especially birthday desserts.

Over MdW I used them often. The other side always had people arriving or leaving with baggage. I don’t mind the extra steps Vs standing and waiting 😅
Agree!! I was able to snag a 1-br villa. I had CL booked for this upcoming trip, but my sister and her daughter decided they want to stay in my room - and I think the extra room and especially bathroom will be valuable (and cost was near comparable). I hope that elevator crowding might also be more avoidable at BLT with this tip.
Thanks again!!!

How crowded has the pool at BLT been lately? Is the hot tub open? We're going next week and very excited to be back at BLT!

How crowded has the pool at BLT been lately? Is the hot tub open? We're going next week and very excited to be back at BLT!

We were there mid-July (a different time) and we found the BLT pool relatively crowded. We arrived on a Saturday around 1pm and it took several laps around before before we found chairs that afternoon.

But like with any pool situation, it can be highly variable at any given moment on any given day.

The hot tub was open and quite popular.

We had a great stay. Have fun!

Just got home from CR. What an exhausting trip. Hate to admit it, but Im getting too old for Disney! I should say the Disney Im used to. Future trips wll definitely include less parks, more resort!

As for CR, it was OK. Sadly the vibe was nothing I am used to. Very quiet all week at the resorts and in the parks. Epcot was a ghost town on Monday. I walked on Soarin' at 2pm, 3 times in a row. Only real line was for Frozen. Test Track was 5 minutes. Everything else was walk on/through.

As for CR....scheduled power outage tonight from midnight - 5am. A few guests are worried about AC and fully charging their devices. I checked out this morning, so didnt think anything about it.

From start to finish...I pulled up out front to get help with luggage. Nobody around for about 15 minutes, so I went inside to bell services. They assured me 1 person was working and to wait. I waited another 20ish minutes and the guy came to help me (8:30am-ish). My room was ready around 2pm. I called to have luggage brought to my room. That went smoothly. In (very clean) room, no info on resort or activities. There was a little pamphlet re: the new Disney Genie and how it will work. Thats it. I called this morning re: bounceback offers and was told there were none.

So back to day one, as soon as I got my luggage, I went to my carryon for my phone charger and it was missing. I always keep it in a zipped pouch on my carryon, but it wasnt there. I cant say with any certainty what may have happened. 20 year old me would have accused someone of stealing, but mid fifty year old me might very well have done something dumb with it...took it out for some reason somewhere and forgotten it??? Who knows. Anyway, I immediately went to the 4th floor to buy a new one, but they only had one for IPhone, not Android. For $30 I bought a power bank in the vending machine. It barely worked/charged. Since MDE drains my battery so quickly, this thing could barely keep up. I went to the front desk to ask if they knew any place I could buy a charger and was told Target or Best Buy. Not helpful at all.

I took the monorail over the the GF and asked around their stores too. No luck, but was told all front desks have a charging port for all phones and if I left my phone with them for a few hours, I could pick it up later, fully charged. I decided to do this at the CR. Back on the monorail I went. Stopped at MK and was told everyone had to get off (Red monorail). NO idea what was going on, but was then told to wait an unknown amount of time, or start walking to CR.

I finally made it back to CR, went to the 2nd floor temporary desk again and asked if they could charge my phone. They had no idea what I was talking about. Ughhhhh..... No phone charge port there. I was told I could maybe try ordering a phone from a store and have doordash or the like deliver it. I asked how I would do that and was told from my (uncharged) phone. I asked where the business center was so maybe I could do this on a computer, but was told they dont have a business center! (And to think back on the day all rooms had a computer!!!). So no business enter at a Convention hotel. LOL.

I went to the elevator to go back up to the 4th floor to get back on the monorail to check MK. There are 4 elevators. One was being used for CG guests only. Every time I pressed the up botton, the CG elevator would come and the up light would go out but the CG elevator didnt go to the 4th floor. Drove me nuts. I had to plan it perfectly to press the button when guest was going up in the CG elevator, then it triggered a 2nd elevator. Not fun.

I finally got a cord (not full charger) and was able to charge the phone in the USB in the room. Good thing because Contempo ordering now must be done thru the app! We waited an hour this morning for breakfast at 7am.

So other then the charger disaster, no activities, elevator confusion, Contempo service backed up morning and evening and a few delays with monorails, everything was good. Loved the room and was excited to see a beach volleyball net since my DD17 is a player. I wish I knew before and I would have brought a ball. Maybe next time (when things are in full swing again).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter